Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3LR, Pearl White, 18” Aero’s, Black interior, No FSD

OD: 3/5
EDD #1: 5/28-6/25
EDD #2: 6/4-7/2
EDD #3: 6/2-6/16
EDD #4: 6/7-6/11 (Vin Assigned 5/23)

Decided to join and post as I’ve been lurking for a while now. Insurance is in order, went with BCU for financing and they’ve issued the check directly to Tesla, and all that’s left is to submit final payment and review forms. I’m doing as others have said and not submitting payment until I see the car in person. Anxiously waiting to receive the schedule appointment confirmation. Anyone reading this, have I lined everything up to be as streamlined of a process as possible? Anything I may have missed?

Hey guys! This is you neighbour stopping by from the never ending SR+ waiting room. I know that some of you already participated to the Survey allowing me to publish this very unofficial Dashboard . So thanks for doing so. Still, I just wanted to re-promote the links for the Newbies. I was cross-reading your recent thread activity and wow! Your transit time in quite shorter. If you already participated, don't forget to update your order info before your road trip so that all of us drooling in the other room can be jalous of your winning choice. :)

You sound like you've done your homework, waited patiently, and prepared everything in advance. Insurance and payment are the big ones. I assume that you're not trading a vehicle in to Tesla. I didn't do it, but many like to take an inspection checklist as a reminder of common issues. What are your plans for charging?
No vehicle to trade in but good point on getting a checklist in order. I’ll find a solid one to print out and bring with me. I actually live in an apartment with a garage so I’ll be charging overnight inside albeit it’s just a wall outlet that isn’t ideal until the complex gets charging stations (which apparently is in the works). I have 3 superchargers within a 5 mile radius but I’ve also spoken to the maintenance manager about upgrading to a 14-50 outlet in my garage and paying out of pocket for the upgrade.

I'm still hanging around this thread, thought I would share a couple things i've come to learn after owning my car for 14 days now.

I've driven 1600 miles since getting the car, my biggest annoyance is 100% the fact that you cant turn off the auto hi beams while in autosteer... Ughh sounds petty but I don't like shining down the guy in front of me (driving in the same direction as me) with my brights, if I can see you in front of me my hi beams are off, well with the auto hi beams you've got to be like 450' ish feet or less for my hi beams to turn off. So many things I can't stand about auto hi beams, they are just annoying to me.

Secondly I will advise that tinting my car with ceramic tint has literally saved me about 8% battery life throughout the day. The first 5 days of commuting to work (120 mile round trip) with an average temperature of 75°, I would get home with about 55% battery life (charging to 90% daily). The past 4 days of commuting (post tint job) similar temperatures, same commute I now have about 62-63% battery remaining. The car doesn't fight as hard to keep the cabin cool in overheat protection mode with the ceramic tint. I highly recommend. I put 15% in the back and 35% in the front.

Third, while making the decision to purchase this car I rented a 2019 m3lr from turo for 3 days and that car was lighting fast.... WELL... the 2022 is no where near as fast, unless you want to buy the acceleration boost to unlock the speed for $2,000... It's 100% a noticeably slower car than the car I rented from turo and that made me a little sad, however, the difference would NOT be worth the $2k IMO.

Other than these things, I really have nothing to say that is negative. It has helped me be less fatigued at the end of my work day after 2 hours of driving (daily) so that has been excellent, but at the end of the day, once the honeymoon stage is over, it's still just a car.

My favorite thing to do in this car is troll gas stations, I've never had to wash my windows or get a polar pop so often in my life hahaha 😆

Also highly recommend the "Plug Share" app, this app can be a life saver if you happen to be out of town on vacation and no superchargers or destination chargers nearby!

zeph.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, friends,
I live in Boston and my car will be delivered this weekend.
I got a job offer and will be moving to the west coast in a month.
What are your suggestions regarding registration, fees, relocation, and incentives ...?

Thanks.

Does the company pay for transporting your car? Or are you driving it? If you need an auto transport company, I can give you the place I used. The owners seems straightforward and honest. The reviews are also positive.

Or are you planning on putting your car on hold and taking delivery in the new state? Keep in mind sales tax and fees might be different depending f where you go.

My EDD starts in 7 days and Monday my SA said car was in transit. When do you usually get asked to schedule appointment
My last EDD window was May 16 - May 20, I reached out to the Tesla SA via text on May 6th to see when I could expect to get scheduled and they texted me back with the invite to schedule, the car was then delivered to me on May 13th.

I'm still hanging around this thread, thought I would share a couple things i've come to learn after owning my car for 14 days now.

I've driven 1600 miles since getting the car, my biggest annoyance is 100% the fact that you cant turn off the auto hi beams while in autosteer... Ughh sounds petty but I don't like shining down the guy in front of me (driving in the same direction as me) with my brights, if I can see you in front of me my hi beams are off, well with the auto hi beams you've got to be like 450' ish feet or less for my hi beams to turn off. So many things I can't stand about auto hi beams, they are just annoying to me.

View attachment 809366

You can actually turn the Auto High Beems off. You have to do it everytime you engage AutoPilot, but it can be done. All you need to do is push the turn signal lever forward (towards front of car). This will set the lights back to the "normal" mode.

Glad you are enjoying the car! We love ours (so much that we bought a second one and picked it up yesterday, more on that to come shortly).

You can actually turn the Auto High Beems off. You have to do it everytime you engage AutoPilot, but it can be done. All you need to do is push the turn signal lever forward (towards front of car). This will set the lights back to the "normal" mode.

Glad you are enjoying the car! We love ours (so much that we bought a second one and picked it up yesterday, more on that to come shortly).
When I do that nothing happens, it actually gives me a message saying something along the lines of "auto hi beams have to be on in autosteer" or something like that. With that being said there are some features I don't have that some of my friends have on their cars like the ability to change the horn (or post horn sound anyways) to always be on with the "replace horn" feature even when driving. They tried with my car but it literally doesn't have the option to even select it to always stay on. 🤔