Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While DCU isn't as easy as Tesla, it's pretty fast once you get the ball rolling. They overnighted me the check via FedEx and also sent me images of the check. I believe they do a lot of Teslas so they know the drill.

Were you approved?

I would reach out and call as stated above. I had to call to get the ball rolling too.
Do I need to be a member with DCU to apply? If so can someone send me a referral link?

Do I need to be a member with DCU to apply? If so can someone send me a referral link?
There are no longer referrals. You need to be a member to apply/secure the loan. You can apply for the loan before being a member, but you will need to join. During the member application process, there will be an option where you can choose an organization to donate to which will then make you eligible to become a member. The best option is to choose Reach out for Schools which is a $10 donation.

Reach Out for Schools – A non-profit membership organization that raises money to fund classrooms and programs that benefit students. Most of the funds that we raise are used to adopt classrooms through Adopt-a-Classroom and to fund projects through Donors Choose. These programs allow teachers to purchase classroom resources with donated funds. You may join this organization when you open your DCU membership.
Memberships start at $10

Here she is...

IMG_8558.jpg
IMG_8556.jpg
IMG_8557.jpg

There are no longer referrals. You need to be a member to apply/secure the loan. You can apply for the loan before being a member, but you will need to join. During the member application process, there will be an option where you can choose an organization to donate to which will then make you eligible to become a member. The best option is to choose Reach out for Schools which is a $10 donation.

Pretty much summed it up^^

More info:

Reach Out for Schools – A non-profit membership organization that raises money to fund classrooms and programs that benefit students. Most of the funds that we raise are used to adopt classrooms through Adopt-a-Classroom and to fund projects through Donors Choose. These programs allow teachers to purchase classroom resources with donated funds. You may join this organization when you open your DCU membership.
Memberships start at $10

To join:

Pretty much summed it up^^

More info:

Memberships start at $10

To join:
Great info! Thank you I will look into that.

Reactions: Not That M3
How much did the tint set you back? I'm gonna get tinted next week.
My tint was $365 + tax (Ohio) however they were far from Tesla pros when it came to tint... make sure you get someone that knows Tesla's and how to tint them. Your first question should be "can you do the back in 1 sheet" if they say no find a different guy.

FL folks waiting on the charge ports - SA confirmed yesterday that the WPB location is receiving more cars from Fremont and running out of space to put them due to the charge port hold cars taking up all the space. They said that our affected cars have to go, as its making it an inventory nightmare trying to navigate all of this....with that said, he mentioned that charge port ECUs should be arriving today or tomorrow and installed as fast as they can.

Take all that with a grain of salt but this morsel of information is better than anything i've gotten in the last 2 weeks.
Had a feeling this would happen. With increased volume of orders and cars being sent to SC’s, they HAVE to push out our cars to make room. Tesla putting pressure on themselves at this point.

Sorry, I’m new here. So you’re saying you bought and paid for (or are making payments) a car that hasn’t been truly delivered because it’s missing parts? If so, can you cancel the order or reject the car? Did you technically take delivery based on a false promise of theirs? Is Tesla making the payment or handing a loaner car to you while they make you wait for what you already paid for? What about the fact that your car is depreciating while you wait?
Hi, not me ... it's Teleezen who answered my original post. I'm paying cash and won't give them any $$$ until I get a vehicle.

Reactions: JB47394