Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery day today! Everything went very smoothly and the car seems like it is in perfect condition. 251XXX VIN includes Michelin tires, Global/Matrix headlights, mobile charger kit, AMD Ryzen chip, and 15v lithium battery. The car is an absolute blast to drive- the wait was worth it!

Attachments

• IMG_0091.jpeg
    IMG_0091.jpeg
    867.2 KB · Views: 108
I want to be surprised. :) But seriously, I really don’t understand all the hubbub. They look very similar to me and both light the way. But I can understand the need for the latest tech in your new gadget. I upgrade my phone every two years just for that reason.
I honestly didn’t care what headlights I got…. Then curiosity got the best of me due to this thread and the headlights thread. Damn this message board lol. TERRIBLE INFLUENCE 😆

Reached out to my SA today to ask about insurance verification. He said not to upload my current car's insurance and to wait until it gets closer to my delivery date to upload my insurance with Tesla VIN. Do I need to complete this insurance verification step before being assigned the other tasks on my profile like scheduling a delivery date and payment?

I want to be surprised. :) But seriously, I really don’t understand all the hubbub. They look very similar to me and both light the way. But I can understand the need for the latest tech in your new gadget. I upgrade my phone every two years just for that reason.
At the beginning I was the same as you, I was sold after the light show, lol plus it help let you see better, check this out, start at 10 min

At the beginning I was the same as you, I was sold after the light show, lol plus it help let you see better, check this out, start at 10 min
I also want to add that the matrix light focus the beam a lot more precisely, which add better safety for us and maybe have new features in future software updates.

Reached out to my SA today to ask about insurance verification. He said not to upload my current car's insurance and to wait until it gets closer to my delivery date to upload my insurance with Tesla VIN. Do I need to complete this insurance verification step before being assigned the other tasks on my profile like scheduling a delivery date and payment?
You do not need the insurance task until you get a VIN. I just finished all of the tasks after VIN was assigned. It was very smooth and if you already have your active insurance then contact your insurance agent to add or edit, that will be a better way.

Last edited:
No. I was able to schedule delivery a day after I got my VIN.
This was before I had asked to switch from cash to financing and no to yes for trade-in.
Not sure about laws in NJ, but in Alberta all vehicles need valid insurance, there's no such thing as a grace period where you can drive off the lot using your old insurance.
My SA just asked me to upload the new policy the day before delivery - this was after my SA reached out me to confirm that my car was in the lot and passed inspection and was just waiting for me.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394 and TSLone
Just wanted to add some data points here, been lurking for awhile figured I'd add what I have to help others.

M3LR | MSM | Black interior | aero | No FSD | SLC, Utah (OD March 7th)

For pretty much the moment when I ordered and submitted my info I had an EDD of May 15th - June 12th. This didn't change for two months, until May 13th, when it changed to May 20th through June 3rd (two week window). On May 21, it changed to May 25th through June 4th (week and a half window) with no VIN. Got my VIN a day later on May 22nd (258xxx). I got a text to schedule a delivery yesterday (the 23rd) and I scheduled a delivery for the first available window, which is this Saturday. Got my insurance through Progressive, and my financing is through my own credit union, and all seems in order for me to pick up this Saturday.

I sent a text to Tesla asking about when the car was made, and they came back with an exact time, even down to the second. Apparently it was a little after 2am on Sunday morning. So my car was built this past Sunday morning, and the VIN was assigned later that afternoon. I thought that was interesting, they are probably working 24 hours a day at the factory to crank these cars out. I also asked about the chip, headlights, wipers, etc. They responded with "these are good questions, you'll be able to get that info at delivery". They were probably busy and didn't want to look all that up which is nota big deal, as I was just curious. I honestly didn't even know about the matrix headlights until a few weeks ago so it's not really a big deal to me. As long as the car is in new condition I don't foresee a problem with delivery.

I found it interesting I haven't seen many other people with 258xxx VINs yet so I am not sure how to compare. I'll do a follow up post after delivery to let everyone knows how it goes.

Nope. When I placed the order, it said home delivery was not available. So I had to pick up at the closest Tesla dealership. When I got my VIN, and was finalizing delivery, it showed that it would be delivered to my house. I contacted Tesla and they confirmed it would be a home delivery.
Hypothetically what happens if you have to decline it due to problems?

FYI on head lamps:
I finished my tasks for tomorrow and sent a text to ask about the headlights and they respond with this " "Thanks for your message! As we have received a higher volume of questions about headlamps lately, insert me: [Yup, you can thank TMC Community for that knowledge] it seems like you may be curious if your vehicle has the Global head lamps[ also known as Matrix head lamps], which allow Tesla to meet regional regulations with this head lamp in certain areas. For your visibility, please know, it looks like your vehicle has the Premium head lamps as opposed to Global head lamps [Matrix head lamps]. See ya soon! [They always have nice pleasantries]
My response: Oh no!
BTW it doesn't matter what VIN you have, it's here and there although maybe Canada and other foreign countries will probably definitely get them vs. US hit and miss. I'm VIN #260XXX

I get it, it’s neat, but just like Sgt. Murtaugh, I must be getting too old for this S#!t.
I am too lol. I get it though, its like seeing everyone else get an iPhone 13 pro max, and you get the iPhone 12 pro max because "that's all they have". Technically yes its a new iPhone, but knowing there is newer out there sits in the back of your mind for the lifetime of owning that product.

I am in the same boat as everyone else and should be getting my VIN within the next few days or weeks and am scared I am not going to get them. Why? FOMO for the future, others have them all current production cars should have them going forward, or at least a upgrade option later on.

Will I turn the car down after waiting almost three/four months, no.

Will I be disappointed I didn't get them and have no upgrade option to get them later - yes.

Kinda a crappy way to start a car ownership experience when shelling out $62K for a car and you don't get the newest tech toys all the other kids are getting. When said company is a tech company pushing out cool new tech toys/features.

I think that is people's complaint. I think it would sit better if we knew there is a future upgrade option for them if we wanted (either a free upgrade or paid).