Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just flew into St. Louis to pick up my car at the Chesterfield location. When I arrived and turned off airplane mode on my phone, I got a message saying my car has not arrived and MAY get here tomorrow. My appointment is at 1:00 PM tomorrow. I sure hope it arrives, my car was my way home. Lol! I can only laugh at the ridiculousness. On a happier note, there is an air show in chesterfield tomorrow.
There were some pretty awesome airshow rehearsal flights happening above Tesla Chesterfield today.

I have the opposite situation. Was supposed to get my car Monday, but it arrived today. Pickup is now tomorrow at 3pm.

• Informative
Reactions: CEEV
I think the consensus is that you will get your VIN any day now, or your EDD window will change on June 11th. Lots of folks talking about west coast deliveries getting VINs later in the month but I'm not sure how that applies up in Washington.

Several of us lately have just been getting VINs in the app, and not being texted or emailed.
Noticed a couple days ago my delivery location changed to a new Service Center built in Fife, WA...between SEattle and Tacoma WA. Today is first day of Est. Delivery window of June 10-24. I'm hoping I get my VIN and delivery date for next week...traveling the last two weeks of June. :(

Noticed a couple days ago my delivery location changed to a new Service Center built in Fife, WA...between SEattle and Tacoma WA. Today is first day of Est. Delivery window of June 10-24. I'm hoping I get my VIN and delivery date for next week...traveling the last two weeks of June. :(
Where do you see the delivery location? We have the same EDD window.

Another delivery update after another delivery update. The lack of communication is very frustrating. SA replies to all questions are very generic and annoying. I stopped asking questions altogether. Just need them to deliver my freaking car.

Got a text message on May 31 that the car had departed Freemont for Atlanta. It's been 11 days! I have a feeling it was shipped via USPS. Does anyone have an idea how long this typically takes?

OD: March 7, 2022, with pick up at Savannah, GA
M3LR | MSM | 18" | No FSD

Initial EDD: May 2022
EDD change on 3/8: June 1 - July 15
Modified pickup location to Atlanta, GA on 3/15
2nd EDD change on 3/15: May 17 - June 28
3rd EDD change on 3/22: May 18 - June 22
4th EDD change on 4/30: May 26 - June 23
5th EDD change on 5/9: June 3 - June 17
6th EDD change on 5/13: June 1 - June 15
7th EDD change on 5/22: June 7 - June 11 ... VIN 260XXX issued.
8th EDD change on 5/27: June 10 - June 16

9th EDD change on 6/11: June 16 - June 22

I had the day off today so I decided to go lurking at the two Tesla delivery centres in my area and see if my car was already there considering the huge jump in the delivery dates. Turned out to be an interesting experience, I was sure my car was a reject and probably sitting in a corner in one of the lots, but both places told me my car was still at the factory as of today. I don't know if it will actually make the assigned delivery date of June 15.
Next I wanted to confirm if it had matrix headlights and at location 1 the SA told me the M3LR only comes with premium lights and only Performance trim has matrix lights. I said that's not the case and another SA informed him he has seen both the lights on the M3LR but neither could confirm what headlights mine had until the car actually arrived.
At location 2, the SA looked up the VIN and said he thought it has the matrix lights but was not sure as he could only see the code in the system. I asked him what code he was seeing he said it says GLOB. That was good news to me! I told him that probably means global and those are the matrix lights (fairly certain now). He asked what are the other lights called and I told him those are called premium headlights. now they know what their lights are called :))
Both lots here had mostly Performance versions Model Y's and X's and very few model 3's. The extra storage parking lot next to the Richmond location also had Performance variants of Y's and X's and only one M3 that I could see.
IMG_7676.jpg
IMG_7677.jpg
Pictures attached.

looks like especially matrix headlights are not guaranteed, most likely due to parts shortage, they run out of matrix lights and start installing older/premium ones. a lottery honestly. I think you can decline delivery and within a ~month they might offer you another vehicle but you'll be playing the same lottery again. not sure how many times you can decline though before they cancel your order.
Mmm, interesting. I don't get the point in using older parts here, we're already waiting, I at least wouldn't mind waiting longer for all the up to date parts...

Guess I'll just hope I get the up to date parts and if not I'll decide what I want to do then.

Reactions: kbalandin
Another delivery update after another delivery update. The lack of communication is very frustrating. SA replies to all questions are very generic and annoying. I stopped asking questions altogether. Just need them to deliver my freaking car.

Got a text message on May 31 that the car had departed Freemont for Atlanta. It's been 11 days! I have a feeling it was shipped via USPS. Does anyone have an idea how long this typically takes?

OD: March 7, 2022, with pick up at Savannah, GA
M3LR | MSM | 18" | No FSD

Initial EDD: May 2022
EDD change on 3/8: June 1 - July 15
Modified pickup location to Atlanta, GA on 3/15
2nd EDD change on 3/15: May 17 - June 28
3rd EDD change on 3/22: May 18 - June 22
4th EDD change on 4/30: May 26 - June 23
5th EDD change on 5/9: June 3 - June 17
6th EDD change on 5/13: June 1 - June 15
7th EDD change on 5/22: June 7 - June 11 ... VIN 260XXX issued.
8th EDD change on 5/27: June 10 - June 16

9th EDD change on 6/11: June 16 - June 22
It may be worth calling Tesla directly: 1-888-518-3752

I was wondering the same since it takes 2 weeks to be delivered to the east coast. I am a day after you. I would think if I don't get one soon, I will be pushed to July. I tried calling and they told me I would get a VIN within the dates of my EDD. 2 SA's told me that, I thought EDD means estimated delivery. I know it's estimated but should mean when we take delivery.
Just received my VIN this morning!!! 😀

Public Service Announcement

Click on a 'spoiler' to see the details of that section.

