Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately it's all FSD. And red is the most expensive out of all other colors, adding to a $1,000+ loan. I'd rather take an MY. It also seems like you can't deliver those to different dealers in the U.S. This website is useful if you're lucky enough to capture a demo M3 in your dealer.
You can purchase with or without FSD, and you can have the car transferred to you, it doesn't have to be at your current dealership.

Is sentry live mode something owners use ? I’m debating on getting the premiums connectivity
It's good if you want to leave your car recording stuff around it. But it consumes your battery in the meantime, leaving you with less range in a full charge. It's like having an ICE's engine running in parking. It's useful though because if you're out of the car and you come back to it looking like it just got into an accident of some sort, then it's perfect for a police report.

Reactions: Maric
What sucks is that I had a tease having my car for only a few hours.... while I did say "I waited 3 months, what's 2 more days?" Yeah...I take that back. It sucks even more knowing I have the car, but now waiting for PPF to get done. I guess ill just open the app and appreciate that I finally have the car lol
Yea, when I dropped mine off for tint I kept checking the live camera's and watching their every move lol

Just got my VIN assigned at 11:23am today! Was eating my lunch and stood up and raised both arms like I was a madman- people in the office looking at me like I'm crazy.

My estimated delivery date prior to this was June 6- June 19, but now shows June 5-June 7,

MSM / 18" Aero / Black Interior / No FSD

Order Date:
3/6
Initial EDD: May 13-June 10 (4 weeks)
4/22 Update: June 7-July 12 (5 weeks)
5/3 Update: May 22-June 19 (4 weeks)
5/23 Update: June 11-June 25 (2 weeks)
5/26 Update: June 6-June 19 (2 weeks)
Today's 6/1 Update: June 5-June 7 (VIN assigned)

It's good if you want to leave your car recording stuff around it. But it consumes your battery in the meantime, leaving you with less range in a full charge. It's like having an ICE's engine running in parking. It's useful though because if you're out of the car and you come back to it looking like it just got into an accident of some sort, then it's perfect for a police report.
So dashcam and sentry mode are both different from each other and from viewing live cameras from your phone through the app. But you bring up a good point, while leaving sentry mode on and cabin over heat protection on my car drains about 1-1.5 miles per hour of range throughout my work day. It's really not a big deal if you are just parking for work 8-14 hours. I'd say the only time you would worry about that is if you were parking at a airport for a few days, i would worry about battery drainage then.

Reactions: jpaychek and Maric
Also I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to get premium connectivity, its like $9 a month. Cheaper than most streaming subscriptions for entertainment, but this is for your car.
I have been contemplating it. I feel like $10 a month is really nothing... but wasn't sure if it's worth getting this or just using my cell as a hotspot and using the wifi? Not sure if there are pros and cons of both... not sure if any features would be missing if just using the hotspot/wifi method?

Anybody know? Anybody have opinions? etc

Reactions: OreoLR3
I have been contemplating it. I feel like $10 a month is really nothing... but wasn't sure if it's worth getting this or just using my cell as a hotspot and using the wifi? Not sure if there are pros and cons of both... not sure if any features would be missing if just using the hotspot/wifi method?

Anybody know? Anybody have opinions? etc
So I'm still waiting for my car to be delivered this month, but if I'm understanding this correctly. You pay 9.99 a month for premium connectivity but then for like Spotify, you need a premium account, so its another 9.99. is that correct?

So I'm still waiting for my car to be delivered this month, but if I'm understanding this correctly. You pay 9.99 a month for premium connectivity but then for like Spotify, you need a premium account, so its another 9.99. is that correct?
Yea I believe that is accurate, I switched from apple music to spotify just because the car. However you can bluetooth audio from your phone seamlessly so if your only motive to get premium connectivity is for music and podcasts and you don't already have spotify it may not be worth it.

Probably my last post here. TJ GOOD LUCK! I might pop in just to check up on you.

OD EDD VIN PICKUP in SIG

I picked it up in Vallejo CA (15 from my house).

Originally scheduled for 6/3, but got a call on 5/31 saying car is ready. It was born on 5/29 and got there 5/30 night.
So had 2pm appointment setup. Went to bank got cashier's check and got there 40 min early.
It was parked up front in Service Center visitors. There might've been 3-4 other '22 cars awaiting pickup. 2 whites, msm, and red.
Look for reg card on window to find my vin, 2nd white was mine, 1st one i looked at had matrix and hankook tires.
Mine came with matrix, michelin, charger, tesla usb stick in glove box. YAY!

It was sunny out, so I looked around and under the car, checked all wheels and all the areas that I would see mentioned here.

No cracks on glass, all lines up with good gaps.

Panels gaps all look good.

