Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, the post you've all been waiting for....
TJ has graduated!!!!
Picked up this morning at 10am without any issues. Car looks spotless. I signed my registration paperwork and was on my way. SA was very nice and reminded me of the 24hrs to let them know about anything and to be as picky as I want.
My only complaint is that the A/C seems to take a bit to get the heat out of the car. It's only about 100 degrees right now, so I'm hoping it can keep up when it's over 110.
Matrix lights. Double pane glass.
Everyone, please meet, the Black Pearl:
Alright, I think I can now retire from this forum with the satisfaction that @T-J- finally has his car!

Enjoy mate!

Got my VIN this morning. Originally they offered home delivery but I'm in an apartment and it's not a good place for delivery. I contacted them and they set me up for delivery at local Tesla service center. They offered delivery for tomorrow so I took it.

M3LR, MSM, White interior, 18", no FSD, Los Angeles
270xxx

Sorry forgot to record dates of all the edd changes.
OD: March 13
1st edd: May 22 - July 3
2nd edd: May 15 - June 19
3rd edd: May 27 - June 24
4th edd: June 7 - June 21
5th edd (6/4) - June 8 - June 21
(6/8) - VIN
Delivery 6/9

Got my VIN this morning. Originally they offered home delivery but I'm in an apartment and it's not a good place for delivery. I contacted them and they set me up for delivery at local Tesla service center. They offered delivery for tomorrow so I took it.

M3LR, MSM, White interior, 18", no FSD, Los Angeles
270xxx

Sorry forgot to record dates of all the edd changes.
OD: March 13
1st edd: May 22 - July 3
2nd edd: May 15 - June 19
3rd edd: May 27 - June 24
4th edd: June 7 - June 21
5th edd (6/4) - June 8 - June 21
(6/8) - VIN
Delivery 6/9
When was you first EDD update? My EDD hasn’t changed in a month…

Same OD and spec as yours. I just spoke to the a person at Tesla a hour ago and he stated that my order is expected for 2nd or 3rd week of July. Not happy to hear that from these seeing all these fine people of this forum getting their cars before me. I really wish that Tesla would be better at sending out vehicles closer to the individuals OD rather than a random free for all.

Fingers crossed for ya!! I was hoping with a March 12th OD I would be lucky to get mine within the 2nd quarter push.
Hopefully you’ll get pushed up bro. I doubt that 1 day would make weeks of difference. Probably end of this month or first week of next. Keep us posted.

Reactions: jpaychek
Good news bad news! Got a delivery date (6/15) but they re-routed me to a new pickup location and aren’t opening until next week. Lame, but I guess now I have a date

….

One week away

….

Shouldn’t be too bad of a wait

….

Right?
Are you picking up at the new Fife Location???? I’m in Tacoma so Fife is closer than Renton. I drive past that new space daily and I’ve noticed more activity but I thought it was just the service side opening.

Are you picking up at the new Fife Location???? I’m in Tacoma so Fife is closer than Renton. I drive past that new space daily and I’ve noticed more activity but I thought it was just the service side opening.
Yep, sure am. A lot more room than there is in Renton, from what I can see! I was nervous because navigating the parking lot is like 10/10 difficulty in a 4Runner in Renton, so this brand new place seems nice. That being said, it's 20 minutes south of me, and I have to do this on a work day, so it basically means I'm missing the whole day (good or bad, depending on perspective...)

Where did they route you to?
There is a brand new Fife location...opened up like, a couple days ago. I don't even know if it's "Open" yet, honestly, because I called Tesla and begged for a delivery date that wasn't during a 3-day conference on the 14th - 16th next week, but they said they don't even start doing "deliveries" until Monday (6/13) and the first available appointment is Tuesday (6/14), so I guess I'm going to have to fake COVID and miss a day at the conference or something. Just need to have my wife do a pregnancy test (she's 19 weeks) and then email a photo of it -- I'm sure no one will know it's not a COVID test!

(For legal reasons: I was joking about faking a test)

Quick question to the group. If you were able to choose between the same options model Tesla 3 LR one 2021 so no Ryzen and no li-ion battery and wipers heat, but comes with FSD, it had 3500 miles and only cost $2k more than the exact same one but brand new and thus with Ryzen and li-ion battery which would you choose? The used one one has 3500 with fsd but slower chip and cost a little more and the new one doesn’t has the fsd and 2k cheaper
It's unclear whether FSD will ever really be a benefit or will require additional hardware upgrades. The updated CPU and especially li-ion accessory battery are clear wins. Also the 2021 has a year less warranty. There are inevitably service calls and potential stranding from a lead acid 12V going bad which can happen suddenly.

I'm taking the 2022.

Yep, sure am. A lot more room than there is in Renton, from what I can see! I was nervous because navigating the parking lot is like 10/10 difficulty in a 4Runner in Renton, so this brand new place seems nice. That being said, it's 20 minutes south of me, and I have to do this on a work day, so it basically means I'm missing the whole day (good or bad, depending on perspective...)
Hmmm if Fife is 20 min south of you then wouldn’t Renton be closer? They better not assign me to Fife because Renton is like 10 min from me lol. But logistically for them Fife is probably better with more space for larger shipments and right off a major freeway for easier car carrier access.

Reactions: Pryze
I’m 2 days from my EDD window and no VIN yet
I received my VIN today which was the first day of my 2 week window.
the window this morning was June 8 - Jun 21.
then I got the VIN.
Then the EDD window jumped to June 12 - June 16.
Then I received a text to schedule delivery.
The home delivery was available for 6/11.
OD: 3/29
DD: 6/11

It's unclear whether FSD will ever really be a benefit or will require additional hardware upgrades. The updated CPU and especially li-ion accessory battery are clear wins. Also the 2021 has a year less warranty. There are inevitably service calls and potential stranding from a lead acid 12V going bad which can happen suddenly.

I'm taking the 2022.
Thank you for your input.

Any fellow owners/future owners in the Fife/Renton/Seattle/Bellevue area that recommend a tinting place? I had someone do my Accord a year or so ago and I'm not super happy with it, so maybe looking to change it up.

Mind is wide open on recs and want to schedule something quick before my kids defile the windows with their sticky-hand-kid-filth

Reactions: Guy Maughan
I’m just one day behind you and we are in the same general area so I’m hopeful we both get vins in the next couple days. 🤞🏽
Love the optimism! I’m on my 3rd 2-week window so I guess I’d forgotten that a VIN was a likely outcome— was expecting another push in a few days. Given the VINs popping up in SoCal and BC perhaps our time has come? There are several of the Seattle folks hovering in the 90-days-post-OD now… CC @E90alex

Love the optimism! I’m on my 3rd 2-week window so I guess I’d forgotten that a VIN was a likely outcome— was expecting another push in a few days. Given the VINs popping up in SoCal and BC perhaps our time has come? There are several of the Seattle folks hovering in the 90-days-post-OD now… CC @E90alex
I’m sure they’re lining up a batch of WA cars for production this very moment and we’ll all get VINs in the next couple days... 😅🤞🏼