Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is day 80 and I got my VIN with an updated EDD of 5/23-5/27. I switched my payment over to financing and applied for Tesla financing and was approved for 3.24%.

I see most of you guys getting great rates at credit unions, but I will admit I am too lazy to go that route and like the convenience of doing everything thru Tesla. 3.24% is the rate that Tesla advertises their loans at, but does that mean that I won't be able to get a rate that's lower than 3.24%? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should reach out to Tesla to see if they can secure a better rate. I appreciate everyone's feedback!

OD: 3/4
M3LR, MSM, aero, black interior, no FSD.
VIN: 251xxx
Matrix Headlights?: advisor stated "According to what I can see it should have the new headlight design"
I understand that it is easier to go with Tesla for your loan, but is it really worth it to "lose" hundreds or even thousands of dollars over a few years just to save a couple of hours applying at credit union?

Tonight got an amazing and yet depressing text.
After receiving my Vin 2 weeks ago I finally got the:
"Your model 3 is ready to schedule delivery"

Go on to schedule delivery and it's not for almost 2 weeks, June 4th. Got so excited and then so let down.

Almost 4 weeks from VIN to delivery, still excited regardless!
Your situation is almost exactly like mine. I got vin about a couple weeks ago, and I just got the text to schedule delivery today. The option was also only for June 3 to 5, and I picked June 4th.

I understand that it is easier to go with Tesla for your loan, but is it really worth it to "lose" hundreds or even thousands of dollars over a few years just to save a couple of hours applying at credit union?
For me absolutely. Going thru tesla no paperwork no hassle guaranteed ready when I go to get my car and I don't need to open up another bank account. Tesla is only about 1-1.5% of off what I could (maybe) get if I shopped around which is fine by me

Reactions: Ubersl
does it cost extra to deliver at your home? If so, how much?
Nope. When I placed the order, it said home delivery was not available. So I had to pick up at the closest Tesla dealership. When I got my VIN, and was finalizing delivery, it showed that it would be delivered to my house. I contacted Tesla and they confirmed it would be a home delivery.

Last edited:
had vin assigned 2 weeks ago and received text tonight to schedule delivery. Does this mean that vehicle has arrived at local lot and no inspection issues identified or can delivery be scheduled before either/both occur? Just wondering what the likelihood is of delivery being pushed out after finally hitting this milestone. OD of 12/5
I think it means it's being delivered on the transport. Look at what days are available to schedule your pickup appointment. The closer the date, the closer it is to the local lot.
That's assuming Tesla isn't gonna pull a fast one on you and reschedule your delivery due to parts or transport delays.
for anyone doing a trade in to tesla, how long did it take to get your offer back? SA said 24-72 hours, but that seems long to me.
My experience was similar.

Basic carpet ones. Most people order all weather since they generally provide more coverage for protection.

They're just carpet mats. They aren't weather proof.

Ah do they look like in this picture?

s-l1600.jpg

echoing what others are saying, but it does depend on many factors, but mostly location and how far you want to run the wiring. Generally speaking the outlet box is cheap and the wire ranges from $3-6 per foot. And then you have to pay for the labor to install and how difficult it is.

I live in Mississippi, which will be much cheaper than California. There are no required permits here. That said....I paid $240 to install it about 4' from my breaker in the garage.
I’m in CA. Had NEMA 1450 outlet installed. It was $250. Wasn’t a long run, like 4 feet from my panel. The electrician also hung my ChargePoint Flex on the wall. I think some electricians are just gouging at this point.