Trunk driver's side by c-pillar one side is slightly lower, doesn't bother me.

Driver's fender by mirror kinda goes in relative to A-pillar, but looks like manufacturing defect rather that alignment issue since the other side is flush, doesn't bother me.

Parking meters in the back have white rubber seals around them, some of them were sticking out a tad. I was able to push them in flush with my nail. All good.

No glass waviness that I could see.

No scratches to the bottom.

Car is barely 2 days old, so I don't think it got detailed and looked fine. I'd rather wash it myself anyway.

So 15min in I had probably been around the car 3 times.

By them my SA arrived, I asked him if he can open the car, so I can check the interior real quick. He opened it up.

Took a quick glance and noticed the rear C-pillar trim on the passenger side wasn't sitting flush to the other panel vs driver's side. Already scheduled mobile service appointment (next monday, they'll come to my work). There were earlier appointments, but I'm unavailable.

QUICK NOTE: service has space for note and up to 5 photos. Then they show you available dates, 2 weeks out and each day has 2 options for 4hr windows. Ranging from as early as 7:30am to 5pm. (ie 8-12, 12-5).

Gave them the check. Signed 3 pages for DMV stuff, accepted argreement and delivery on the app and was ready to go. 25-30 minutes total?

Car had 9 miles on it. AutoPilot had to be calibrated.

Did another inspection when I got home and didn't find any other issues. Fiddled with settings and infotainment for about 1.5hrs and installed all the accessories I had accumulated.

Tesla Shield Floor Mats (fullset), perfect fit
Spigen Screen Protector
Cupholders Rubber Insert
Abstract Ocean USB/SD pass through and 128gb SD card for sentry mode
Put all my music on Tesla USB (in hindsight Tesla usb can be split for sentry and music), but I wasn't sure it was going to be included
Put Lift Pucks in the trunk

Will definitely need to order a tray for center console, they're deep.

Tint will be done as soon as I get a moment.

Not sure on PPF yet. Might just do the Front Bumper. Just keep your distance and autopilot does it anyway.

Tried mobile charger at work and its good. Slow as expected 5% in 5hrs. ~5mi/hr.

Wall Connector was charging at 49mi/hr and said I would be done in 2hrs 10min. That's from 49% to 80%.
In the morning it said I charged 24kwh and gained 109 miles.

Car was at 72% when I picked it up. Range was 269mi.

No rattles noted, quiet on the freeway. I listen to music 100% of the time, but turned it off to verify no squeaks/rattles.

Can't think of anything else to report. Happy AF. You forget about the wait immediately.

WISHING EVERYONE SPEEDY VINS, ESPECIALLY TJ
Ok now I'm fixated on Matrix again but this is a good sign.

Reactions: jpaychek
Just got my VIN assigned at 11:23am today! Was eating my lunch and stood up and raised both arms like I was a madman- people in the office looking at me like I'm crazy.

My estimated delivery date prior to this was June 6- June 19, but now shows June 5-June 7,

MSM / 18" Aero / Black Interior / No FSD

Order Date:
3/6
Initial EDD: May 13-June 10 (4 weeks)
4/22 Update: June 7-July 12 (5 weeks)
5/3 Update: May 22-June 19 (4 weeks)
5/23 Update: June 11-June 25 (2 weeks)
5/26 Update: June 6-June 19 (2 weeks)
Today's 6/1 Update: June 5-June 7 (VIN assigned)

Picking up in Irvine or Buena Park?

It's $9.99 a month. We all have our priorities. Streaming in a car isn't one of mine.
I'm sure you know this but others may not realize they it's more than streaming.

Screenshot_20220601-152852_Chrome.jpg

It's been a little while since I've been in the forum and it's good to see most of the late February order getting VINs and cars, with exception of some people that shall remain nameless. :p

I haven't had a ton of time to enjoy my new car yet because of travel, and now my car is at the local service center to have some minor issues dealt with which includes having one of my matrix headlights replaced because of a scratch. I dropped the car off on Saturday and they're hoping to have a replacement headlight by Monday. 😕 But at least they provided a loaner M3SR so that I don't have to deal with crazy high gas prices right now!

Ordering and waiting for a Tesla is a true test of patience, but it will come, even to the nameless @T-J-!

Wow, that’s my pickup location too…when did your car arrive there and start waiting on the charge port hold? Mine has been there since May 5th….are there a lot of cars there waiting for the ports?
I saw my car on the lot on May 6, I think it had only been there a matter of a day or two. I believe that lot is now overflowed and there were a lot of cars at the dealership yesterday being pushed out. I can’t see you having to wait much longer.

Well worth the wait, I felt like you did at this point and was ready to give up. You will be very happy sometime very soon. I worked with Tom, he was fantastic