Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received and responded to the scheduling text. I am set up for 6/20. I think I am one of the lucky ones. Excepting the order date delivery statement of "May", all my EDDs ended up being pretty accurate in the end. 95 days, end to end. I did not ask about tires, headlights or chip, nor do I plan to. None of these will impact my decision to accept the car, so I will wait and be surprised.

You guys are right things move at lightening speed now.. received a vin this am, got financing done at my credit union and have a pick up for this Sunday at 1 pm already. Whew what a day. !!!
My credit union was able to cut me a check for the financing on the spot, I called my delivery location to see if i could take delivery this afternoon 😂, but they said unfortunately the person who does vehicle prep was gone for the day. So just less than 24 hours to go before pickup for me.

Why not? We have freedom of speech right?
I would have to guess with your order date that you are close to getting a VIN, I would think definitely before the end of this month. A piece of advice i would share with the other pending CA orders is to have everything in motion such as financing prior, because once you get the VIN you might be able to take delivery in as short as 2 or 3 days.

Quick question to the group. If you were able to choose between the same options model Tesla 3 LR one 2021 so no Ryzen and no li-ion battery and wipers heat, but comes with FSD, it had 3500 miles and only cost $2k more than the exact same one but brand new and thus with Ryzen and li-ion battery which would you choose? The used one one has 3500 with fsd but slower chip and cost a little more and the new one doesn’t has the fsd and 2k cheaper

My credit union was able to cut me a check for the financing on the spot, I called my delivery location to see if i could take delivery this afternoon 😂, but they said unfortunately the person who does vehicle prep was gone for the day. So just less than 24 hours to go before pickup for me.
Same here but I knew I couldn’t pick up so ill pick up check the day before

Reactions: Dee Jay
Quick question to the group. If you were able to choose between the same options model Tesla 3 LR one 2021 so no Ryzen and no li-ion battery and wipers heat, but comes with FSD, it had 3500 miles and only cost $2k more than the exact same one but brand new and thus with Ryzen and li-ion battery which would you choose? The used one one has 3500 with fsd but slower chip and cost a little more and the new one doesn’t has the fsd and 2k cheaper
Ask anyone with experience between the Intel chip and the Ryzen chip. FSD with the Intel chip is crap. You need the faster screen refresh provided by the Ryzen chip, especially with all the new graphics seen in the FSD beta. I would bet the person is getting rid of the car with the older chip and will buy a new one with the Ryzen chip. Can’t retrofit the Ryzen chip.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maric and USA2DAY
Ask anyone with experience between the Intel chip and the Ryzen chip. FSD with the Intel chip is crap. You need the faster screen refresh provided by the Ryzen chip, especially with all the new graphics seen in the FSD beta. I would bet the person is getting rid of the older chip and will buy a new one with the Ryzen chip. Can’t retrofit the Ryzen chip.
Thank you this is a valuable point of view!
However wouldn’t they have to do something for the people that paid for fsd if this affects them

It’s a VIN!! And it’s beautiful :)

Sitting pool side at the dells and just opened the app to the Bluetooth prompt and knew right away.

67D942F0-8854-4520-A15A-DB2995358655.jpeg

I live next to Fremont. OD 03/09 and no sign of VIN. Seriously considering cancelling the order and buy a lexus hybrid instead.
My mom tried getting an RX450h, but they didn't have the colour she wanted and didn't know when the next batch would be coming.
After gas spiked to $1.91/L on Monday that's when she called it and asked me to help her place an order for a base spec model Y - EDD 03/2023 - 06/2023

Reactions: jpaychek