Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been contemplating it. I feel like $10 a month is really nothing... but wasn't sure if it's worth getting this or just using my cell as a hotspot and using the wifi? Not sure if there are pros and cons of both... not sure if any features would be missing if just using the hotspot/wifi method?

Anybody know? Anybody have opinions? etc
Couple of thoughts. First, if you’ve just bought a $60K car (after all the taxes and fees), you can afford the $10/month (as you’ve said). When I had my MS (and, for some reason wasn’t actually paying the monthly charge), the most useful aspect for me were the traffic overlays on the maps. As an iPhone guy, that seemed superfluous or redundant at first, and I made extensive use of my iPhone for Siri, etc. However, with a big screen, the traffic overlay on maps was very nice (and I plan to pay the $10/mo, though I wish there were an annual discount).

As for using an iPhone Wi-Fi hotspot, unless it’s changed, you can do it for a while, but once you switch gears, it gets disconnected (and you have to reconnect, which is a pain).

Hey there.

Order placed on March 15th, got my VIN on May 30th. Excited to finally get it. VIN is 267XXX. Delivery in Miami, FL.
My SA just confirmed the car will come with the Ryzen chip and the Matrix headlights. Will stick around after delivery to confirm all that and share my experience.
Good luck to everyone waiting, it felt like the car was already in front of me when I received my VIN.
I have a 267XXX VIN as well, hoping that means we both have Matrix and Ryzen chips!

Couple of thoughts. First, if you’ve just bought a $60K car (after all the taxes and fees), you can afford the $10/month (as you’ve said). When I had my MS (and, for some reason wasn’t actually paying the monthly charge), the most useful aspect for me were the traffic overlays on the maps. As an iPhone guy, that seemed superfluous or redundant at first, and I made extensive use of my iPhone for Siri, etc. However, with a big screen, the traffic overlay on maps was very nice (and I plan to pay the $10/mo, though I wish there were an annual discount).

As for using an iPhone Wi-Fi hotspot, unless it’s changed, you can do it for a while, but once you switch gears, it gets disconnected (and you have to reconnect, which is a pain).
What do you mean by switch gears?

I believe it has updated now with an option to “Stay connected to Wifi in Drive”
What do you mean by switch gears?
Like shifting out of Park into Reverse or Drive.

I've been waiting for this week for a couple years now - too excited! Seemed like a good idea to start a support group!

Ordered Midnight Silver/White Interior LR AWD on 10/17 - sooo excite!

Expected Delivery 11/19-12/21

*sidebar, it's absolutely crazy, I was about to order an M3 regardless and they just so happen to release the refresh the same week - feeling pretty humble over here.

OK. So tell us. Did you try to create a TMC Thread that would grow this big? What is your secret?

Or was it totally accidental?

I’m not sure how much sleep I’m gonna get tonight. Tomorrow is graduation and I can’t wait!
Easy, Reb. It’s still just a car that you’ll be not as concerned about in a few days. Sleep tight and relax. Enjoy the whole experience and make friends along the way. We all have a great warranty that covers us for a long time. I had an unexpected thing happen yesterday after we got home from taking delivery. We noticed a ticking sound coming from one of the wheels. So I brought it in today and despite the fact that they had 28 deliveries today, they ushered me right in and found the common problem-which was the aero cover. Anyway, if I was all up tight throughout the delivery process, I wouldn’t have gained any friends and they could have told me to get in line and make an appointment. Since I was cool with them, they hooked me up this morning. I was out of there with a fixed car in less than 30 mins. Enjoy your new car!

That's what I thought too but I'm seeing a lot of people keeping their fingers crossed for Ryzen. Wasn't sure if Tesla decided to revert back to the old chip. Nothing surprises me anymore.
Doesn’t hurt to check/confirm of course but Ryzen, Lithium 12V, heated wipers should a non issue at this point.

Then again who would have thought matrix lights would be an issue until they were. 🥴

RWD defector here.
OD: 3/20 - RWD MSM/black
Change to LR- 5/29 MSM/black
EDD: 7/16-8/27 (didn’t change at all from the EDD given for RWD which I know was inaccurate).
Is my EDD optimistic given the change to LR?
To speculate wildly: If your EDD was going to update it could take a week or two. Not that any of us have much insight, but assuming Tesla chooses to honor your original OD that EDD range doesn’t seem too far off the mark. Reading through a day or two’s worth of posts can give you an idea where other folks’ OD/EDD are at.