Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New EDD: 6/13 - 6/19. Moved forward three days on the front end and one day on the back. Wider window but better overall. The 13th has been my prediction so maybe I've guessed correctly.

BTW, did anyone add the OEM parts coverage to their insurance policy? My agent told me it wasn't really necessary with a Tesla and I was thinking the same. I'm tempted to add it anyway but for now it appears there are very few non-OEM Tesla parts.

New EDD: 6/13 - 6/19. Moved forward three days on the front end and one day on the back. Wider window but better overall. The 13th has been my prediction so maybe I've guessed correctly.

BTW, did anyone add the OEM parts coverage to their insurance policy? My agent told me it wasn't really necessary with a Tesla and I was thinking the same. I'm tempted to add it anyway but for now it appears there are very few non-OEM Tesla parts.
While mentioning insurance I wanted to add how crazy the rates can be. I had Geico before and when I last received a quote it came in at $134, which seemed reasonable. Now that I tried it with my actual VIN it's $254, not happening. So I checked around online and Esurance and Nationwide were both really good and offered great coverage. Nationwide was $94/month and I added a few extras to settle in at $110. I'm thrilled with that.

I just visited the service center and asked if I could change to pickup instead of home delivery. The SA asked me why I wanted to do that, and I said I didn't like the idea of the car being dumped off at my house in case there are any fitment or other issues. She said "oh yeah, totally makes sense" and proceeded to change my delivery to a pickup at the service center. In 2 minutes it was done, and still scheduled for the 7th.
She did confirm that the home deliveries do arrive at the service center first. So, there's a chance that I could get it earlier than the 7th, since it will likely arrive at the service center tomorrow.
I called them 2 days before my delivery and just asked ... "is there any way I can pick it up tomorrow?" She asked me to hold and then came back and asked if I wanted it in an hour. I did. :)

Also ... UFF YEH! You finally got your VIN!

I believe it has updated now with an option to “Stay connected to Wifi in Drive”

Like shifting out of Park into Reverse or Drive.
Sorry for not responding sooner. So, on the latter point, yes: when I had my MS about 18 months ago, you could easily use the iPhone’s Wi-Fi hotspot for basically everything you’d use for the Premium service, but as soon as you put it into Drive or Reverse or anything other than what it was in at the time, you’d lose the connection. If there’s a new setting to avoid that, that could be interesting.

Reactions: Hiline
Sorry for not responding sooner. So, on the latter point, yes: when I had my MS about 18 months ago, you could easily use the iPhone’s Wi-Fi hotspot for basically everything you’d use for the Premium service, but as soon as you put it into Drive or Reverse or anything other than what it was in at the time, you’d lose the connection. If there’s a new setting to avoid that, that could be interesting.
I believe one of the recent updates did in fact add a setting for that.

Welp took delivery of the car today:

• It was a bit dirty
  • There were smudges on the interior that look like they'll come out with a nice detailing
  • One of the trunk lift hydraulics was missing the rubber housing
  • They don't really seem interested in walking the car with you for imperfections and panel gaps, they just tell you that you have 3-days to schedule free service
  • Car didn't need calibrating for Autopilot ( but strangely only had 11 miles on the odometer)
  • No Matrix
  • Yes Ryzen
  • VIN 237XXX
  • Car Drives like a weightless little spaceship ❤️
Overall I'm not thrilled with the waiting/delivery experience with this car. The car is incredible, however. Was it worth the wait, yes, however I don't feel like a valued customer

View attachment 811093
View attachment 811094
Mobile connector has interchangeable plugs you can buy for various outlets and max charge rate of 32A.

Corded mobile connector only has a fixed 14-50 plug and max charge rate of 40A.
Graduation Day! Matrix headlights, Hankook tires. Easiest car buying experience ever - only 106 days! No defects at all.View attachment 811912
Hang in there! It really is worth the wait!
Beautiful color! So glad your wait is over. Enjoy the ride:)

Hi everyone! Had a quick question .... if i get a text from tesla regarding a trade in even though when i initially ordered i never selected that option does that mean i should be getting my VIN soon?

OOD - March 18th Blue LR, Black Interior, 19 Inch Wheels, No FSD
EDD 1 - July
EDD 2 - June 4th - July 16th
EDD 3 - May 2nd - June 6th
EDD 3 - June 6th - July 11th
EDD 4 - June 8th - July 6th
EDD 5 - June 12th - June 26th

Sit tight. You and I have the same EDD. I also happen to be trading in and awaiting VIN assignment. It will be assigned to us eventually.

Today, I received the car with non matrix lights and Michelin mxm4 T1 . It had some issues with painting. All clear now. A couple of interior problems with sealed B and C pillar off that we already requested a service on app after received the car. Tesla said we should report and request for the services in 24 hrs after delivery or pick up.
Thank you all for your understanding and supporting!!!
I hope you guys’ delivery will be smooth and easy too.

Attachments

• 10E547CF-AEA3-4001-8452-5247271EE83F.jpeg
    10E547CF-AEA3-4001-8452-5247271EE83F.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 71
Just got the delivery text and scheduled for June 7th.
It's really strange that they're doing a home delivery, since I'm 15 minutes from the Tesla center that I chose for pickup. I mean, technically the car carrier has to pass my house to get to the service center.
They automatically set me up for delivery as well. I called SA and he switched it to pick up for me. It might even speed up the delivery window too. Congrats TJ

Reactions: T-J- and jpaychek