Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question. I’m paying this vehicle in full and was wondering does Tesla expect cash? Like actual paper cash where I can pay it at the service center? Or would it have to be a check? I’ve paid many vehicles in cash cash but I do know some dealers don’t expect actual cash. Was wondering the case for Tesla.
Payment is usually by certified cheque or bank draft.

Your point is valid but keep in mind the spreadsheet is using data from several years so the numbers would have likely been much lower before the recent explosion of orders.
You can filter the old orders out.
What happens if you put the hold on your account? Is it different than just rejecting delivery?
It's the same as rejecting delivery.

Guys I need some talking down off the ledge. I just checked the Tesla used site and they have a 2021 Red w White interior MY with 35K on it in north chicago right now.

Its almost the same price as my new M3 with still two weeks to go.

I initially wanted the Y super bad just couldn't justify the extra 9K price difference (between the 22 3 and Y), plus the long wait times for it. This one though might be worth it.

2021 Model Y​

Model Y Long Range All-Wheel Drive
34,809 mile odometer
Highland Park, IL

• 4.8 s
  • 0-60 mph
  • 135 mph
    Top Speed
  • 326 mi
    range (EPA est.)
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • No Reported Accidents/Damage
  • 30-Day Premium Connectivity Trial
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 1654290852128.jpeg
    1654290852128.jpeg
    1.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 1654290852252.jpeg
    1654290852252.jpeg
    2.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 1654290852192.jpeg
    1654290852192.jpeg
    1.6 KB · Views: 52
Guys I need some talking down off the ledge. I just checked the Tesla used site and they have a 2021 Red w White interior MY with 35K on it in north chicago right now.

I initially wanted the Y super bad just couldn't justify the extra 9K price difference (between the 22 3 and Y), plus the long wait times for it. This one though might be worth it.

2021 Model Y​

34,809 mile odometer
Highland Park, IL

• 4.8 s
  • 0-60 mph
  • 135 mph
    Top Speed
  • 326 mi
    range (EPA est.)
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior

Thoughts?
If it's Tesla selling it you can ask that the FSD be removed so the actual purchase price can be lower.

Nope, you don't need to pay anything. As long as you make your service appointment within 3-days of delivery everything will be covered. When you go into the app to schedule a service appointment, they will show a list of the closest service centers and what date/time's they have available. You can just pick the service center and time slot that works best for you.
3 days after delivery? Ive only had my car for 10 days since delivery. That's crazy because how would we know we are missing a cover, or missing parts in that timeframe other than finding out this amazing forum on TMC.

Reactions: jpaychek
Washed the car for the first time today, and I know I was warned but the front of this car sure is one huge bug magnet! 5 Days of mostly around town driving and there must have been over 100 bug splatters on there. It’s like they’re purposely flying into it or something!

Reactions: Tinkerin

2021 Model Y​

34,809 mile odometer
Highland Park, IL

• 4.8 s
  • 0-60 mph
  • 135 mph
    Top Speed
  • 326 mi
    range (EPA est.)
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior

Thoughts?
What is this? A picture for ants!?

2021 Model Y​

34,809 mile odometer
Highland Park, IL

• 4.8 s
  • 0-60 mph
  • 135 mph
    Top Speed
  • 326 mi
    range (EPA est.)
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior

Thoughts?
You only live once. If you wanted an SUV, you won't like how cramped the Model 3 is and you'll be left bitter about your decision. 1 year and 35k miles is not much use on a Model Y. Go for it.

"ALL" April and later orders is a pretty bold statement to make.

Myself and 3 others I know who have ordered from Cleveland in April have been driving our brand new cars for 2 weeks + now.

It is rare for most locations, but for whatever reason Cleveland orders get processed pretty fast, the SA at that SC told me that their average order to delivery timeframe is around 30 days as of 2 weeks ago, in fact they told me that the "EDD" is a garbage corporate date.

Again judging from everybody's experience on this forum, our "luck" is extremely rare, however, it's still possible.
WOW! I wish I lived in Cleveland!! Congrats!

You only live once. If you wanted an SUV, you won't like how cramped the Model 3 is and you'll be left bitter about your decision. 1 year and 35k miles is not much use on a Model Y. Go for it.
Im thinking of all the differences between the 3 and the Y of those years and its prob not worth it. I have made it this far whats a few more weeks lol.

I think I talked myself down, thanks guys!

Im thinking of all the differences between the 3 and the Y of those years and its prob not worth it. I have made it this far whats a few more weeks lol.

I think I talked myself down, thanks guys!
For a big guy like me, the size of the Model 3 is an instant regret ordering it. I once hit my head and realized how short it is compared to my Camry. Definitely will take a long time to get used to.

I'll take it if you don't want it. It's the exact same configuration that I am waiting for and I am in SoCal too. :) It feels like it will never happen for me. My EDD is not changing and the wait is excruciating. Especially, when you see people around you getting their VINs close to or after your OD.

I'll take it if you don't want it. It's the exact same configuration that I am waiting for and I am in SoCal too. :) It feels like it will never happen for me. My EDD is not changing and the wait is excruciating. Especially, when you see people around you getting their VINs close to or after your OD.
You're not alone. I'm in the same boat!

For a big guy like me, the size of the Model 3 is an instant regret ordering it. I once hit my head and realized how short it is compared to my Camry. Definitely will take a long time to get used to.
If you still want a Model Y, there are sometimes people who sell a reservation with the old price so you can save some money and get your vehicle sooner. FYI.