Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't wait until I get my M3LR and I love AZ window tint laws..lol It's the first thing I'm doing once I get it.

Tint darkness for sedans: Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed above the manufacturer's AS-1 line. Front Side windows: Must allow more than 33% of light in. Back Side windows: Any darkness can be used. Rear Window: Any darkness can be used.
Arizona definitely needs darker tinting to survive the heat and save your eyes!

This probably goes without saying, but the days between "have a VIN / have a delivery date" and "have order date / have a VIN" are 10 times more brutal. 6/7 - 6/11. I'm just stuck. Truck must be stuck in miserable I-5 traffic, or getting raided in Portland right now...
I feel the same here. Wonder what's taking so long. Shouldn't take too long on train to Alabama and then truck to Atlanta.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
I’m not sure about that. I actually appreciate the ability to pay more for faster delivery. I didn’t end up doing this, but if I had really wanted to get my car sooner I could have. This is simply customer segmentation. Not all customers want the car the same; those who want more can pay for more.
Paying $500 to expedite shipping is one thing. Paying $500 to move up in line is different because others lose out as a result of your gain. When demand exceeds supply, the game becomes zero sum; your gain is someone else's loss. That's why simply queueing up and everyone waiting their turn like reasonable human beings is the best way to deal with this.

Disclosure. I paid the bribe and shouldered my way to the front of the line. For me it was more panic than anything else (Ukraine). If I had it to do over again, I'd wait. There's a certain warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from enduring a difficult situation with everyone being equals.
Delaware laws allow 70% VLT (Visible Light Transmission which is same as 30% tint)
[emphasis mine] AHA!! SEE! SEE! I'm not the only one who thinks of "N% tint" as the amount of blockage. I'm vindicated!

Edit:
I still want to tint my new car to protect myself from UV, IR and Solar radiation as well as to limit what random people can see in my vehicle. I plan to visit Tint World to get a better feel for what darkness is best for me. I've never had tint on any of my vehicles before so I'm really looking forward to a new experience.
Wouldn't it be great to have variable opacity on car windows? Police could turn off the tint due to "probable cause" (contentious, I know), we could set the VLT according to the environment (rainy day in New York versus a sunny day in Arizona), and even make the windows opaque if camping.

Last edited:
Reactions: jpaychek
I feel the same here. Wonder what's taking so long. Shouldn't take too long on train to Alabama and then truck to Atlanta.
A freight train takes a week to cross the country (Alabama isn't quite all the way across). Then the cars may sit in a lot for a couple days while they wait for various truckers to come by and move the cars. Then they'll sit at the delivery site for a couple days while they get inspected, washed, charged, paperwork prepared and so on. Quickly checks the order spreadsheet Georgia runs an average of two weeks from VIN to delivery. In contrast, California averages 4 days.

We've had a few Jersey users say it was exactly two weeks for them so I would think yours would be a little faster than that. My car will go by rail to Birmingham and that's only seven hours from my delivery center so I can't see it being too much longer for me.
My delivery center is only 2 hours away from Birmingham so hopefully soon!

Paying $500 to expedite shipping is one thing. Paying $500 to move up in line is different because others lose out as a result of your gain.

It's really not much different. When you pay for priority boarding, you're getting in front of the line at the expense of others. When you pay for expedited shipping, your shipment gets prioritized over others. There are many more examples of this. When resources are constrained, paying more to get to the front of the line is not uncommon practice.

for what its worth, i got the text saying it left the factory on the 31st. I never got a text to schedule delivery yet either. EDD is 06/12 - 06/16 with pick up in Atlanta. I messaged my SA yesterday 06/07 asking if they had any updates on its movement. All they messaged back was that its scheduled to be delivered to Atlanta-Decatur location on the 14th. I'm just a couple hours away from birmingham.
We are in the same boat. I am one day behind you and picking up at the same location.

Reactions: DamienSteele
Wouldn't it be great to have variable opacity on car windows? Police could turn off the tint due to "probable cause" (contentious, I know), we could set the VLT according to the environment (rainy day in New York versus a sunny day in Arizona), and even make the windows opaque if camping.
That thought blows my mind, that's genius. I don't think its that far from impossible especially if the tech already exists!

Reactions: jpaychek
Southern California has movement! Just woke up to a new EDD and a 2 week window of June 15th to June 29th

M3LR/MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD/Temecula, CA Pick up
OD: 3/12, EDD1: May, EDD2 6/9-7/14, EDD3 6/12-7/10, EDD4 6/15-6/29
Same Here.
Got mine updated this morning June 16th to June 30th in SoCal.

Also in SoCal and woke up to a new EDD of 06/15-06/29, but no VIN in sight (listed or in source code) just yet.

For those using the app, order details:
M3LR | MSM | Black Int | 18" Aero | No FSD
OD: 03/12 | EDD 1: late May/mid-June | EDD 2 (05/08): 06/09-07/14 | EDD 3 (05/23): 06/11-07/09 | EDD 4 (06/08): 06/15-06/29
Orange County, CA / Buena Park pickup

Ok, the post you've all been waiting for....
TJ has graduated!!!!
Picked up this morning at 10am without any issues. Car looks spotless. I signed my registration paperwork and was on my way. SA was very nice and reminded me of the 24hrs to let them know about anything and to be as picky as I want.
My only complaint is that the A/C seems to take a bit to get the heat out of the car. It's only about 100 degrees right now, so I'm hoping it can keep up when it's over 110.
Matrix lights. Double pane glass.
Everyone, please meet, the Black Pearl:
My life is complete. ENJOY! I’m out.

Reactions: Guylo and T-J-
Been ordering accessories to help deal with the wait time! Got floor mats in yesterday and CCS adapter just arrived. Some places I commonly travel to have closer CCS stations to them versus Tesla super chargers, so wanted to just have this as a back up option when traveling.
I've been ordering everything I'll never need while waiting for my delivery. It's a painful process.
I just got my CSS combo adapter yesterday as well.

Let's stay patient

Hi Anyone have experience selling their used cars to ALGO Auto Lender , I was set on selling to TESLA but after i priced with ALGO they were pretty good at following up and kept bumpign their price everytime i turned down since the difference wasnt much . Now they are offering 2K more than Tesla or another websites offered . Just checkign to see if anyone had positive experience with them.

Also I accepted the Trade in offer from Tesla , i dont see any option to remove it . Do i have to call the SA now or wait till I am done with ALGO. My delivery is scheduled for Monday.