Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- I was asked to sign the delivery papers and buy insurance before even seeing the car. I tried to ask if I can checkout the car first but they said it’s their “process”.
That's pretty harsh. I hope the fit and finish were up to par.
Try the charging pad. I have a iPhone 12 mini which is quite a bit smaller from most phones nowadays. The left charging pad doesn’t work on my mini but the right one works. With an iPhone 11, both works. Maybe I’ll schedule a service time to get it checked out.
You may have lucked out that one of the pads worked with your mini. From what I've read, the coil is positioned for full sized phones. I guess you'd have to stick something at the bottom of the pad to prop up the mini.

I scheduled my pickup for May 23. If that delivery date holds true (the SA didn't even sound sure herself) that will be 100 days between OD and delivery. 250xxx VIN.
Crazy to think that people around my OD will be lucky to only wait 100 days for a car as well, I bet most of late march won't be taking delivery until August if the same pattern of very little deliveries the first month of the quarter continues. The demand ramp up the last few months has been certifiably insane!

Reactions: wblwrites
it depends how far you are from Fremont factory (amongst a few other things).
The VIN is assigned the day the vehicle is built.
So folks in east coast will have delivery dates out in future compared to folks who can spy on the fremont factory from their backyards.
I think its completely opposite. I live only a few hours from the factory and I have not had one change in my EDD since my OD and when I called the Tesla number the other day they said mine is showing a middle of June delivery. I think the east coast is getting the cars much earlier than us on the west coast. I personally think they are holding off the California deliveries so they can slam out a large chunk of cars and end Q2 on a high note.

Crazy to think that people around my OD will be lucky to only wait 100 days for a car as well, I bet most of late march won't be taking delivery until August if the same pattern of very little deliveries the first month of the quarter continues. The demand ramp up the last few months has been certifiably insane!
That's what I'm anticipating too. Currently show June 14-July 19, but I expect it would get bumped to August if I don't get it in June.

Reactions: dgoodlan
Took delivery yesterday!!

Some miscellaneous information:
- For Canadian orders, Vin only shows up after you’ve scheduled delivery date. However, it is available in the source code prior.
-the ever-changing EDD meant absolutely nothing. However, despite the edd mess, the final delivery did come between the original edd of apr 27 and may 25 when I ordered.
- I was asked to sign the delivery papers and buy insurance before even seeing the car. I tried to ask if I can checkout the car first but they said it’s their “process”.
- The delivery person helped me install the front and back plate then gave me the keycard and left.
- The car will show a “calibration in progress” for the first 20km or so but it doesn’t affect driving.
- Premium connectivity wasn’t available right away. I kept getting an “error loading subscriptions” message in the app but it was resolved after about 6 hours of having the car when I received a “welcome to the Tesla family email”. Maybe check on that with your SA right at delivery as it’s likely a button they might have to click?
- Try the charging pad. I have a iPhone 12 mini which is quite a bit smaller from most phones nowadays. The left charging pad doesn’t work on my mini but the right one works. With an iPhone 11, both works. Maybe I’ll schedule a service time to get it checked out.
- Plan for how you are gonna charge. I didn’t think it through and ended up having to back into my garage on a ramp which is very scary. I use the 110v wall plug and i get about 6km/hr. Enough for my use case for now but I might consider adding the 240v if I ever need more.

As for the driving experience,
- was driving a z4 before and speed/handling wise the model 3 is on par. I’d say considering the model 3 is longer and wider it is pretty impressive.
- My dad told me to mostly control the speed with gas instead of brake since day 1 of driving so the one pedal driving with the Tesla is a seamless transition.
- the seat is not very comfortable compared to traditional cars in this price range. My back was hurting after 80km so maybe need to break in the seats/find better adjustments.
- HUGE huge huge relief that I no longer have to worry about the skyrocketing GAS PRICE in Vancouver. I no longer have to think about how a 60km roundtrip drive to the movie is gonna cost me 15$ in gas money…
Surely the M3 LR is noticeably faster than a BMW z4?

Took delivery yesterday!!

Some miscellaneous information:
- For Canadian orders, Vin only shows up after you’ve scheduled delivery date. However, it is available in the source code prior.
-the ever-changing EDD meant absolutely nothing. However, despite the edd mess, the final delivery did come between the original edd of apr 27 and may 25 when I ordered.
- The delivery person helped me install the front and back plate then gave me the keycard and left.
- The car will show a “calibration in progress” for the first 20km or so but it doesn’t affect driving.
- Premium connectivity wasn’t available right away. I kept getting an “error loading subscriptions” message in the app but it was resolved after about 6 hours of having the car when I received a “welcome to the Tesla family email”. Maybe check on that with your SA right at delivery as it’s likely a button they might have to click?
- Try the charging pad. I have a iPhone 12 mini which is quite a bit smaller from most phones nowadays. The left charging pad doesn’t work on my mini but the right one works. With an iPhone 11, both works. Maybe I’ll schedule a service time to get it checked out.
- Plan for how you are gonna charge. I didn’t think it through and ended up having to back into my garage on a ramp which is very scary. I use the 110v wall plug and i get about 6km/hr. Enough for my use case for now but I might consider adding the 240v if I ever need more.

As for the driving experience,
- was driving a z4 before and speed/handling wise the model 3 is on par. I’d say considering the model 3 is longer and wider it is pretty impressive.
- My dad told me to mostly control the speed with gas instead of brake since day 1 of driving so the one pedal driving with the Tesla is a seamless transition.
- the seat is not very comfortable compared to traditional cars in this price range. My back was hurting after 80km so maybe need to break in the seats/find better adjustments.
- HUGE huge huge relief that I no longer have to worry about the skyrocketing GAS PRICE in Vancouver. I no longer have to think about how a 60km roundtrip drive to the movie is gonna cost me 15$ in gas money…
Congratulations on your new car! Agreed on the gas prices… 227.9 today just regular gas omg my wallet is dying.

I think the east coast is getting the cars much earlier than us on the west coast.
They do seem to run them in batches, which only makes sense given the need to send most of the vehicles by rail. The order was reversed last quarter; the west coast got their cars first, then the east coast got theirs. I wouldn't have a clue as to what determines the order. Maybe the rail contracts for the east coast were quickly lined up this quarter.

Reactions: jpaychek and M3Kat
They do seem to run them in batches, which only makes sense given the need to send most of the vehicles by rail. The order was reversed last quarter; the west coast got their cars first, then the east coast got theirs. I wouldn't have a clue as to what determines the order. Maybe the rail contracts for the east coast were quickly lined up this quarter.
I still don't believe this whole they don't ship cars in the first month of a quarter Nonsense. Seems like an old rumor that has now become fact for some reason

Just wanted to give an update, that I took delivery yesterday. My car did indeed have the Matrix headlights (those things are so cool!), and my wife & I enjoyed playing with a bunch of the features last night, and today. Already ran a few errands, like grocery shopping, etc.

I want to thank everyone for being so friendly, and helpfully answering my newbie questions. I feel like we have a great community here! My wife & I now wave to passing Teslas as we're driving around, and it's great to see fellow Tesla owners smile and wave back. :D

Now that I've received my order, is there a proper etiquette to what I should change my signature to? I intend to continue participating in this forum for years to come. Thanks again! :)