Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m only 2 weeks away from the front end of my delivery date range… anybody who knows historical data better can give me an estimate on when I can expect actual delivery?
There is someone on here that you can pay via Venmo or maybe with some Doge to make that prediction. He hasn’t been very accurate but eventually after a few tries, the prediction comes true. 🤭

Before you roast me, yes i realize that I am responding to myself ;-) I am doing it just to keep the reference there for those that are tracking people as they work through the process . . . ;-)

This am woke up to my 3 day delivery window being bumped by the dreaded one day bump. At first i was worried I had entered the ‘charge port missing’ hell, but figured i would give it a couple of days. Then an hour later, i got THE TEXT - -‘Congrats, its your turn to schedule delivery!” Jumped onto the app, and had only two days as options, either Monday or Tuesday. A little rough, as i have to drive in from out of town, deal with PDX traffic, and take some time off work, but is what it is. So scheduled for 2pm Tuesday. Reviewed the rest of the app, and everything else was saying it was complete.

Much to my surprise, about an hour later, got a call from an unknown PDX number. Normally dont answer unknown numbers, but decided to take the risk. Turned out, it was the PDX Tesla dealership, and the guy was letting me know that the car had completed inspection, was ready for pickup. He then confirmed that I had completed all my tasks on the app, and then asked if I wanted to pick it up sooner???? Ummm whatt?? I asked if they were open on the weekends and he said of course, and scheduled me for TOMORROW at noon!!! WhoAH!

I went from the long wait/slog, to BAM car coming tomorrow. Still have to make it through my inspection, which I am doing PRIOR to finalizing the loan, but he said that was fine, I just needed to bring my ”Dealer Funding Request” form for the loan (Which i have all ready to go through USAA military bank), and he confirmed they work with USAA all the time and should be very simple process once i had checked out the car.

So will update you tomorrow- heres to hoping that the inspection goes smoothly and car/process will be complete with a new Tesla! We actually are in the position where although we are very excited to get the car, we can stand to wait If needed if there is a major problem, so trying to balance being crazy excited with realistic expectations as to the potential for issues, since we are picking up a slightly older vin/older build date car. Anyways woot!
Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is we got our Tesla!! If you have been following my earlier posts, we were assigned an older vin- 236,XXX with an older build date, and so were a little leary. We arrived at the dealership today with checklists and flashlights in hand ready to go over it with a fine tooth comb. We spent a good amount of time going over everything, and besides it being dirty, it looked good! All paint was good, panel gaps great, everything worked and passed our detailed inspection. Matrix headlights and Michelin tires. Our SA that helped us was SUPER- request Madi if you go to PDX, she was fantastic, super nice, allowed us as much time as we needed, helped us set up our phones once complete. Driving the car home was amazing- well the car drove ME home, as it calibrated very shortly and then autopilot the rest of the way! ;-)

I am 99.93523 percent sure this was a charge port missing car. At first I thought this because the car was dirty, and when i asked about it they said it had been sitting in a area with trees/pollen for a little while, along with many others waiting for parts, but wouldn’t say specifically charge port. Good news I thought, as i am ok with talking a car that was delayed for that reason. Drove home, washed the car, all good!

The bad news- in all our detailed inspection with multiple checklists, the ONE thing we didn’t do and no checklist said to do, was to stick your head up INSIDE the trunk. I was installing our floor mats, stuck my head inside, and looked up and saw THIS- NO LINER!!! ;-0 I was like WHAT?? Then it dawned on me, they must have to remove it to install the charge port pieces, and forgot to re-install??

In thinking about it, I dont think even if I had seen it that would have refused delivery- as it isn’t noticeable unless you stick your head in the trunk and look up. I will be setting up a service call to get it replaced/put back in, and who knows, maybe there is a tech at the PDX Tesla shop who is shaking his head right now trying to figure out why he has an extra trunk roof liner lying there . . .

#FocusingOnThePositives

PS- if you are in PDX and get assigned a M3 with a vin of 240,108, it does not have matrix headlights. You may not care, but if you do, heads up, as I walked the lot before I left and saw one without . . .

