Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgot to post an update, unfortunately one of the ones who got a pushback :'(

M3LR White, Black, Aero, no FSD. NY
OD: 2/9
EDD at order: April
EDD 2/10: May 4 - June 1
EDD 3/22: April 22 - May 27
EDD 4/5: May 5 - June 2
Well congrats to someone in the Mt Kisco crew. I was assigned a VIN today, but of course after 3 months it landed on the 1 week I'm out of town :'(

• Disagree
Reactions: dgoodlan
Does anyone know if you can start making car payments, before you actually receive the car? I would be fine with locking in a rate w/ DCU before the FED raises rates and starting payments immediately, even if I am not going to get my car until the summer.
No you cannot. Lenders need the VIN/other information before they can fund the loan. Additionally, you'd be paying interest for something you don't have. You're better off saving the money you'd spend on payments and then put down a larger down payment.

Well congrats to someone in the Mt Kisco crew. I was assigned a VIN today, but of course after 3 months it landed on the 1 week I'm out of town :'(
That really sucks, the whole Tesla take it when we tell you mantra is pretty garbage. If only I ordered mine a month earlier, your VIN could have become mine lol! Hopefully you get a new VIN / delivery date soon, I have seen people get a new VIN and DD that is 2 weeks after their original, all the way to over a month. I can't imagine a scenario where I get my car before you though, so you ain't helping me.

I wasn't able to select a delivery date until my trade-in had processed and I was approved for financing. Then the MVPA updates.

The initial date and time I had selected was canceled by Tesla because not only was the truck carrying my vehicle has stuck at the border due to the blockade in Coutts, AB, but the driver of the truck was unvaccinated (really?).

My SA twice changed the delivery date range available to me to accommodate the delays.

I was told to get insurance the day before my scheduled pickup. In Alberta the vehicle needs to have a valid policy to be driven - there's no grace period.
thanks, I dont have a trade in. Already have a valid financial agreement with Tesla from 1 month ago. Right now just waiting for the delivery date selection option to open.

Started the process with Carolina FCU and just got the "welcome" email. Looks like in about 5 business days I will be getting a packet in the snail mail with the next steps.

So if anyone is thinking about going with them, allow yourself around 5-7 business days leeway before you can even start the process.

Here is what is in the email:

"Welcome! You are just a few steps away from obtaining account membership with Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union. You will be receiving a packet in the mail that contains important documents that will need to be reviewed, completed, and returned. Instructions are included to help guide you through the paperwork. Your initial account opening is unavailable electronically, so please watch your USPS mail delivery for your packet.

If you are applying for a loan, it takes an average of 5 business days once your savings account is open with its deposit. With Carolina Cooperative FCU, you must have at least a savings account to be able to apply for any of our loan products. A copy of your valid driver’s license(required for auto loan applicants) or valid state issued ID is required for your account opening and must have the correct address where you currently live, or we must have address verification. Our lending options do not stop at auto loans. We also offer personal loans, Visa credit cards with exceptional rates, secured loans, and recreational vehicle loans!

We have some limitations regarding our lending platform. Due to tightened restrictions for out of state lenders in the state of New Jersey, we are unable to finance any type of auto loan and apologize for any inconvenience. If you are looking to refinance your current auto loan or are at your end of lease buy out time period, please note that we are only able to refinance auto loans for those who reside in North Carolina or its connecting states, and private vehicle sales are only obtainable within the state of North Carolina.

Once you have completed the documents in your account opening packet, if you wish to expedite the process, you may do so at your expense with the express courier of your choice.

We look forward to having you as one of our members."

This is after having to sign up for a year of the North Carolina Consumers Council for $20 to get a member number.

so far *knock on wood* the process hasn't been that painful. a bit confusing at times, but not painful.

I think that legally there is a difference between showing a picture and actually stating in words that the matrix headlights are standard equipment. Plus I'm sure the purchasing the agreement is worded in such a way that it allows Tesla to change things, like with the Intel to Ryzen chip change, tire change, or removing the mobile charger as part of the purchase.
I'm sure there's all the fine print etc etc, but they must be aware of what people expect. I wish Tesla was just more honest with these things, like send me an email that says look we're out of matrix headlights, sorry, we can either get you the car with older headlights and refund you the difference or you can wait a bit longer.

I called Tesla sales to get more info about my delivery date changes, and about the whole Mobile Connector and Matrix headlight issues.

