Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Graduation Post

Picked mine up from Fremont factory yesterday. Weirdest buying experience of my life, but not really negative.

Ordered a M3LR on 3/6, informed 5/24 of pickup window which was 5/25 to 5/27. Someone in here had recommended Affinity Federal Credit Union and they gave me the best rate out of all the options (2.61%). USAA was close to 5%, which seems insane to me. My score is a few points shy of 850, so it's a tale of the times for interest rates.

Michelin tires, Li-ion battery, mobile charger w/ J1772 adapter, "premium" non-global headlights, which the SA confirmed earlier in the week. *sugar* ton of Tesla's going out on car haulers and quite a few in the delivery spots.

Minor issues with panels. Hood out of alignment by a few cm, passenger front window trim/scraper slightly raised, passenger tail light has a weird gap between the two lights on the side. Showroom person instructed me to accept the vehicle and schedule a service appointment right away. They wouldn't do anything on the spot unfortunately.

The vehicle is pretty cool. I drive a truck that gets 17MPG 15,000-20,000 miles a year and my work has free Level 2 chargers, so it made sense to finally go electric for my daily driver. This is also my first American car out of the 30 or so cars I've owned over the last 18 years of driving.

View attachment 810061View attachment 810062
That was me. Glad they helped you out. Their Cash Rewarss CC is great. It’s better than the Amazon card. 5% all bookstores. They include Amazon. It also has rotating categories bonuses that stack on your regular bonuses. One quarter a year, it gives an Amazon bonus of 5% and it’s 10% the entire quarter.

Reactions: TSLone and Maric
B0CCDACB-674C-44D5-9F97-324B4A823191.gif

order/pricing question….Originally ordered a RWD M3 white/black with 19 wheels on 12/5/21 and switched configuration to LR in early May. Was given pricing as of order date for the LR but just realized I am still being charged $1500 wheel upgrade for 19’s but thought they came standard back in December of last year. Can anyone confirm this to be true and should Tesla remove that fee from my order?

order/pricing question….Originally ordered a RWD M3 white/black with 19 wheels on 12/5/21 and switched configuration to LR in early May. Was given pricing as of order date for the LR but just realized I am still being charged $1500 wheel upgrade for 19’s but thought they came standard back in December of last year. Can anyone confirm this to be true and should Tesla remove that fee from my order?
Not standard.

My EDD shifted from 8/21-10/2 to 6/14-6/30. I’m excited but I ordered a mobile charger and have no idea when it will come. I think I need to order the wall charger. My OD was 4/30, so I am not expecting a mobile charger to be included.
Woah hey. Same OD. But I’m in South Florida.

I guess my pattern projection was correct. A two week window is next after this EDD I have. I’m still sitting on 8/11 - 9/22. Anything can happen, but another person had an Aug - Sep EDD (yours was an Aug - Oct EDD because you had a late august date there) and they got a two-week window as well afterwards. June 1st looks to be an anticipated date for a two-week window. Maybe this streak of new EDD per 5 days I’m going through will break and it’ll come early, or late.

EDIT: Also can you add your build details in your signature? It helps all of us look at other’s progression through their order. It also helps me make more projections for my order.

Reactions: jpaychek
Graduation Post

Picked mine up from Fremont factory yesterday. Weirdest buying experience of my life, but not really negative.

Ordered a M3LR on 3/6, informed 5/24 of pickup window which was 5/25 to 5/27. Someone in here had recommended Affinity Federal Credit Union and they gave me the best rate out of all the options (2.61%). USAA was close to 5%, which seems insane to me. My score is a few points shy of 850, so it's a tale of the times for interest rates.

Michelin tires, Li-ion battery, mobile charger w/ J1772 adapter, "premium" non-global headlights, which the SA confirmed earlier in the week. *sugar* ton of Tesla's going out on car haulers and quite a few in the delivery spots.

Minor issues with panels. Hood out of alignment by a few cm, passenger front window trim/scraper slightly raised, passenger tail light has a weird gap between the two lights on the side. Showroom person instructed me to accept the vehicle and schedule a service appointment right away. They wouldn't do anything on the spot unfortunately.

The vehicle is pretty cool. I drive a truck that gets 17MPG 15,000-20,000 miles a year and my work has free Level 2 chargers, so it made sense to finally go electric for my daily driver. This is also my first American car out of the 30 or so cars I've owned over the last 18 years of driving.

View attachment 810061View attachment 810062
Nice!

How did the AFCU process go? I am heavily leaning toward using them. Its between them, Carolina Cooperative, and DCU.

I am just waiting for my VIN to start any of that process.

Reactions: Maric
My EDD shifted from 8/21-10/2 to 6/14-6/30. I’m excited but I ordered a mobile charger and have no idea when it will come. I think I need to order the wall charger. My OD was 4/30, so I am not expecting a mobile charger to be included.
That is great! My OD was 05/16, and my EDD stays on 9/7 - 10/19 even after adding FSD to it… Did you change the configuration after the order, which might have contributed to this shift?