Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awoke to the narrower 5 Day EDD window of 17 - 21 June '22 this morning :).
I am able to report that the Tesla app requested permissions as well as subtle site changes similar to others. An unexpected but welcome development.

Attachments

• 1654969602071.png
    1654969602071.png
    186.4 KB · Views: 88
So Vin was assigned with new EDD 6/14 - 6/19. I texted back to say I uploaded insurance and to let me know when I can schedule delivery. He asked if I am free June 15. I thought it was odd since it usually takes 2 weeks to get to east coast. He said it was not rejected and in transit from Cali. Apparently they wait to send the VIN info from my experience. Excited! It happened so fast so I hope it gives some of you hope!

I have to say that this issue has done strange things to people when they'll look at the fronts of more than 50 cars to see what headlights they have!
Imagine narrating the experience with a David Attenborough voice and it'll feel more natural.

"Here we see a native Tesla buyer searching for the perfect match. Patiently, the buyer moves through the candidate vehicles, seeking the perfect combination of headlights, panel alignments and tyres. Not just any vehicle will do."

In truth, I think I've been here too long. I read your post and thought "Well what's so strange about... Oh. Right."

So Vin was assigned with new EDD 6/14 - 6/19. I texted back to say I uploaded insurance and to let me know when I can schedule delivery. He asked if I am free June 15. I thought it was odd since it usually takes 2 weeks to get to east coast. He said it was not rejected and in transit from Cali. Apparently they wait to send the VIN info from my experience. Excited! It happened so fast so I hope it gives some of you hope!
Did you upload a policy specific to the new vehicle? I called my insurance company on Friday and they were like "just wait until you know when you're buying the car and give us a call." So my plan was to wait until delivery was scheduled to add the Tesla to my policy. I've heard others have just uploaded their current insurance, but the app very specifically wants a policy with my Tesla's VIN. Getting impatient over here and just want to upload anything to check off that box. 😄

Delivery scheduled for tomorrow! 250xxx VIN.
stopped into my local tesla SC to test drive the M3LR one last time to solidify if it will be big enough for the family. The SA I was talking to said because i changed my M3RWD order to LR i started all over, and may not receive it till next year in 2023, is that true? Sounds like BS
My RWD EDD was October-December and I'm supposed to pick up my LR soon Took about a week for it to change EDD, then suddenly my car is available for pick up.

stopped into my local tesla SC to test drive the M3LR one last time to solidify if it will be big enough for the family. The SA I was talking to said because i changed my M3RWD order to LR i started all over, and may not receive it till next year in 2023, is that true? Sounds like BS

Your SA is wrong. You keep the original OD. You will probably get a new EDD soon.

Yeah, nada. That only leads me to the delivery tasks, where the only thing open is to upload my insurance. I'm on the website under Registrant. Nothing anywhere about the location. Even searched the source code. Maybe I put in for home delivery? At this point it's not a big deal, just more curious than anything.

I have no Location selected. Was not prompted to do so upon ordering. Nothing in my account or paperwork. I'm not concerned because I know exactly where my car will be delivered to (unless Tesla forces home delivery but I'm only 5 miles from Service Center).

Did you upload a policy specific to the new vehicle? I called my insurance company on Friday and they were like "just wait until you know when you're buying the car and give us a call." So my plan was to wait until delivery was scheduled to add the Tesla to my policy. I've heard others have just uploaded their current insurance, but the app very specifically wants a policy with my Tesla's VIN. Getting impatient over here and just want to upload anything to check off that box. 😄
I went in to my insurance account and added the car effective date and the VIN #. I can always change it. I then uploaded the form showing it has been added. Once that happened, I sent a text back saying it is done and asked about delivery. He then scheduled me for Wednesday.