Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PSA All — after my pick-up last Monday where everything at delivery seemed okay, when I went to install my mud flaps the car was missing a bolt on the right side, and the new mud flap bolt won’t screw in at all. Check it at delivery because service is 2 weeks out.

Attachments

• A13FFB4F-6A86-49E3-918B-CA7678F6AF30.jpeg
    A13FFB4F-6A86-49E3-918B-CA7678F6AF30.jpeg
    293.1 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 60
Nice!

How did the AFCU process go? I am heavily leaning toward using them. Its between them, Carolina Cooperative, and DCU.

I am just waiting for my VIN to start any of that process.
Process was smooth, kind of slow if you're in a crunch. I applied Tuesday morning and had to call in on Wednesday to see what was going on I was instructed the process generally takes 5-7 days, but they sped it up for me when I said I was picking up the car on Friday. They overnighted a check to Tesla Thursday late afternoon and Tesla received it Friday. Everyone was super friendly.

Not an M3 posted in here about AFCU's rewards card, but they also offer a 2% APY savings account (up to 5k only), but that beats Amex, which is at .65% right now. It was 1.9% when I signed up a few years ago :( Toss 5k in there and forget about it.

Our January bill doubled over last year using just a bit more kwh (same kwh of peak). That was the final straw. The solar payment is a bit high but with the increases this year it is probably still cheaper over the year than sdg&e. Plus sdg&e announced another 8.6% increase next year. We went with Palomar Solar and I give them a 9.8 out of 10. Who did you go with?
I’m in the process of signing with SunPower they’re also in SD - they do a 15 yr/25 yr loan for 1.99%. Plus, the panels are 20% more efficient than the other options

Process was smooth, kind of slow if you're in a crunch. I applied Tuesday morning and had to call in on Wednesday to see what was going on I was instructed the process generally takes 5-7 days, but they sped it up for me when I said I was picking up the car on Friday. They overnighted a check to Tesla Thursday late afternoon and Tesla received it Friday. Everyone was super friendly.

Not an M3 posted in here about AFCU's rewards card, but they also offer a 2% APY savings account (up to 5k only), but that beats Amex, which is at .65% right now. It was 1.9% when I signed up a few years ago :( Toss 5k in there and forget about it.
What if you want to get the check on hand to bring to delivery instead, in case the unit is faulty and you have to wait a while to get a replacement unit?

Nothing to update on my end this morning. I have a feeling that lucky EDD #13 will arrive on my birthday on June 1st. All you amateur's with 3 EDD's. I laugh at you! 🤣

Also, for those of you with April OD's....I'm sorry, but your car isn't arriving in June. Other than a few lucky people that get cancelled VIN's, expect to wait 90+ days.
Lucky and 13 don’t go together. Might as well wait for EDD 14, perhaps.

• Disagree
Reactions: Junior86 and T-J-
I found some articles referencing a change to LR ordering that no longer included 19s as standard but could have been non-US. Have Aero wheels always been standard on LR in US?
Aero wheels have been standard for LR models in the US since they first went on sale. However, Tesla encourages people to buy the 19s by having that option pre-selected in the configurator.

That is great! My OD was 05/16, and my EDD stays on 9/7 - 10/19 even after adding FSD to it… Did you change the configuration after the order, which might have contributed to this shift?
When you add stuff to your order like white interior, 19” wheels, and/or red/blue/black, then you’ll get it sooner than later. I’m not sure about FSD since that’s hardly reported here. You can ask someone who may have gotten delivery sooner who built their M3 with FSD. If you switch out of the base configuration and upgrade something, then your EDD will be re-estimated. Expect something like “Aug - Nov 2022” as your new EDD, which is nothing to worry about.

Hello all,

I’ve finally arrived at two weeks before my 5-week EDD window; that window has held steady with no changes for 46 days (OD: 3/27, one prior EDD shift, delivery in MD). I’m thinking that sometime in the next week, I’ll either get the two week window or get bumped out into Q3. Thoughts?

On a related note, across several days at the tail end of my 5-week window, I wouldn’t be able to pick up the car. Could someone please remind me what my least worst options are if that’s the case?

Thanks,

Todd

Reactions: TSLone
When you add stuff to your order like white interior, 19” wheels, and/or red/blue/black, then you’ll get it sooner than later. I’m not sure about FSD since that’s hardly reported here. You can ask someone who may have gotten delivery sooner who built their M3 with FSD. If you switch out of the base configuration and upgrade something, then your EDD will be re-estimated. Expect something like “Aug - Nov 2022” as your new EDD, which is nothing to worry about.
My original exterior was already black… Would upgrade cause the delivery to become even sooner than the orders which originally have those upgraded configurations?

Hello all,

I’ve finally arrived at two weeks before my 5-week EDD window; that window has held steady with no changes for 46 days (OD: 3/27, one prior EDD shift, delivery in MD). I’m thinking that sometime in the next week, I’ll either get the two week window or get bumped out into Q3. Thoughts?

On a related note, across several days at the tail end of my 5-week window, I wouldn’t be able to pick up the car. Could someone please remind me what my least worst options are if that’s the case?

Thanks,

Todd
Based on your location (Tesla’s bias with the east coast) and OD, maybe sometime next week. I’m seeing plenty of mid-late March (even April ODs) receive two week windows. There’s so many factors here put into play, people from different regions of the east and west coast are getting different luck.

There really is no proof that this is true as long as you stay under the LR umbrella. It might have worked in the past but tesla is closing those loopholes. Best thing to do is order the car you want and then be patient. Not much you can do to change your edd except upgrade to a performance

Reactions: Nfletcher
It’s T-Day! Leaving in a few hours to go pick it up. Hope everything goes smoothly.
Good luck!!

I was told the truck with my car is said to be there today. Hoping no delay and I get the text today saying it’s arrived. Keep us posted if there’s a ton of cars in the lot.
Well, as per Tesla, got there yesterday. Now I wait for Tuesday lol.