Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up Tesla M3 LR today. VIN 253094 - matrix, ryzen, and charger all there. Going to need tint very soon since it feels like fishbowl...

20220525_195326.jpg

Picked up Tesla M3 LR today. VIN 253094 - matrix, ryzen, and charger all there. Going to need tint very soon since it feels like fishbowl...

Congrats! If it's hot out there in Canada, that means I'd be burned alive here in SoCal lol. Maybe I need to build tinting into the cost of ownership. Are you planning to tint all windows?

Reactions: Soosh
VIN just dropped, 264XXX. Less than 72 hours from order revision to VIN. I'm in shock.
Late to the party but congrats man. You must be so proud of leaving RWD. I would’ve bet during the 72 hours you were at the same EDD before leaving. As stated before, more money, but think about reducing potentially 5 months of painful waiting.
Delivery day! Everything overall very, very solid.
Matrix headlights. Tint tomorrow, and then full detail the following day. Teslas definition of a detail is a bit weak lol. Well worth the wait!
View attachment 808821
I get pretty happy to see another person with the same build as mine post pics of the M3 MSM with the 19” Sport wheels. I swear it looks so nice. Maybe if the wheels had an option for color changing it would look better in black too. Congrats!!!

Picked up my M3 today! M3LR/ White/ Black/ Aero 18"/ non FSD
Mid-January order, built 4/29, VIN 246xxx first week of May, Delivery 5/25

Atlanta area- picked up in Decatur and everything was smooth. We worked with Jarnelle (?) We would have been out in 20 minutes, but I had questions and I also had a trade. Very little paperwork, and fairly simple. I was surprised there wasn't more guidance for someone who had never driven a Tesla! Nervous mess driving home in the rain and Atlanta traffic, and trying to figure everything out.

Obviously no Matrix headlights, Michelin tires... not sure what else I'm missing here. The car looked spotless. Really worth the wait, and it's sooo fast. My husband is glad he cancelled his Performance order, as he will just put the boost on this one if we decide to do so.

Our neighborhood is green and all houses were built with a 220 outlet, but now we have an adapter issue, and I really didn't plan ahead very well on that end.

Now she just needs a name.
tesla front.jpeg
tesla back.jpeg

So I have seen a few pics flowing here and a few on other sites.

The big thing we passed on was the paint things. What I have not heard things in this thread was the glass across the top.

Look at several threads on glass breaking.

This went from one side to the other.

The Glass met within a mm on the rear. The front glass was worse. It literally met at the top of the roof.

Attachments

• 20220514_105907.jpg
    20220514_105907.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Reactions: XAEA-12
Picked up my M3 today! M3LR/ White/ Black/ Aero 18"/ non FSD
Mid-January order, built 4/29, VIN 246xxx first week of May, Delivery 5/25

Atlanta area- picked up in Decatur and everything was smooth. We worked with Jarnelle (?) We would have been out in 20 minutes, but I had questions and I also had a trade. Very little paperwork, and fairly simple. I was surprised there wasn't more guidance for someone who had never driven a Tesla! Nervous mess driving home in the rain and Atlanta traffic, and trying to figure everything out.

Obviously no Matrix headlights, Michelin tires... not sure what else I'm missing here. The car looked spotless. Really worth the wait, and it's sooo fast. My husband is glad he cancelled his Performance order, as he will just put the boost on this one if we decide to do so.

Our neighborhood is green and all houses were built with a 220 outlet, but now we have an adapter issue, and I really didn't plan ahead very well on that end.

Now she just needs a name. View attachment 808851View attachment 808852
Congrats to you and your husband!! Out of curiosity, you mentioned you had a mid January order-were you at all delayed due to the charge port issue?

A successful delivery took place today! Premium/reflector LED headlights and Michelin Primacy A/S tires, for those interested.

I was slightly bummed at first about the headlight situation, but the reflector style headlights provided great light coverage on my nighttime test drive and overall it’s a complete non-issue for me.

I also had the technician at the delivery centre polish out two minor scratches in the paint, as well as the alignment for the trunk. Nothing major and I was overall very happy with the state of my car and the service the team provided!
5490D052-8600-4AC5-ABA9-5FA48EDAF788.jpeg

What I have not heard things in this thread was the glass across the top.
Either people don't notice them or they're just not there on the vast majority of cars. Mine must have been a Friday car because the roof panels are all wonky, with each one being misaligned by a mm in some direction. The leading edge of both roof panels is raised by one mm, but only on one side, so it looks like a raised corner. Only noticeable if you look, but it's there. I want to tighten a screw or something as if it was loose plywood, but it would involve reseating the glass of course.

I've looked at some of the pictures people have posted, and I think I see small glass issues on most of them, but it's apparently not something that people care all that much about. Maybe because no other car has set high expectations for what a glass roof should look like.

Reactions: jpaychek
I have had my VIN for a whole 48 hours and am "patiently" waiting to schedule delivery. How long after after being assigned a VIN do people get the notification to book the appointment? Want to make sure I can get off work in advance.
It was 2 weeks for me. You have three days to pick a delivery time. And for me my times were 2 weeks in the future so you should have plenty of time to plan accordingly.

For the people getting rejects it seems to move much faster.

Reactions: Tizzy and Teleezen
Today is delivery day!!! My appointment is at 1:00. Everything is completed, all that is left is to show up, inspect the car and accept delivery. Should be contactless unless there is an issue. We will be pulling up in my husbands M3. We were originally supposed to leave it for a service appointment, but that was delayed until next Saturday. I did find out my "born on date" was 5/6/2022. Will update everyone later after I take delivery.

It was 2 weeks for me. You have three days to pick a delivery time. And for me my times were 2 weeks in the future so you should have plenty of time to plan accordingly.

For the people getting rejects it seems to move much faster.
I got my VIN on 5/19 with a pickup date range of 6/4-6/8. The car is scheduled to arrive on 6/4 so I’m hoping for a pickup date of 6/6.