Basically, the scheduling system "jumped the gun", and gave me the early date prematurely. There was a cancelation that it thought it could match me to, but someone else in line was assigned the car before me. That's a terrible system...it shouldn't tease us with the possibility of getting an early delivery, it should only give us an early delivery window if/when a canceled car is actually assigned to us.

As for the Mobile Connector, it looks like my order was placed just before they stopped offering it with new cars, so as long as I take delivery before the end of August, the car should still come with the Mobile Connector included. If delivery happens after August, then they'll refund me the cost of the Mobile Connector.

Finally, the Matrix headlights...they pretty much admitted "anything goes". There's no telling this far in advance whether my car will have the new headlights or not. I know this is a very personal decision/issue for each person individually, and in my case I won't turn down delivery based on the headlights. I've waited years just to be able to place an order for a Tesla, and I don't want to delay it even further based on LED headlights vs "traditional" headlights, even if the LED lights are really cool (which they are...). Besides, this first Tesla for me is a lease, so I'll have to return it when the contract is up anyway, and I plan to actually buy the next one for real...so even if this first one doesn't have the awesome Matrix headlights, the next one is more likely to have them, and I can be more picky then. :)

PS: I also asked about if there was an SA assigned to my order, and got their contact info. So at least now I have an SA to reach out to next time I have a question/concern, lol

I saw a woman taking delivery of her M3P today that did NOT have matrix headlights. There were several other Model 3s there that DID have matrix headlights. There is no rhyme or reason as to who gets them. It’s parts availability during the narrow window of time in which your particular car was being assembled (from what I can tell). Same thing goes with the charging ports. Mine was assembled when there was a shortage of them so my car is sitting at the dealership just waiting for the charging port.

Has your SA said when they expect your charge port to arrive? Mine didn't have an ETA but didn't expect it to take several weeks. Also when it does arrive she said it's only about a 30 minute job to install it.

New joiner to the Forum and have enjoyed reading this thread. Similar to others, I have had 3 EDD changes--upon placing order, it was mid-August to late-September. Then last week it was September to December. o_O And when I checked this week, it is mid-June to mid-July! 😁

I hope that this date does not get pushed out.
Now this week's EDD is mid-July to early-September.

In any case, I've been researching about setting up L2 charging options. I'm trying to tease out which approach is ideal:

1. NEMA receptacle paired with appropriate adapter and UMC
2. Tesla wall charger
3. Third-party wall charger

Since there might be a future non-Tesla EV, I'm debating between option 1 & 3.

Reactions: jpaychek
I'm sure there's all the fine print etc etc, but they must be aware of what people expect. I wish Tesla was just more honest with these things, like send me an email that says look we're out of matrix headlights, sorry, we can either get you the car with older headlights and refund you the difference or you can wait a bit longer.
This is the way Tesla does things. They don’t have “Model Years” Where a cars configuration is locked down for at least a year. They change, add, update, delete chips, options, etc. This is pretty much known and appreciated for the most part. People order these cars months(sometimes years) ahead of time and you get what you get. If you get new stuff you are considered lucky, if not you can always reject the car and wait longer. But that’s how it goes, for better or worse.

Just noticed Affinity Federal Credit Union's loan rates (I use them for other purposes)

New AutoUp to 36 Months1.89%
Up to 48 Months2.04%
Up to 60 Months2.26%

On top of that, you qualify for .25 discount if you setup auto-pay. Rate locks are good for 45 days. It looks to be a little cheaper than DCU if you are looking for a lower than 60 month term.
I feel like running above capacity is a bad thing, no?

That means they’re pushing workers harder to work faster and longer hours. More potential for mistakes and more lax on quality control…

Depends. That’s awfully reductive. Increasing capacity could be increasing longer hours or additional staffing/resources. We really don’t know to make any reasonable assumptions.

I work longer than 8 hour days all the time. 10 hours, I’m fine. 12+ hours, ya maybe more prone to mistakes, maybe not.

I originally ordered my car as a lease. Thinking about switching to finance thru my Credit Union. They currently have 2.39% with a .25% deduction via AutoPay (for 72 month financing). For those who have switched payment methods, was it a big deal? Did your EDD change?

And for those who picked up their car while financing thru someone other than Tesla, how easy was the process?

Thanks!

Reactions: TSLone