Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a thought, do you think Tesla is giving priority to matrix lights with people with more options?

Like if you went all in LR - Red - White interior - 19's - FSD, do you think those cars would get them over a base model?

Ok I need to stop thinking about this for the night :)
Since they are global for international and US, my thoughts are where they are required first but then it could be a crap shoot and one of those type of scenarios of "hey guys look here's a whole pallet of head lamps, we don't have to stop production like the charge ports".

Hypothetically what happens if you have to decline it due to problems?

TL;DR
Someone will pick the vehicle up and it'll be like you rejected the vehicle at the delivery center, so you'll be in line for another VIN.

Just received the "Schedule your delivery" text.

Will be picking up my car next Friday 6/3. I text my SA to confirm which headlights but he is out of the office so I will have to wait until tomorrow. VIN 258XXX. I really hope it has the Matrix lights.
Please let us know on the headlights, I also have a 258xxx VIN with a delivery window of 6/6-6/10

Hey all who are close to getting your VIN and waiting further down the road, maybe its a good thing that you are still waiting [I'm trying to give you a positive spin on waiting]. Reason being is maybe, just maybe they will run out of the so called premium head lamps and you all get global aka matrix head lamps! Honestly, I'm disappointed about not getting matrix lights but not that bad as I'm in So Cal and gas just seems to creep into close to $7 depending on where you're driving to and I'm so done with the gas station, Costco included. Again, with all the powerful knowledge you all share here I would never have known half the stuff I do know now and nor would I even know about global vs premium head lamps and would still accept the car. So hang tight and I hope they run out of these old lamps because we should have the latest and greatest tech with the price we're paying and on top of all that waiting.

I honestly didn’t care what headlights I got…. Then curiosity got the best of me due to this thread and the headlights thread. Damn this message board lol. TERRIBLE INFLUENCE 😆
To be frank I wouldn’t care about what headlights I got either. I drive mainly in the daytime and rarely in the nighttime if it’s coming home from a family member’s home or early morning medical reasons.

Just a thought, do you think Tesla is giving priority to matrix lights with people with more options?

Like if you went all in LR - Red - White interior - 19's - FSD, do you think those cars would get them over a base model?

Ok I need to stop thinking about this for the night :)
Look at my sig. I have ‘Premium’ (reflector) headlights. Spending more does not give you the latest tech.

FYI on head lamps:
I finished my tasks for tomorrow and sent a text to ask about the headlights and they respond with this " "Thanks for your message! As we have received a higher volume of questions about headlamps lately, insert me: [Yup, you can thank TMC Community for that knowledge] it seems like you may be curious if your vehicle has the Global head lamps[ also known as Matrix head lamps], which allow Tesla to meet regional regulations with this head lamp in certain areas. For your visibility, please know, it looks like your vehicle has the Premium head lamps as opposed to Global head lamps [Matrix head lamps]. See ya soon! [They always have nice pleasantries]
My response: Oh no!
BTW it doesn't matter what VIN you have, it's here and there although maybe Canada and other foreign countries will probably definitely get them vs. US hit and miss. I'm VIN #260XXX
Canada definitely had/has its share of old headlights as I saw a bunch of them when I picked up mine a few weeks ago.

Luckily mine had the matrix headlights but I wouldn’t have rejected the car if it had the old ones. I do think the matrix lights look better on the cars, as they’re more blacked out vs the reflectiveness/chrome of the old ones. Suits the newer cars better especially with all the blacked out trim. For whatever that’s worth to people.

Ok 84 days but still…

EE0025A5-A411-4FBD-AAD5-A2631DCCC161.gif

Hey all who are close to getting your VIN and waiting further down the road, maybe its a good thing that you are still waiting [I'm trying to give you a positive spin on waiting]. Reason being is maybe, just maybe they will run out of the so called premium head lamps and you all get global aka matrix head lamps! Honestly, I'm disappointed about not getting matrix lights but not that bad as I'm in So Cal and gas just seems to creep into close to $7 depending on where you're driving to and I'm so done with the gas station, Costco included. Again, with all the powerful knowledge you all share here I would never have known half the stuff I do know now and nor would I even know about global vs premium head lamps and would still accept the car. So hang tight and I hope they run out of these old lamps because we should have the latest and greatest tech with the price we're paying and on top of all that waiting.
Honestly, I don't care about the lights. Yeah Matrix would be nice, but I'll take whatever. The sooner I get the car, the more I'm saving every day on gas prices, and we're only at $5.19 gallon here in Phoenix.

I got the OEM mats too. I usually prefer OEM stuff. Some of the best stuff with BMWs were OEM. Like when Msport start getting big. BTW, lay stuff on it before you get the car so it will stop from rolling.
Both MaxPider and Tux mats are MUCH nicer than the WeatherTech ones Tesla outsources. I think the OEM sunshades are great, OEM mudflaps could be a lot better, OEM Winter Wheel packages are pretty good (most are Pirelli Performance Winter tires), they motivated me to give up on Nokian and X-Ice for good.

• Helpful
Reactions: jpaychek
Both MaxPider and Tux mats are MUCH nicer than the WeatherTech ones Tesla outsources. I think the OEM sunshades are great, OEM mudflaps could be a lot better, OEM Winter Wheel packages are pretty good (most are Pirelli Performance Winter tires), they motivated me to give up on Nokian and X-Ice for good.
Not a fan of the texture on either. Makes them hard to clean IMO.

Reactions: E90alex
Public Service Announcement

Please get your order details into your forum signature. If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.

Hey all who are close to getting your VIN and waiting further down the road, maybe its a good thing that you are still waiting [I'm trying to give you a positive spin on waiting]. Reason being is maybe, just maybe they will run out of the so called premium head lamps and you all get global aka matrix head lamps!
The premium lights are used on the Model Y so they’ll always have them around.

Reactions: M3Kat