PPS- they had offered to take the car and have it washed, however it would have taken about another hour as they had to take it to a different location, and since we live on a farm with a 1/2 mile gravel driveway I decided not to worry about it. A touch annoying that it wasnt clean, but it shined right up when we got home and washed her. . .

D8E1BD4C-F8D9-4405-ABE7-D9A2D0F7CBF9.jpeg

554F341D-7B19-464B-BBA6-1DA7DE6749E4.jpeg

22C490A4-C415-4CAB-B5B2-AF014DC90B3D.jpeg

Last edited:
Suspense is killing me: what went wrong?

Lol. I bought a cheap pressure washer at Sam’s ($40 off right now) and got the rain X spotless car wash and tried to wash on a 90 degree day in the sun. It’s not spotless and dried before I could hand dry, so ended up streaky. I know it’s my error, but it’s just not me to sunbathe outside while washing a car in AZ’s 115 “dry” heat.

Reactions: M3Kat and jpaychek
I read through your posts and can’t imagine what is going on at Tesla concerning your car. You got a VIN so have you toured the lot to see if it’s actually there? I agree with your sentiments, how can others have their car and not you. This sounds like a major screwup at your SC. It’s great how ‘calm’ you are. I would be ballistic and in someone’s face at the SC. It’s a let down to me to see someone who’s not done anything to screw up the order (making changes or such) get put off this way. I’m apprehensive your experience may be my experience when I try to get my car 😩.
Hope the best for you happens soon.🤞
Thanks for the encouragement! If it weren't for this community I'd be at my wits end.

Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is we got our Tesla!! If you have been following my earlier posts, we were assigned an older vin- 236,XXX with an older build date, and so were a little leary. We arrived at the dealership today with checklists and flashlights in hand ready to go over it with a fine tooth comb. We spent a good amount of time going over everything, and besides it being dirty, it looked good! All paint was good, panel gaps great, everything worked and passed our detailed inspection. Matrix headlights and Michelin tires. Our SA that helped us was SUPER- request Madi if you go to PDX, she was fantastic, super nice, allowed us as much time as we needed, helped us set up our phones once complete. Driving the car home was amazing- well the car drove ME home, as it calibrated very shortly and then autopilot the rest of the way! ;-)

I am 99.93523 percent sure this was a charge port missing car. At first I thought this because the car was dirty, and when i asked about it they said it had been sitting in a area with trees/pollen for a little while, along with many others waiting for parts, but wouldn’t say specifically charge port. Good news I thought, as i am ok with talking a car that was delayed for that reason. Drove home, washed the car, all good!

The bad news- in all our detailed inspection with multiple checklists, the ONE thing we didn’t do and no checklist said to do, was to stick your head up INSIDE the trunk. I was installing our floor mats, stuck my head inside, and looked up and saw THIS- NO LINER!!! ;-0 I was like WHAT?? Then it dawned on me, they must have to remove it to install the charge port pieces, and forgot to re-install??

In thinking about it, I dont think even if I had seen it that would have refused delivery- as it isn’t noticeable unless you stick your head in the trunk and look up. I will be setting up a service call to get it replaced/put back in, and who knows, maybe there is a tech at the PDX Tesla shop who is shaking his head right now trying to figure out why he has an extra trunk roof liner lying there . . .

#FocusingOnThePositives

PS- if you are in PDX and get assigned a M3 with a vin of 240,108, it does not have matrix headlights. You may not care, but if you do, heads up, as I walked the lot before I left and saw one without . . .

PPS- they had offered to take the car and have it washed, however it would have taken about another hour as they had to take it to a different location, and since we live on a farm with a 1/2 mile gravel driveway I decided not to worry about it. A touch annoying that it wasnt clean, but it shined right up when we got home and washed her. . .

View attachment 807273
View attachment 807274
View attachment 807275
Congrats!! Car looks great! Hopefully this is a testament of charge port ECUs finally getting sent out to SC's. Now let's hope some make their way down here to Florida so we can get our cars!

I . . .

View attachment 807275
Pretty sure nothing is missing. Or at least that’s the same way I have seen on all M3s (including my own)

Reactions: Originalando

#FocusingOnThePositives

View attachment 807273
View attachment 807274
View attachment 807275
Mine is VIN 247XXX and it doesn’t have a liner either, and I don’t recall ever having a car with a trunk deck liner.