Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me, the P is a worse option even at the same price. I'm moving up from an i3 because of the hard ride & tires and bad roads where I drive. The M3LR is extremely quick already.

I would rather pay for things like *) hatchback like BMW i4 or polestar, *) additional HUD or driver display *) sound insulation and higher quality interior *) wheels & tires which don't rash *) cameras all around for 360 view to help prevent wheels from being scraped *) Enhanced Autopilot !! *) imaging radar for better ADAS *) seat massager *) physical rain sensor like everyone else
Same here.

The price difference for the P to me is not worth the barely any physical changes inside or out. The 20” wheels would easily get damaged on our poorly maintained streets (and I don’t like the design of the Uberturbines). Plus they come with summer tires so I would also need new tires for winter. The only thing I want on the P is the spoiler.

Maybe if it had more uniquely differentiated bumpers and interior (real CF trim, more sporty seats, red interior option, etc) it would be more “worth it” in my eyes. The acceleration is definitely more brutal (too brutal…I was making myself nauseous on my test drive…) but completely unnecessary for daily use and I’m not going to track it.

Ok, the post you've all been waiting for....
TJ has graduated!!!!
Picked up this morning at 10am without any issues. Car looks spotless. I signed my registration paperwork and was on my way. SA was very nice and reminded me of the 24hrs to let them know about anything and to be as picky as I want.
My only complaint is that the A/C seems to take a bit to get the heat out of the car. It's only about 100 degrees right now, so I'm hoping it can keep up when it's over 110.
Matrix lights. Double pane glass.
Everyone, please meet, the Black Pearl:

Attachments

• IMG_4088.PNG
    IMG_4088.PNG
    375.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_4086.jpeg
    IMG_4086.jpeg
    905.2 KB · Views: 82
  • InkedIMG_4087_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_4087_LI.jpg
    831.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
said to myself i wouldnt do it..but i just changed my order to LR..this gas prices have been really hard..5.3 usd here in arizona is insane..od was 4/09 blue, black interior,no fsd,aero wheels..Current edd even with the change is 08/7 to 09/18..
I wish we were 5.30. I’m in the far far far burbs (aka bordering corn fields) of Chicago and we have hit 6 dollars. I don’t know how families with make minimum wage can afford gas these days… my gas bill between my wife and me is already $200 since the start of June

Reactions: dgoodlan
TJ has graduated!!!!
Picked up this morning at 10am without any issues. Car looks spotless. I signed my registration paperwork and was on my way. SA was very nice and reminded me of the 24hrs to let them know about anything and to be as picky as I want.
My only complaint is that the A/C seems to take a bit to get the heat out of the car. It's only about 100 degrees right now, so I'm hoping it can keep up when it's over 110.
Congrats! She’s a beauty! You and Captain Jack will be the envy of the lanes 😜. Glad your sticking around for the newbies. Elon should give you some free charging miles for all you’ve done for future owners. 😊

Thirteen EDDs? You are without a doubt the worst Tesla buyer I've ever heard of.

Edit: Oops. Forgot the reason I came here to post.

Visit Troy Teslike at Twitter for a bunch of production graphs and such. Much of it is global or specific to Model Y, but it's interesting stuff. One interesting item is that Model 3 production has switched from a 43/44/12 split between SR/LR/P trims in Q4 2021 to a 10/72/17 split in Q2 2022. That's pretty dramatic.

https://twitter.com/TroyTeslike

Last edited:
I think I already know the answer to this, but the beginning of my 2 week window starts on Thursday. I know pushbacks normally happen the morning of the second day (at least for me and from what I've seen). Are vins normally assigned randomly throughout the 2 week window though or are they assigned towards the beginning? I've been checking the source code but haven't seen anything yet.

14 hours until delivery. Drove through the lot and the car must be inside the service center getting detailed and prepped for tomorrow!
Also got the email for the "meet your Tesla" video chat. I doubt I'll be doing that later this month.
I'm sure I'll say it again tomorrow when I graduate, but I can't thank all of you enough for the fun I've had here the last 4 months. Between the posts, the support and the followers (yeah, I have people following me!), it's been quite the ride.
And, because of that support, I'll be sticking around to help the next batch of Tesla owners get through all of their ups and downs.
Next update will be tomorrow!
TJ has graduated!!!!
🥳FINALLY!!! 🎉🎉🎉Congrats TJ on a beautiful Tesla.😍 Now you can relax and enjoy the Black Pearl! 😄

• Love
Reactions: scootp88 and T-J-
I think I already know the answer to this, but the beginning of my 2 week window starts on Thursday. I know pushbacks normally happen the morning of the second day (at least for me and from what I've seen). Are vins normally assigned randomly throughout the 2 week window though or are they assigned towards the beginning? I've been checking the source code but haven't seen anything yet.
Typically, VINs are assigned before you enter your EDD. I've seen some people get their VIN on the 1st or 2nd day of their EDD though.
Based on what I've seen, I'd be willing to bet that if you don't get your VIN before you enter your EDD, you'll get a new EDD on the second day of your current EDD.

Thirteen EDDs? You are without a doubt the worst Tesla buyer I've ever heard of.

Edit: Oops. Forgot the reason I came here to post.

Visit Troy Teslike at Twitter for a bunch of production graphs and such. Much of it is global or specific to Model Y, but it's interesting stuff. One interesting item is that Model 3 production has switched from a 43/44/12 split between SR/LR/P trims in Q4 2021 to a 10/72/17 split in Q2 2022. That's pretty dramatic.

https://twitter.com/TroyTeslike
But you have heard of him 😄

So much for vision only full autonomy 🥴🫣
It might be for another class of vehicle. The Cybertruck comes to mind, with FSD allowing it to drive places where trucks go but conventional cars typically do not. Some back country dirt road might very well need radar to understand road obstructions, uneven road widths, etc. I wouldn't think that the Semi would need anything more than a car. It should have a great view, being so much taller.

Given the latest user videos and the expansion of the FSD program, Tesla Vision seems to be doing quite well. For mainstream driving, people are largely no longer talking about disengagements and are now instead talking about the quality of the driving. Slower over speed bumps, where the car is placed within a lane, stuff like that. We'll see how their latest treatment of unprotected lefts works out.

TJ has graduated!!!!
Hello Black Pearl. I need to invent a name for mine. Probably Eclipse.