Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just like the rest of the Seattle Crew (@E90alex / @QueenSundodger / @CEEV / @SailDrive / @Pryze) I got the 3 week push back today and I wanna cry 😭 I’m not cut out for this kinda stuff. New EDD July 4th - August 1st. Was really hoping to have this car before the end of the month as I have trips coming up and I would rather not pay for gas on these trips.
Renton SC has been looking a little thin the last couple days. Seems like they’re not getting many cars in recently. Not sure if it’s due to Tesla opening up Fife so more cars are going there instead or they’ve just been focusing on east coast for now before really pushing for west coast later this month since cars can get here from Fremont in 2-3 days.

I just want to confirm something ( I know this can change)
when you first order you get a 6 week then 5 week then 4 week then 2 week edd then usually within a 2 week edd you get the vin or a push then it tightens to a few days. Is that the usual pattern or have people gotten a VIN outside a 2 week window
It depends. If you browse the last 10 pages or so and look at other posters' signatures, you'll see their EDD progressions come in all shapes and sizes. You may want to add the same to your signature :)

Just like the rest of the Seattle Crew (@E90alex / @QueenSundodger / @CEEV / @SailDrive / @Pryze) I got the 3 week push back today and I wanna cry 😭 I’m not cut out for this kinda stuff. New EDD July 4th - August 1st. Was really hoping to have this car before the end of the month as I have trips coming up and I would rather not pay for gas on these trips.

welcome

Reactions: Guy Maughan
Renton SC has been looking a little thin the last couple days. Seems like they’re not getting many cars in recently. Not sure if it’s due to Tesla opening up Fife so more cars are going there instead or they’ve just been focusing on east coast for now before really pushing for west coast later this month since cars can get here from Fremont in 2-3 days.
I meant to swing by the Renton location yesterday on my way to Bellevue. The Fife location has cars but I can’t tell which ones are there for service and which are for pickup. From the sounds of it on the Fife Service Center Thread they start delivery there Monday/Tuesday this week so I’ll keep an eye on it. Hopefully we start getting some love soon. I saw a car hauler yesterday full of Y’s with one 3 on it heading north towards Seattle or Lynwood

Congratulations on your successful delivery and thank you for sharing your experience!

I'm going to get home delivery too. Did they give you an ETA before they arrived? How did they notify you of the arrival? Where did they put the key cards in the car? How quickly after you made the final payment were you able to access the car?
they gave me to choose a 4 hour window, then sent a text message when the car was about to arrive, and then another one when it arrived. the dude driving the car left the car and was waiting outside for me. He seemed to have wiped out all previous settings, and then locked the car, left the keys in the vehicle. He told me to accept the delivery in the mobile app and then to connect to the car from the app. the connection was not working initially and when I asked him to just unlock the vehicle he said he could not because he locked the keys in the car (this is what they are required to do). then, after disabling wifi and uninstalling and reinstalling the app the app finally connected to the vehicle and I was able to proceed.
I made final payments (financing and down payment) in advance, so the both payments came through a day before.

they gave me to choose a 4 hour window, then sent a text message when the car was about to arrive, and then another one when it arrived. the dude driving the car left the car and was waiting outside for me. He seemed to have wiped out all previous settings, and then locked the car, left the keys in the vehicle. He told me to accept the delivery in the mobile app and then to connect to the car from the app. the connection was not working initially and when I asked him to just unlock the vehicle he said he could not because he locked the keys in the car (this is what they are required to do). then, after disabling wifi and uninstalling and reinstalling the app the app finally connected to the vehicle and I was able to proceed.
I made final payments (financing and down payment) in advance, so the both payments came through a day before.
Thank you this is super helpful! How much of a heads up did you get before arrival?

So far, so good: got the text message about an hour ago to schedule pickup! The three day range was at the back end of my last EDD range, but that’s fine (and the text says it can move in either direction, so who knows). Unknowingly picked a federal holiday, so that will make things easier (no work, less traffic), though now I wish I’d picked an earlier time slot that day!

Congratulations on the successful delivery! Our cars may be from the same batch, as our ODs and delivery dates are close and our VINs have the same 3 digits. Keeping my fingers crossed that my car is similar to yours in quality:)

I noticed a little bit of body errors concentrated all on the rear trunk, a bit of uneven seams. I don't care that much as it's not anything functional or noticeable during driving.

But it doesn't appear to be an assembly error as it is even and symmetrical on both sides left and right. Honestly it looks like the stamping for that rear trunk piece (which is bent more than any other metal stamping on the body) simply isn't dimensionally correct to have a perfect fit. Maybe this is a result of the old factory or stamping die or whatever machine inserts the piece.

Edit: a google search reveals that stamping tool & die wear is a major engineering concern in auto manufacturing. They are the high-strength metal parts which physically contact the incoming flat sheet steel to form and cut the finished pieces. These are expensive to produce, maintain, and downtime is expensive as well.

Last edited: