Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my SA seems to be ghosting me this past week, and I'm scheduled to pickup the car Monday. Does anyone have a good number to call to talk to a representative? I am not going to get the check made until I get confirmation of the headlights and such. The text number i have is the generic 510-369-1556. Should I just try calling the number listed in google for that location, or a specific Tesla number?
Just dial your dealer's number. It basically takes you to Tesla HQ either way.

Reactions: Originalando
I wish more people went back and filled this out after they got their VINs. The data here is definitely painting the wrong picture. 44 Day average from Order to VIN has gotta be way off from reality 😂
Your point is valid but keep in mind the spreadsheet is using data from several years so the numbers would have likely been much lower before the recent explosion of orders.

Well, I lived through two full days of my 2-week window. On day 3, I got an update: 6/1 - 6/15 6/6 - 6/15. I guess they're stating the obvious, that it won't be delivered on June 1, 2, or 3...but it sure is nice to see the 6/15 remain in place. No VIN in source code (or elsewhere), but what do you folks think? A chance it's coming any minute now???😎
I have the exact window for mine.
Fingers crossed!

Me when I see someone with an order date after mine, receive a VIN (or delivery)😂
1654265388118.gif

Ok, now that I've calmed down a bit....
Woke up this morning to no change to my EDD. About an hour later I checked again, and I noticed the button on the app had changed to "Continue". I was thinking it was odd, as there wasn't a VIN listed in the top left corner.
I clicked the button and I saw that it wanted my insurance information and payment. I woke my wife up and said "I think I got my VIN". I then noticed that my EDD had also changed to June 5-8. I still wasn't totally convinced this was happening, so I logged into my Tesla account on my computer.
And that's where I saw that beautiful VIN for the first time.
Love at first sight.
Since then I've had time to upload my insurance and submit payment info. I'm waiting to hear from an SA regarding delivery. If it's leaving Fremont today, it takes 2 days to arrive, so the EDD sounds about right. Of course, I want it NOW, but I can wait a few more days.
Thanks for all of your support these past 100 days.
I'm sticking around to keep the hope alive for all of the others that are furiously checking their apps for a VIN (even though they ordered last week!).
Congrats my man! Its been a long time coming for you! Very excited, you better post like 5 pics when you get her!

Reactions: T-J-
I thought some of you may find this interesting. The user talks about his experience with the CCS adapter. For some of you, this may be something to really consider as it gives you some great charging options. We don't have a single one in my area so I may hold off a little longer but it would be valuable when traveling.

There are some good CCS1 Adapter threads here on TMC where folks have bought a CCS1 adapter from South Korea through an intermediary company. Here is one link: CCS1 Adapters

Last edited:
Have you got your registration confirmation text yet? Sometimes the time from VIN to delivery is very short. I’ve seen 3 days.
Yeah I took delivery 4 days after receiving my vin. Hiline I predict you will be getting your vin by the end of the weekend. Your configuration is exactly the same as mine, also west coast and OD was 5 days after me. Your in good shape.

Just got my vin 271… how long do I have to wait for text for delivery schedule? Edd 6/13-6/19
Congrats. It all depends. A SA should be reaching out to you but if they don’t you will receive text to schedule delivery. My delivery text came about 5 hours after I received my vin. Just make sure you schedule right away so you don’t lose your car once you receive the delivery text. You also should be able to complete your insurance now through the app.

Reactions: Nfletcher