Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today was my graduation. Everything went really smooth. The car was almost perfect. I found a little issue with the passenger door being a little misaligned. It’s definitely not that bad but paying this much for a vehicle it needs to be right. Talked to a couple different service guys before I left and they assured me they could adjust it. Service appointment scheduled.

My car had Matrix Headlights, Michelins, Mobile Charger and AMD Ryzen. People may get tired of hearing this but the wait is truly worth it!

Attachments

• C4C6DE42-6DC3-43E3-BE50-C35FAE225B94.jpeg
    C4C6DE42-6DC3-43E3-BE50-C35FAE225B94.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
While mentioning insurance I wanted to add how crazy the rates can be. I had Geico before and when I last received a quote it came in at $134, which seemed reasonable. Now that I tried it with my actual VIN it's $254, not happening. So I checked around online and Esurance and Nationwide were both really good and offered great coverage. Nationwide was $94/month and I added a few extras to settle in at $110. I'm thrilled with that.
Question, do you know if insurance companies count the year for birthdays or the exact date? I'm just shy of 25 and when I get my car (hopefully June 2nd - June 16th) I will still be 24. Reason I'm asking is that I know at 25, the insurance rate plummets.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Question, do you know if insurance companies count the year for birthdays or the exact date? I'm just shy of 25 and when I get my car (hopefully June 2nd - June 16th) I will still be 24. Reason I'm asking is that I know at 25, the insurance rate plummets.
I don't know the answer to that but perhaps someone here can help. I do know that I was asked for my exact birth date for all of the quotes I requested.

Reactions: PixelatedRolex
When you get asked to upload insurance do you upload insurance eon my current vehicle or do I upload a new card with the Tesla listed?
You just need something for the new policy that lists the M3. The app wouldn't take mine earlier today so I sent a text to the SA (which for me is usually a random person in Cali) and today the delivery location messaged me back with an email address for sending the policy. They also said not to stress over the insurance and that it wouldn't delay my delivery. I may have jokingly requested an hourly update on my car's travels from Fremont to their center, and as usual, they ignored my poor attempt at humor. :)

Reactions: PixelatedRolex
You'll just have to bear the under-25 insurance rate until you turn 25. Remember to call the insurer to revise their rate on your birthday!

When you get asked to upload insurance do you upload insurance eon my current vehicle or do I upload a new card with the Tesla listed?
Depends on your state laws.
Not sure about laws in GA, but in Alberta all vehicles need valid current insurance, there's no such thing as a grace period where you can drive off the lot using your old insurance.
My SA just asked me to apply for a new policy the before delivery and then upload the new policy card PDF - this was after my SA reached out me to confirm that my car was in the lot and passed inspection and was just waiting for me.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
Welp took delivery of the car today:

• It was a bit dirty
  • There were smudges on the interior that look like they'll come out with a nice detailing
  • One of the trunk lift hydraulics was missing the rubber housing
  • They don't really seem interested in walking the car with you for imperfections and panel gaps, they just tell you that you have 3-days to schedule free service
  • Car didn't need calibrating for Autopilot ( but strangely only had 11 miles on the odometer)
  • No Matrix
  • Yes Ryzen
  • VIN 237XXX
  • Car Drives like a weightless little spaceship ❤️
Overall I'm not thrilled with the waiting/delivery experience with this car. The car is incredible, however. Was it worth the wait, yes, however I don't feel like a valued customer

View attachment 811093
View attachment 811094
First congratulations on your wait is over! On your picture mine looks like that too and the left is covered with a black accordion tube. So I wonder if that is the way its suppose to look. Humm.

So my estimate on the LR M3 I just ordered is November 2022 to January 2023. Looking at the tracker spreadsheet, it looks like 90 days is the average right now. Is that what most of you are seeing?

I have a feeling that average is gonna get a whole lot longer. My OD was 5/21, currently my EDD is 11/26 - 1/21. IF nothing changes and it comes in on the earliest day of my EDD I'm looking at 189 days. I'm ok with it as I expected a long wait with demand being higher and shortages on damn near everything right now. Just gives me more time to save for my downpayment. Was hoping to put 25k down, might now be closer to 27 or 28.

@T-J—I think your VIN will finally come at lucky #14 (I knew you’d break the EDD record!).
Look who predicted you’d get your VIN with your 14th EDD? Congrats!

Who else needs me to make some random predictions and pass along some good luck? 😝

Well, you know this thread is going to be exploding with VINs during the next 3.5 weeks. Excited for you all!