Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I, too, bought the wall connector when it was $495 and had it installed recently. My 3/30 OD has had EDD pushed back to Sep/Oct. The way things are going, the car will likely show up while I’m either in Mexico next month, or during my trip to GA in June. 🤣 I am a firm believer in not stressing over things you cannot control. ☮️ ✌️= a much better state of mind

• Love
Reactions: Junior86
Is that mounted outside your house? I live in So Cal and I would be afraid that would be stolen. Currently catalytic converters are being stolen recently and one off my neighbor's car. I have a Superior Court judge in front and a sheriff next door and we think our neighborhood is safe but still stuff like this happens.

Camarillo. CA Ventura County.. I think it's the Aero which I prefer with the MSM, so I'll wait it out
It's mounted outside on the side of the garage. There is a covered side gate right in front.

Reactions: M3Kat
So I got an automated Tesla message today:

“Hi, if you're selling a vehicle to prepare for your upcoming Model 3 delivery, you can trade your vehicle in with your purchase!

Get your trade-in value by responding to this text with your car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact mileage, and a Tesla Advisor will follow up with you soon.”

I then said I am not selling a car towards this purchase. I then said that my edd window is now may 9 to may 23. So are we waiting for a vin to be assigned? Is the car being made? To which my SA replied:

“Yes. Once the VIN get's assigned and the car leaves the factory, you will be getting an automated message to schedule your pickup appointment.”

I am not sure if this would help anyone but looks like those that have two week windows and no vins will likely get it once the car is almost done being made? My best guess

So I got an automated Tesla message today:

“Hi, if you're selling a vehicle to prepare for your upcoming Model 3 delivery, you can trade your vehicle in with your purchase!

Get your trade-in value by responding to this text with your car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact mileage, and a Tesla Advisor will follow up with you soon.”

I then said I am not selling a car towards this purchase. I then said that my edd window is now may 9 to may 23. So are we waiting for a vin to be assigned? Is the car being made? To which my SA replied:

“Yes. Once the VIN get's assigned and the car leaves the factory, you will be getting an automated message to schedule your pickup appointment.”

I am not sure if this would help anyone but looks like those that have two week windows and no vins will likely get it once the car is almost done being made? My best guess
I wonder how long it takes them to build a vehicle from start to finish?

After drooling over Teslas for six or seven years, I finally placed an order for a M3 LR AWD this past Tuesday (the 26th). Estimated delivery at the time was between July - October this year, matching what a sales rep had advised me over the phone.
Checking the app the very next day, the estimated delivery had updated to between May 1st - May 14th!! 😱
I was shocked and delighted! 🤩 I guess I got lucky that my particular configuration was already rolling off the factory line soon? Whatever the reason for the much faster-than-expected timeframe, I began scrambling to get everything ready.

Has anyone else seen things like this, where the estimated delivery changes to be so much sooner than anticipated?

Anyone have some tips for ensuring a smooth transition from ICE to EV? I have an appointment with a licensed electrician to install charging in my garage, but I'm unsure whether to actually go for the Tesla wall box, or just get a simple 240V utility outlet. From my understanding, the official Tesla charger only adds about 20% to the charging speed (over a simple 240V outlet), so is the extra $500 really worth it?

I'm also in Utah just south of the Salt Lake valley, so it can get pretty cold here. Any tips for getting the most from my battery during cold weather?

After drooling over Teslas for six or seven years, I finally placed an order for a M3 LR AWD this past Tuesday (the 26th). Estimated delivery at the time was between July - October this year, matching what a sales rep had advised me over the phone.
Checking the app the very next day, the estimated delivery had updated to between May 1st - May 14th!! 😱
I was shocked and delighted! 🤩 I guess I got lucky that my particular configuration was already rolling off the factory line soon? Whatever the reason for the much faster-than-expected timeframe, I began scrambling to get everything ready.

Has anyone else seen things like this, where the estimated delivery changes to be so much sooner than anticipated?

Anyone have some tips for ensuring a smooth transition from ICE to EV? I have an appointment with a licensed electrician to install charging in my garage, but I'm unsure whether to actually go for the Tesla wall box, or just get a simple 240V utility outlet. From my understanding, the official Tesla charger only adds about 20% to the charging speed (over a simple 240V outlet), so is the extra $500 really worth it?

I'm also in Utah just south of the Salt Lake valley, so it can get pretty cold here. Any tips for getting the most from my battery during cold weather?
Awesome! What was your configuration? I have MSM/white int/aero/no FSD and still have the July-Sept timeframe. Ordered April 7th.

Received 2 week window on Wednesday 5/8 - 5/22, today bumped to 5/2 - 5/16.

@T-J- I really do hope they provide an update soon for our "TMC poster child".
Ahh, someone with a similar order to mine. You ordered a few days before me with the same config but I haven’t received the 2 week window yet. My only EDD change was when I switched from black to white interior. I’m hoping next week will yield a two week window.

Reactions: Junior86 and T-J-

Hmm, that seems very odd especially given what I confirmed yesterday regarding the charge ports. There must’ve been a cancellation.