Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the car yesterday with checklist in hand. Seamless delivery, no matrix but I'm fine with that. Like all have said it truly is fun to drive and I don't even know half the things it does other than what I have learned here and you tube. I do recommend the Cnik Tesla ring. I love it. No keys, no phone no problem. I got lucky and found one on ebay in white pearl in the right size for $60. So worth it to me.
Congrats, I have same config, a few weeks behind you. Living vicariously through others on this forum…. The NFC is interesting, May have to check that out..

Reactions: jpaychek
Haha I think it’s purely being so close to the factory, about 80 miles. I have not forgotten how my order didn’t matter until I was willing to pay more. And the annoyance continues. I ordered trunk, well, and frunk liners and wouldn’t you know the order is delayed.
I think they are literally unable to make the RWD because the LFP batteries come from China. China is now suffering their covid lockdown phases and any domestic production of LFP is going to domestic sales. It is not permissible to insult the CCP by doing otherwise.

Reactions: Soosh and E90alex
Just picked up my car -- I mentioned a little earlier that my original delivery was supposed to be Friday 5/27 at 10a but they asked if I could come in early. Apparently they're going to be very busy with deliveries this weekend so they were pretty happy I could pick things up today.

My VIN is 247xxx and I was told it was built in early May. It has the matrix headlights. Michelins, and all the charger adapters. Overall, everything on the car was good except there was a weird panel alignment on the pillar at the left side of the windshield right near where it joins the left fender. They took it back and who knows what they did but whatever they did it made a big difference. There was some other minor alignment issue near the headlight but they didn't adjust that one.

I was glad I was able to pick it up because they weren't very busy and it made it easier for me to get everything taken care of pretty quickly. The pick up process would probably have taken less than 15 mins if it weren't for them needing to do the panel adjustment. Even with that it was still less than 30 mins. I think I signed two papers.

I've still got a lot to learn about the car and will probably spend some time this evening trying to figure it all out. Good luck to everyone still waiting. I originally ordered on 2/15 and my pickup today came on day 100.

Just picked up my car -- I mentioned a little earlier that my original delivery was supposed to be Friday 5/27 at 10a but they asked if I could come in early. Apparently they're going to be very busy with deliveries this weekend so they were pretty happy I could pick things up today.

My VIN is 247xxx and I was told it was built in early May. It has the matrix headlights. Michelins, and all the charger adapters. Overall, everything on the car was good except there was a weird panel alignment on the pillar at the left side of the windshield right near where it joins the left fender. They took it back and who knows what they did but whatever they did it made a big difference. There was some other minor alignment issue near the headlight but they didn't adjust that one.

I was glad I was able to pick it up because they weren't very busy and it made it easier for me to get everything taken care of pretty quickly. The pick up process would probably have taken less than 15 mins if it weren't for them needing to do the panel adjustment. Even with that it was still less than 30 mins. I think I signed two papers.

I've still got a lot to learn about the car and will probably spend some time this evening trying to figure it all out. Good luck to everyone still waiting. I originally ordered on 2/15 and my pickup today came on day 100.
Glad to hear that. I’ll be picking up in Eatonville myself. Hope mine goes as well 🥹

Glad to hear that. I’ll be picking up in Eatonville myself. Hope mine goes as well 🥹
My SA was Elaina. She was great. I guess I didn't realize it but the SAs seem like they during the day they're juggling people in person and responding to texts. So I understand why sometimes they don't immediately respond.

The one thing I'll add is don't expect to go in there and nitpick every possible imperfection. They'll absolutely address things that aren't right like they did with my one panel, but they did mention during pickup that they have general standards for different gaps etc and as long as it's within the standards they probably wouldn't do too much.

The only reason I mention it is that on some of the delivery videos I saw they seem to give them impression that people should go over every little thing with a microscope. And I think originally when I mentioned something they were hesitant to do anything until I pointed out the car sitting right next to it. Everyone was cool and ultimately took care of everything. But just be prepared unless there's something obviously wrong with the paint, not working properly, or that you could point to another car to easily show something isn't right they might tell you to deal with it.

My advice to anyone is just be patient with the whole process. If something comes up, everyone I've worked with has been perfectly willing to help and reasonable. But they also seem very busy -- as long as you're willing to be patient they will do what they can for you.

I just saw a truck of MY and I think a few M3's on the bottom heading north on I-5 in North Seattle. I'm guessing it could only be headed for Lynnwood or Vancouver, BC?
I was driving home and a truck full was driving through Tacoma heading north on I-5 around 1PM a couple MX and MY didn’t see any M3 though.
Any red ones 😊
No red ones on this truck.

This is crazy for all of us in Florida waiting for our charge ports while cars are getting delivered with the exact build in FL.
Tomorrow will be my OD anniversary date, I ordered 12/27/21, 5 months and still waiting.

NOT HAPPY !!!!
I don't blame you for having to wait so long. It would make more sense if they reassigned you a new VIN with one complete like FIFO if they even understand that. Then when the ports come in then it would be filled with the next person. It's bad that all these cars are being passed up just because they assigned you a VIN. Sometimes some of the most common sense customer service ideas they aren't getting it.