Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the delivery text and scheduled for June 7th.
It's really strange that they're doing a home delivery, since I'm 15 minutes from the Tesla center that I chose for pickup. I mean, technically the car carrier has to pass my house to get to the service center. 🤣
They did the same to me TJ and I texted the day before and they made it the first prep of the day and I was able to pick it up an hour later. They were grateful I came and got it. I think there is just a disconnect between local and the home hub.

Reactions: jpaychek and T-J-
I mentioned the adventure of FSD being a big reason. This video is for the latest FSD version, and I feel the same way the guy in the car feels. It's little girl giggle geeky. For those who haven't watched any FSD footage, the 18 minute video is quite impressive. The car ran one red light (right after a yellow) and also did an illegal right turn on red (the car doesn't read "No turn on red" signs yet). But the car drove very well in traffic and in trying circumstances.

The above video is awfully impressive. I wonder if they can handle it with their V3 computer. The V4 computer is in the works and Tesla has been talking it up as debuting in the Cybertruck, along with improved cameras. Rumor is that they're going from 1.2 megapixels to 5.4 megapixels with the IMX490 automotive sensor. That's a lot of pixels.

I don't think FSD will progress much more with current hardware. The increase in pixel count is needed (current cameras are much cruder than human central vision resolution), and that means the computer needs to be significantly upgraded for the bigger data hose. Better yet they should use stereoscopic cameras at a minimum. The autonomous cars which are restricted L4 today (Cruise/Waymo) use multiple cameras for parallax, plus radar, plus lidar.

Hi all! I called my dealership today to see if I can get any information. I asked if he can see more information than I see on the app. He said he can see a little bit more. He confirmed his system shows my car will arrive at the dealership on 7/10, always subject to change. My concern is my vacation 7/16-7/22. He said he can hold it reasonably but not for long and they can try to work with me. He said hopefully I can pick up before vacation. Also again confirmed to leave set to cash until a VIN is received.

Reactions: jpaychek and Hiline
Picking up my vehicle in a couple hours and it still says my agreements are not available try again in a few moments. Tried different browser and device. Awaiting SA advice…. Any ideas ?
Mine said "(no signature required)" -or something close to that - under the agreements section the entire time and when I went to pick up the car I had to sign in person.

Reactions: Nfletcher
Day 100....

Congrats! I've only been around a short while but that was enough for me to feel the struggle through you 😂. Is 100 days absurdly long given your OD? I know Tesla is wildly inconsistent but what I've gathered is that they do things in chunks according to yearly quarters. If I can get a VIN within 100-115 days of my OD, I'll be happy, but my OD is currently looking at 146+ days.

Reactions: T-J-
Very serious question here: I’ve recently been laid off and just purchased home. I ordered my M3LR well before the lay off and have to comes to terms that the expense of the car is major stress factor for my family. My EDD is June 2-14 and want to know any options I have to sell my order so that I don’t fully lose out on this. Please let me know any advice.

No VIN yet.
EDD June 2nd - June 14th
White with White premium interior and black aero wheels
Model 3 Long Range
I am definitely not a financial expert but if you've got a reasonable comfort of possibly making 1 or 2 payments on the car until you can sell it privately as a used car you may actually make money on it seeing how the used Tesla's usually sell for more than new, probably because you can get the used car faster.

Wondering if I got a rejected car... 261xxx VIN with regular reflector headlights. Seems like everyone the past two weeks has had VINs of 264 or over. Anyone care to clarify for me?
I have a 262xxx vin and am scheduled for Monday delivery. My SA said "everything is showing Matrix, but will confirm when the car arrives." That was over the weekend and I haven't been able to get an update since...

Reactions: Nfletcher
Congrats! I've only been around a short while but that was enough for me to feel the struggle through you 😂. Is 100 days absurdly long given your OD? I know Tesla is wildly inconsistent but what I've gathered is that they do things in chunks according to yearly quarters. If I can get a VIN within 100-115 days of my OD, I'll be happy, but my OD is currently looking at 146+ days.
With the giant rush of orders that happened in March/April, I'd guess that the average wait is likely to be 100 days or more.

Just got the delivery text and scheduled for June 7th.
It's really strange that they're doing a home delivery, since I'm 15 minutes from the Tesla center that I chose for pickup. I mean, technically the car carrier has to pass my house to get to the service center. 🤣
Are you going to leave it at home delivery or try to change for pick up? Wondering if they’ll do the same to me but I’m like about 50 min away from the Tesla center