Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I don't see anywhere to modify my order. I'm gonna try to contact their Sales, to see if I can get on a waiting list for the mobile connector, but I imagine I'm just gonna have to keep checking every now & then to see if it ever comes back in stock.
If you ordered before 4/28 it should be included. If you ordered on 4/28 or after and didn’t have the option to purchase a charging option then I would contact them and see what they can do.

Has anyone received a vin for a M3lr in Nashville around a feb 18 order date?
You could check the sheet:

This turo thing seems so risky
That guy handled that way better than I would have. Seriously testing a bumper? Never heard of turo but I would never put my Tesla on there.

While we're waiting, what is everybody using to charge? I planned on using the UMC but as it does not seem available I may as well make a new plans. I debated on getting the Tesla wall charger however aftermarket chargers like the emporia or the grizzl-e seen like they may be a better value. I think with Tesla dropping the wall connector to $400 makes it a solid contender.

CE5B84CD-1C35-4108-8293-FDA13510BB42.jpeg

Friend of mine just sent this to me… just took this pic a few min ago here in Buffalo NY

While we're waiting, what is everybody using to charge? I planned on using the UMC but as it does not seem available I may as well make a new plans. I debated on getting the Tesla wall charger however aftermarket chargers like the emporia or the grizzl-e seen like they may be a better value. I think with Tesla dropping the wall connector to $400 makes it a solid contender.
I don't have my Model 3 yet, but I plan to mostly use the charging stations at work and at grocery stores.

I went with the "dumb" Grizzl-e. I figured no need to pay for smart features when all of the scheduling can be done on the vehicle. I don't have any feedback on performance since I'm still waiting on my M3LR...but it looks nice and feels very solid.

View attachment 799000

Friend of mine just sent this to me… just took this pic a few min ago here in Buffalo NY
...with tape over the charge port of at least the black one. Missing charge ports, as is consistent with other recent deliveries.
Do we need to buy mud flaps?
Does LR come with mud flaps?
Mud flaps are not standard. Note that if you order the Tesla mud flaps, they are only for the front wheels. The mud flaps come with parts for two different configurations. Check the store page to see those configurations. As far as I can tell, the mud flaps install without poking new holes in the car.
I don't drive a lot of miles, so I was using the 110v charger on an exterior outlet on my home. It was really no problem for what I was doing. I had a 220v line installed with a 14-50 outlet and have been using that with the mobile connector and the 14-50 adapter (32 amps). When the corded connector comes in stock, I'll switch to that (40 amps) and leave the mobile connector in the car.

My credit union had a good rate that expires at the end of this month (1.89%) and they locked me in without a Vin yesterday
That's cool of them. Here are some percentage comparisons from 1.89% to 3.50% in case that lock doesn't last. I did two examples of 60 and 72 months and chose a $40k loan as an example. I also jumped up to 2.99% since that's what Tesla's rate is right now.

Attachments

• 60.jpg
    60.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 72.jpg
    72.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 53
  • Informative
Reactions: JB47394
...with tape over the charge port of at least the black one. Missing charge ports, as is consistent with other recent deliveries.

Mud flaps are not standard. Note that if you order the Tesla mud flaps, they are only for the front wheels. The mud flaps come with parts for two different configurations. Check the store page to see those configurations. As far as I can tell, the mud flaps install without poking new holes in the car.
That longer sets looks goofy to me for the M3 as it kinda kills the streamline vibe. You'd think they'd just offer the option of getting 4 of whatever version you want. If I were to buy the set from the link, I'd be tossing the longer ones away. What a waste.

I just got a VIN assignment and a 5 day delivery window. At this point, I'd rather take my car with the charge port missing and just park it then to keep getting delivery push backs. I don't need my credit pulled a 3rd time 60 days from now.

I put 220v outlet in my garage while we wait. 95% of the time, my wife will be using the included mobile connector to charge at home. We're 4 miles from a Supercharger but she typically drives 15-40 miles a day so our 30 mile/hr charge rate is way plenty for us. Heck, even the 120v 5 mile/hr rate would work for her if charging overnight.

I didn’t even consider these. Can you please elaborate on why they’re needed? Do they effect range?
I've read they don't change the range enough to be noticeable. Mud flaps keep anything your tires kick up from damaging the lower body panels of the car and that doesn't just happen by going off road. You'd be surprised just how much debris normal roads and highways have. If you look at your vehicle's lower panels behind each tire, you'll see all types of stuff that has stuck on there. We've always had dark color vehicles (mostly gray) so anything that has stuck itself to lower body panels is much harder to see.