Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t believe we’ll be driving home our Tesla in 24 hours or less! Sorry, not bragging or anything but my wife and kids are tired of hearing about my
I can’t believe we’ll be driving home our Tesla in 24 hours or less! Sorry, not bragging or anything but my wife and kids are tired of hearing about my excitement.
New here - love all the info!

OD - 3/23 Blue 18 wheels no fsd

showing EDD of June 5- July 3rd

no vin yet - looking close!
For end of March order, you are looking at Q3 delivery which is July-Sept. And typically the first month of the quarter is them planning and getting inventories sorted and the cars dont start getting delivered for until end July -mid August.
So that is a realistic timeline you should mentally prepare for. But ofcourse things change and you might get your vehicle much earlier.
You’re right, I can’t believe I was actually thinking I might be getting my car in June😭😂 I guess I have to have the mindset I won’t be getting in until July- Aug😭 I really really hope they don’t push it back until September, that’ll be a nightmare.

Well the bad news is that we declined delivery on our Model 3 Long Range.

There was a severe paint defect that ran from the passenger side rear quarter panel all the way to the front quarter panel. Unfortunately, this was under the clear coat and painfully obvious. The advisors told us we could have it painted at the body shop if we wanted. We obviously declined as there was no way we were going to have a car that had to have a third of it repainted. The folks at Tesla were very nice and now we are back in the queue of late July end of August for delivery.

Our vin was 227654 and had a build date of 4/7/22.

Now we wait again....I will say this, the Tesla folks were very apologetic and I truly believe they are good people who care.
That’s a bummer! Hope they find you another VIN soon. Based on the build date it seems like at least one other person had already seen and rejected the car before you. Wonder if Tesla is just going to keep trying until someone accepts it !?

There was a severe paint defect that ran from the passenger side rear quarter panel all the way to the front quarter panel. Unfortunately, this was under the clear coat and painfully obvious. The advisors told us we could have it painted at the body shop if we wanted. We obviously declined as there was no way we were going to have a car that had to have a third of it repainted. The folks at Tesla were very nice and now we are back in the queue of late July end of August for delivery.

Now we wait again....I will say this, the Tesla folks were very apologetic and I truly believe they are good people who care.
Tesla should be taking that car out of circulation and sending it themselves to the body shop, before assigning a car that has already been obviously rejected multiple times - or at least being up front with someone who gets it assigned to them that it has the obvious defect. Sounds like they are hoping someone will just be either so excited, not notice, or not have a choice if they sold their prior car or something. People poke fun at us people showing up with our checklists on delivery day, but this is precicely why. If i am paying over $50 grand on a car, there should be at least a few QC checks before it gets to me . . .

OMG this is not the post I needed to read on my Tesla Eve.

With that vin and build date, it kinda makes me think you weren’t the first person to decline it
But yes, I agree with this.

You’re right, I can’t believe I was actually thinking I might be getting my car in June😭😂 I guess I have to have the mindset I won’t be getting in until July- Aug😭 I really really hope they don’t push it back until September, that’ll be a nightmare.
Gonna say this. Dont think too much about EDD. Go about your regular day, and just visit this forum once a week or so to catch up on the latest news.

I have been scouring the reddit and online forums since late March (my OD was 02/19). I spent countless hours looking over things, doing calculations, making projections and what not. I took the delivery over the weekend, and now I have this empty feeling inside me as I dont have anything to look forward to, and need to go back to facing my daily routine and issues. Trust me, its not worth it. Most folks who have gotten the delivery have either left this thread, or are just hanging around trying to fill the void like me (no offense to anyone).

Sorry that happened :(

If they try to push that VIN on me this week I’m going to call about it before I make the trip out there.

Does anyone have any experience with changing from one free color to the other? I think I want to change from White to MSM, but not if it will push my EDD significantly back, or if I have to pay the updated pricing on the car.
I went and spoke with a SA yesterday about doing the same, but changing colors to MSM to White. He was telling me that a color change would most likely push my EDD back, so i ended up sticking with my original color. I'm note sure if I can bear another long delay haha.

Does anyone know how relevant is pre-delivery Teslatalk in terms of the actual delivery date? I have 5 day delivery window at May 15-19 which has been slipping a day since Apr 30. Vehicle is already at delivery location since 2 weeks and my SA told me it should be delivered by this weekend. This pre-delivery emails with 25th date has made it confusing for me now about my delivery date. Any thoughts?

I am actually waiting at the begining of june for my delivery and am considering to swap my stock 19” sport wheels for the 18” stock aero wheels. I am in Washington DC and open to offers. Could say accept swapping the wheels and accepting $1000 for the difference in price hence saving someone $500.
Let me know

Yea and it’s strange that there is no mention of this in the media. When I search all I get is articles from when they were shipping without usb ports. I can’t find anything about this online.
Took delivery this morning at 9am. Matrix headlights, Ryzen, Mobile Connector. Panel gaps were excellent. Paint (White) was excellent. Leather (White) was clean and perfect. I printed out an extensive delivery checklist. I TRIED to find something…anything wrong. Nada. Zippo. The car was perfect. The experience was so good that I was shocked, frankly. I am beyond happy with the fit and finish and every USB port, every seat adjustment switch, all door handles, you name it, they were close to perfect. Because I had a long list of things to test out, it did take awhile for delivery. My SA let me in the car before I had to accept delivery in the app. Swapping out the 18” Aeros for 19” satin black sport wheels.

So…anyone that wants a brand new set of FOUR (4) of the 2022 Model 3 18” Aero wheels/tires/tpms let me know!!
Hi there, i am waiting on delivery at the beginning of June and willing to exchange my 19” sport wheels on my M3 for the stock aero wheels. Located in VA

Reactions: StealthP3D
Where's the off site lot, can you just get in? I asked the SA and was told I couldn't go looking for my car. My build is exactly like yours OD 1/4, VIN 2411xx and it's also waiting for the charge port.
Somebody I know found it by accident and it is open but I know they have sentry mode on in the cars because the headlights are blinking so I didn’t get too close and I honestly spent about a minute in a lot. Just enough to find my car

End of the day. No VIN in app or source code. Tomorrow is the first day of my two week EDD. Either a miracle is going to happen, or I'll get another EDD. Anyone else about to go into their EDD tomorrow?
I'm wishing you better luck with your EDD than me! My last five EDD updates have all come on the second day of the "current" delivery window, and I'm expecting that to happen again this week.