Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called my SC to get an update (car still hasn’t arrived) and he told me it’s due in on Saturday. I told him all tasks are completed and I’m ready to pick up now. He said ‘Great, I’ll add this to your notes’ then commented, ‘We get extra points if we deliver ahead of schedule’.
Hmmm, extra points? New angle I haven’t heard yet.
sounds like it was a joke :) but not sure

🥳🥳

Screenshot_20220609-200450_Chrome~3.jpg

I called my SC to get an update (car still hasn’t arrived) and he told me it’s due in on Saturday. I told him all tasks are completed and I’m ready to pick up now. He said ‘Great, I’ll add this to your notes’ then commented, ‘We get extra points if we deliver ahead of schedule’.
Hmmm, extra points? New angle I haven’t heard yet.
I texted my SA two days ago and haven’t heard from them lol Glad you’re getting responses though, let me know how it goes in Eatonville!

So I woke up this morning to a significant pushback. Went from 6/13-7/11 to 7/20-8/24. I've seen some report a pushback like this that rebounds within a few days. Anyone want to make me feel better and agree that it will return to a more normal window? If not I'll just go back to being bummed lol.

Just out of curiosity, I checked what they would give me for my car just now and it is worth 4k more than I paid for it in February. WOW!
Yeah they definitely pay more and even if you dont like a quote they do negotiate and match and beat any price . I was surprised , I dint believe it until I walked in and walked out with a cheque in my hand within 10 minutes . They dint even bother looking at my car.

So I woke up this morning to a significant pushback. Went from 6/13-7/11 to 7/20-8/24. I've seen some report a pushback like this that rebounds within a few days. Anyone want to make me feel better and agree that it will return to a more normal window? If not I'll just go back to being bummed lol.
I believe in you. You got this. (As I pretend to not be bummed about not getting a vin). Sigh….

Reactions: jpaychek
I’m sorry for the rant but I’m getting annoyed that people with orders after my OD are getting vins especially the east coast when they are trying to push for higher delivery to finish the quarter strong. I hope my additional days go away in the next couple of days.
Keep in mind we're just finishing up the first week of the month so the focus would be on getting the east coach wrapped up first. It could be the last week of the quarter and they could easily get deliveries to those of you in Cali.

Reactions: Nfletcher
So I went to the tesla site to put it to my own financing and I noticed something weird in the sales tax line item on the site but not on the MVPA, should I be worried about this or should I talk to someone before clicking continue?

Price Details​

Model 3
$35,000.00
Black and White Premium Interior
$1,000.00
Red Multi-Coat
$2,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
$19,490.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Order Fee
$250.00
Car Price
$58,940.00

Additional Charges​

Title Fee
$15.00
Sales Tax
$442.06

Total Cost of Vehicle​

$59,397.06

I don't know how or what that $442.06 is coming from. Any guesses? I double checked the MVPA and its not on there. The accurate sales tax of $4100 is on there.

Ordered on May 21 and can't wait so I joined here to hopefully get pointers on the car and hopefully make new friends.
Welcome! Once you get to five posts you'll be able to go into your account settings here and add your order details to your signature. Also, you'll want to add your info (now) to the spreadsheet we use to track orders, VIN and car delivery among other things. This link will help you with the process - Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

So I went to the tesla site to put it to my own financing and I noticed something weird in the sales tax line item on the site but not on the MVPA, should I be worried about this or should I talk to someone before clicking continue?

Price Details​

Model 3
$35,000.00
Black and White Premium Interior
$1,000.00
Red Multi-Coat
$2,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
$19,490.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Order Fee
$250.00
Car Price
$58,940.00

Additional Charges​

Title Fee
$15.00
Sales Tax
$442.06

Total Cost of Vehicle​

$59,397.06​

I don't know how or what that $442.06 is coming from. Any guesses? I double checked the MVPA and its not on there. The accurate sales tax of $4100 is on there.

I'm not sure why it's doing that but I want to cry when I see what some of you are paying in taxes. South Carolina has a max of $500.

I can finally say that i'm officially graduated 🥳. The delivery process went smoothly with no hitches at all. The SA was knowledge and very helpful. He knew right away when i asked that my vehicle has the Matrix lights. Also i do have the Michelin tires on my vehicle. I didn't notice any gap or paneling issues, the car was spotless and flawless. I know that the wait has been long and excruciating for all of us on the forum, but there is a light at the end of tunnel it was worth it at the end. Thank all of you here, you made the long process bearable and fun and i learned a lot on this journey. I'll definitely still chime in with feedback as you approach delivery hopefully soon!!

Attachments

• IMG_8273.jpg
    IMG_8273.jpg
    573.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_8278.jpg
    IMG_8278.jpg
    672.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8299.jpg
    IMG_8299.jpg
    793.5 KB · Views: 81
Graduated today! 3 months to the day. Awesome experience and worth the wait. The car is a lot of fun! Premium headlights, which I figured with a 263 VIN, but they are great. No worries there.

Setting up a service appointment to align trunk and frunk panels and one little bit of weatherstripping that’s wonky but I’m being super picky. Everything looks really good. The car is beautiful!

The free chargers where I park for work are no longer free, as of today!. There is now a $2/hr parking fee… The worst part is I have to admit to my wife I was wrong. She insisted they were going to start charging at some point!

Using my mobile charger at 16 amps gets me 4Kw. Looks like I’ll need that wall charger after all.

Thank you for all the help and advice. I had fun installing all the accessories you all convinced me to buy!