Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here at the Buena Park SC, I know my car doesn’t belong here but I spend majority of the time in here before switching because of the headlights.

Something was wrong with the 12v battery so they were able to get it in service right away.

Seeing some 260xxx model 3 with reflectors, only one 255xxx that has the matrix.

Pics coming soon.
That’s my pick up center .. last time I was there they only had like 8 cars on the lot, did they have more cars today???

Picked up my car today and like everyone before me has said , it’s totally worth the wait! Another thing that surprised me was thinking I needed acceleration boost immediately. My last car was a Hellcat Challenger so I thought I might need it.I do not need it yet but assume I will in the future. The torque delivery is so immediate and different it feels great at all speeds!!! Still fiddling with the screens and set up. Tint and PPF on Monday so leaving it in garage until then. Will be hard.
Pick up was very different. Basically looked it over when I got there on my own and then headed in. Quality is so much better than when they first rushed them to market and the gained a reputation from that I believe. Signed papers and went out to throw my all weather mats in. SA met me out there and set up phone as a key , showed me a few other things and put my plate on. Away I went to experience the torque again!!
Notice I didn’t mention headlights….kinda forgot about it until just now.

Hi all,

New member here, we'll sort of. I come from the RWD waiting room. My specs are as follows:

OD: 9/11/21
Color: Blue/Black interior
Wheels: 18"s
EDD: Unknown

I've waited almost 10 months for my RWD. Originally had the MSM but changed the color as I figured Blue would be here faster. I should have an updated EDD in the next couple of business days. Looking forward to ending the wait.

VIN just dropped, 264XXX. Less than 72 hours from order revision to VIN. I'm in shock.
Got a call to pick up early - was supposed to be Sunday. Ryzen, matrix, heated wipers, the works. 5 miles on the OD. Utterly flawless - and hubby loves it. Turn around from upgrading to LR to delivery was five days.

Attachments

• E4D4566F-CC39-46B4-9CDF-5C92A21E068F.jpeg
    E4D4566F-CC39-46B4-9CDF-5C92A21E068F.jpeg
    556.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 92B9BF83-4658-4217-A777-8FF5FFA13779.jpeg
    92B9BF83-4658-4217-A777-8FF5FFA13779.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
All good. How did it turn out? What percentages did you go with? Did you like it?

I have an appt in a few weeks (hopefully I get my car in time).

I've had he windows tinted in all of the vehicles I've owned and always gone with 5% in the rear and 10% in the front. Backing up in the dark was always a pain, especially living in a rural area with ZERO street lights like I do. But the privacy and drop in interior temps was always worth it. I recently sat in a friends Acura TL that has a high quality 5% ceramic all around. From outside the car you can barely see in but once inside the visibility out is better than the 10% dyed tint I have on my BMW currently. It's like a "one way mirror" type of effect. I highly suggest trying to sit in a car with a high grade ceramic tint before you pick your percentages. I myself plan on going with 5% Suntek Nano Ceramic on all glass including roof. I also plan on doing a clear tint, 80-70% on the windshield to reduce UV and heat as well as help cut down on oncoming traffic glare.

IMG_8917.JPG

Picked it up Thursday. The quality was amazing! Only 2 small paint issues (1 scuff in the clear coat and one chip on edge of hood by wipers, otherwise no other issues were found. Panel gaps were nonexistent. The car came with the Matrix Global headlights, heater wipers, mobile charger, Ryzen Chip, and Michelin Tires.

I have already installed the floormats, grocery bag hook, console trays, door pocket inserts, removed the aero wheel covers, and installed the center cap kit. I had it tinted today (30 and 15 with the back window being 1 piece), I highly recommend Sunbusters in Austin if you're in the area. They have done multiple cars for us and their customer service is amazing!

Will be doing a front clip PPF in the VERY near future.

The car is amazing and I was very surprised to see it rides smoother and is quieter than our 14 month old Model 3!

It’s now 7 days until the start of my pickup window. Hoping for an early arrival and no issues (missing parts, alignments, etc). Everything is all set and happy to see the flood of posts from happy new owners. Hopefully, Tesla keeps its streak going.
Also happy to see the news Tesla is shipping long overdue charging modules. I can’t wait until we start seeing a flood of posts from those long awaiting the module arrivals and can finally get their car. Long overdue!

Got a call to pick up early - was supposed to be Sunday. Ryzen, matrix, heated wipers, the works. 5 miles on the OD. Utterly flawless - and hubby loves it. Turn around from upgrading to LR to delivery was five days.
This is incredible. It’s like time traveling. Also I must once again praise the MSM. White interior looks nice too but it would have me clean them every weekend from staining. You’ve officially graduated early. Congrats!