If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.
This is a central repository of volunteered information that people use to get a sense of current orders as well as the history of ordering Model 3s.

Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Common terms

SA = Service Advisor. This is your contact with Tesla until you've taken delivery of your vehicle.
EDD = Estimated Delivery Date. It is important to understand that this is only an approximation, not a exact prediction.
FSD = Full Self Driving. This is an optional feature of the vehicle.
VIN = Vehicle Identification Number. This is a unique identification number found on all Tesla vehicles.

Ordering FAQ

1. You have an SA, even if you ordered online. Just reply to the text you got when you ordered (Welcome to the Tesla family....).
2. SAs exist to help with the order and delivery process. They won't tell you anything more than you can learn from the Tesla app.
3. Your first EDD is likely the most accurate. Frequent updates or a lack of updates are no indication of progress on your order.
4. If you make it into an EDD without a VIN, you'll get a new EDD on the second day of the current EDD.
5. EDDs occasionally jump out by months. These are glitches that usually correct within a week.
6. VINs can come at any time. EDDs are refreshed twice a day (but yours may not change for long periods of time).
7. A text asking about a trade-in of your current vehicle is not indicative of progress on your order.
8. Expect to wait 100+ days for your car. There was a huge surge in order volume starting in March due to gas prices.
9. East coast deliveries happen in the first two months of a quarter. West coast happens in the last month of the quarter.
10. Occasionally, vehicles are delivered much earlier than expected because another person cancelled their order or refused the vehicle.
11. Orders with FSD do not currently receive priority.
12. There are two headlight types; premium and matrix. There is currently no guarantee as to which will be installed on any given vehicle.
13. Ryzen chips, double pane front glass, and lithium ion 12V batteries are standard on all vehicles.

Assigned vin this morning… 275!!! SA said matrix and Ryzen. Asked about options to delay till 01July so I can get the new EV rebate and was told only option was to cancel order and start again. Not doing that. Going to try and get to the SC and talk to someone there.

EDD changed to 24-27 June
If you decide to reject your vehicle to wait for the rebate, please let me know before you pull the trigger. Perhaps I could get assigned you VIN before it goes public. I have the exact same config and live in WI, but pick up in IL, so I have no incentive to wait.

Last edited:
Yesterday was the first day of the EDD window without a VIN assignment, so based on what I'd read here I was expecting either a VIN or slight push out in the EDD window. Indeed, the EDD slipped from 6/10-6/24 to 7/4-8/1 :(. So much for being on the West Coast and having a fast-shipping benefit. Anyone else in the Seattle area see a similar big delay?

M3LR | MSM | Black | Aero | No FSD | Cash | San Juan County, WA
OD: 03/14/2022
EDD1: 6/7-7/12, EDD2: 6/5-7/3, EDD3: 6/9-6/23, EDD4: 6/10-6/24: EDD5: 7/4-8/1

Yesterday was the first day of the EDD window without a VIN assignment, so based on what I'd read here I was expecting either a VIN or slight push out in the EDD window. Indeed, the EDD slipped from 6/10-6/24 to 7/4-8/1 :(. So much for being on the West Coast and having a fast-shipping benefit. Anyone else in the Seattle area see a similar big delay?

😬😬

I have a Lynnwood pickup too but with white exterior. Guess I will know tomorrow since the first day of my EDD is today.

I wouldn't give up on getting it this month. Yes, it looks like the system is saying they can't get you in this quarter but it could very easily change to an earlier date. If you were on the east coast it would look really bad.

Assuming you haven't placed a hold on your order prior to this, you should be good to go with placing a hold and removing it on 7/1.
Could just put your account on hold. I did this for the Illinois rebate last week. You have to release the vin but you don’t lose your order date or price.
If you decide to reject your vehicle to wait o. The rebate, please let me know before you pull the trigger. Perhaps I could get assigned you VIN before it goes public. I have the exact same config and live in WI, but pick up in IL, so I have no incentive to wait.
I asked the SA about putting it on hold and he told me it wasn’t an option for me due to my OD and EDD. I’m going to see with the delivery location about working with me to delay, but if not I’ll be taking the car. I didn’t know about the rebate when I ordered so to me it’s a nice to have. It’s time to upgrade from my 13 year old Dodge Ram, especially with a daily 130 mile round trip commute.

First post, so hello.
Ordered 3/22 LR | MSM | Black Interior | 19” Wheels | No FSD
Still waiting for a VIN but coming up to my 2 week window of 6/13-27th
Anyone else in SoCal?
Welcome, to the waiting game. Right now it does appear like we are getting lots of EDD updates and VINS in SoCal. I ordered a week before you and my two week window is not for another couple of weeks. We have almost the same configuration; yours has upgraded 19" wheels. MY EDD was pushed back one day yesterday and is currently June 26 - July 10. I am hoping it gets pushed up or sticks. You never know with Tesla. :) I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am tryng to get my financing locked (again), so that I am ready to go when they call.😀