Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really?!
Mine is 257XXX and thought that I am getting the new headlights!!!
It seems like it’s a crapshoot at this point. I also have 257xxx and an SA I talked to when I called was very confident that my car has the matrix headlights….so honestly who knows anymore. We just won’t find out until we actually pick up the car.

had vin assigned 2 weeks ago and received text tonight to schedule delivery. Does this mean that vehicle has arrived at local lot and no inspection issues identified or can delivery be scheduled before either/both occur? Just wondering what the likelihood is of delivery being pushed out after finally hitting this milestone. OD of 12/5

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Good news -- I got a VIN yesterday and the car is scheduled to be picked up tomorrow. questions -
- Does the VIN 254XXX series have Matrix lights?
- Looking for financing options. Any recommendations on Tesla Finance vs other banks/Credit unions?

Thanks in advance!
Recommend Affinity Federal credit union. I got a 1.89 for 36 mo, but their longer term rates are good too. Very good service is what sealed the deal for me.

Just ordered it last week OD 05/14, and the estimate is Sep 4 to Oct 30 (Solid Black Paint)... Long wait to go... Is there any chance the delivery might take place earlier than the estimates?
The first EDD is usually accurate. Wait times for deliveries right now are about 90 days. You seem to be looking at about 120 days, which I can believe.

The only times we see people suddenly getting a car before Their Appointed Time is when a car has been delivered to your location and the person who ordered the car is unable or unwilling to accept it. Tesla then goes down the list of people who ordered the same configuration at your location and they offer it to whoever was next in line (in theory). If they run out of such orders, they'll contact people in line who have a similar configuration and see if they're interested.

Here to report that today is graduation day! It was a home delivery, was delivered right at the start of the window. By the time I got out there, whoever dropped it off was already gone. Everything is flawless.
Matrix headlights, Michelin tires, heated wipers, Ryzen processor. Charger included lol. Was delivered with 50% battery which was a little bit of a let down, but honestly couldn’t care less. Good luck to everyone else in here (especially @T-J- ) Echoing everyone else this is well worth the wait and is BEYOND fun.
Fwiw I definitely believe no movement is better than crazy movement. I barely had any and it lined up perfectly.
You didn't have to sign anything? They just dropped it off and left????

My home delivery is scheduled for this Wednesday and I thought I have to be home!

Reactions: TSLone
I think I may be setting a record (at least a personal record) for longest stable EDD: May 28 - June 25 for almost a full month now.

Is this a good sign or bad?

Reasons it’s good: Lack of fluctuation means they have it narrowed down to one last part and when they get it they’re good to go.

Reasons it’s bad: Lack of fluctuation means they forgot about me and when they realize my EDD is this Saturday they’ll go “oh crap, forgot to bump this guy to August—there, fixed!”

Anyone want to place a bet on which is correct?
Nah. I’ve got that beat, and I’m sure there are others. My EDD hasn’t changed in 40 days. I still expect some kind of disappointing change before I get my two-week window. Nonetheless, it’s been interesting to see how closely most folks’ updated EDDs track with my current EDD range (relative to their original OD). Fairly encouraging, overall!

The anticipation waiting to see if a VIN is going to be assigned is driving me crazy lol

I see many orders from the beginning of March being assigned VINs the last few days.

From what I’ve seen, VIN assignments are during random times of the day. Not the standard times we see EDD updates. Not 100% sure but that’s my observation.

This wait is excruciating! :)
You're almost there and then it goes super quickly. When you least expect it a text came through for me this past Saturday after 6pm followed by a 3 day EDD and next day schedule an appointment on one of those 3 days. Today has been getting all the final tasks completed. Enjoy the moment.

The first EDD is usually accurate. Wait times for deliveries right now are about 90 days. You seem to be looking at about 120 days, which I can believe.

The only times we see people suddenly getting a car before Their Appointed Time is when a car has been delivered to your location and the person who ordered the car is unable or unwilling to accept it. Tesla then goes down the list of people who ordered the same configuration at your location and they offer it to whoever was next in line (in theory). If they run out of such orders, they'll contact people in line who have a similar configuration and see if they're interested.
I’ve been thinking for some time of why I’m at a four week window with an OD still not a month old. Either way, I won’t expect my current EDD to stay long since Feb-Mar orders are still being fulfilled. So I’m pretending my EDD is still Oct-Dec and have time to buy the wall charger.

I see, that makes sense. Will the delivery be speed up if I add FSD? If so, do you know by how much earlier? I am actually considering to try out FSD but still little bit hesitant. If it can speed up the delivery by great amount, I might just add it.

I ordered Model 3 LR last week along with Wall+Mobile connectors, and paid $850 in total (250 deposit and 600 for the connectors). However, I am not able to see either of the connectors added to my account, the order history shows empty. Is this expected? Will those connectors be delivered separately or they will come along with my car on delivery day?

Reactions: TSLone