Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
me sitting here with a 02/10 OD and still a month window (western Canada, not Vancouver) while everyone gets shrinking windows and vins
has me thinking my order is gonna be one of those neglected ones that for some reason doesn’t come for 5+ months. Please tell me I’m wrong ?

So I’m think about financing with either Tesla or DCU. Right now I have a two week window 5/16-5/30. The FEDs going to be raising rates again Wednesday so I’m wondering if I’m safe to apply for financing before I have my VIN? I know it expires after 30 days, so a little nervous if I do it not and there’s any movement back I’ll have to reapply and take the credit hit again. Any thoughts?

So I’m think about financing with either Tesla or DCU. Right now I have a two week window 5/16-5/30. The FEDs going to be raising rates again Wednesday so I’m wondering if I’m safe to apply for financing before I have my VIN? I know it expires after 30 days, so a little nervous if I do it not and there’s any movement back I’ll have to reapply and take the credit hit again. Any thoughts?
You cannot finance with no VIN. The bank needs an agreement to fund your loan and will not lock the rate without it.

Date changed for the better…

OD - 2/7 - M3 LR Blue Aero No FSD

2/7 - EDD 1 - March

2/11 - EDD 2 - 5/4 - 6/1

2/16 - EDD 3 - 3/12 - 3/31

2/28 - EDD 4 - 4/23 - 5/21

3/5 - Changed from Blue to MSM

3/11 - EDD 5 - 3/24 - 3/31

3/15 - EDD 6 - 4/11 - 5/9

3/31 - EDD 7 - 6/9 - 7/21

4/5 - EDD 8 - 5/1 - 5/29

4/20 - EDD 9 - 5/22 - 6/19

4/26 - Vin Assigned - Delivery 5/9 - 5/13

4/30 - Delivery Changed - 4/30 - 5/4

Still unable to schedule an exact date which is odd and all this talk of charger port ecu issues are starting to worry me. My SA hasn’t said anything about it yet though so fingers crossed.

I got the highly anticipated 2 week window EDD update this morning. It was my third update and has brought my EDD back into the window of my original EDD. All info in my Signature line.

EDD 5/22-6/4

Going with DCU and may try to get the financing started so I can lock in the rate. I believe they will lock the rate for 45 days until you get the VIN to them to sign the paperwork.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
You cannot finance with no VIN. The bank needs an agreement to fund your loan and will not lock the rate without it.
I don't believe that is true. I was approved for financing without a VIN and was able to lock my rate for 180 days. They will not write the check without the VIN, but you can get approved and lock the current rate.

Dear Diary,
Day 67. No updates since April 21.
People with newer OD's are getting two week windows and VINs.
Feeling sad even though I felt cute today.
Texting Tesla yesterday went unnoticed.
Maybe Tesla isn't feeling cute?
11 days until EDD #8 starts.
Drove by your house (Glendale Tesla) yesterday. Saw lots of Teslas in the lot.
Are you cheating on me??
Maybe I'm not as cute as I thought?
WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME TESLA!?!?!?
Anyway, the coffee is good this morning.

I don't believe that is true. I was approved for financing without a VIN and was able to lock my rate for 180 days. They will not write the check without the VIN, but you can get approved and lock the current rate.
You're right. The whole point of locking in the rate is to guarantee that's what you're going to get unless it expires before the car arrives. Any lender could choose not to honor that locked rate but that doesn't happen very often.

Reactions: PinSeeker
That's not entirely accurate. There are a number of banks and credit unions that, in an effort to support members pre-ordering vehicles will lock rates 30/60/90 days. Our credit union locked our rate and approval for 90 days.