Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really hope Tesla enables Apple Lossless.

For me, 256 kbps AAC is plenty good enough for in-car use. It's very difficult to distinguish from lossless even in quiet situations with good playback.

But the Tesla streaming and particularly "HD" digital radio has distortion characteristic of insufficient bit rate or mediocre codecs, scratchy harsh violin is the common symptom. The broadcasters also choose the bit rate and any other processing so it may be their fault.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek and Maric
Sensed a disturbance in the force so I opened the Tesla app to see I was invited to schedule delivery. Picking up on 6/20 tentatively. Seconds after I scheduled it and closed the app I got a text saying it was time to schedule my delivery 😆

540t8wcgb5651.jpg

Oh yeah 😅🤦🏽‍♂️ In my defense I was on I-5 driving by not the side road but that’s a great way to tell real quick! 😂😂 I’ll do a drive by today and see what I discover!
I only know because I already went through this confusion when visiting my Tesla delivery site. :)
But it doesn't appear to be an assembly error as it is even and symmetrical on both sides left and right. Honestly it looks like the stamping for that rear trunk piece (which is bent more than any other metal stamping on the body) simply isn't dimensionally correct to have a perfect fit. Maybe this is a result of the old factory or stamping die or whatever machine inserts the piece.
I was thinking about our various vehicle flaws the other day and wondered if they would ever become a collector thing in another 40 or 50 years when these cars are classics. A bit like off-stamped coins. "This is a fine example of a Telsa Model 3 Long Range which was assembled in the original Fremont factory. The use of tool 4370/3 can be seen from the symmetrical bend in the trunk area. Bidding starts at thirty gazillion dollars." Inflation's a bear.

In 40 or 50 years any cars being built will be 3D printed and micrometer-flawless.

Got my delivery text this afternoon. Offered deliver appointments on 6/20, 6/21, or 6/22. Scheduled pick up at Mt Kisco NY on 6/20. Hope this appointment sticks. That will make it 103 days from order (3/9) to delivery of my base M3LR. Delivery will be in the middle of my first EDD range, but one month after the May delivery offered on the order web page.

Last edited:
I was notified my car left the factory 9 days ago and I have an app't to pick it up in 2 days. Took a ride to the sales center today in the hope my car arrived. Lo and behold, it was in the parking lot. So, 9 days or less from Fremont to Toronto. No defects I can see, but car not detailed yet. Matrix headlights (VIN 269), 19" Continental all-season tires. Unable to look in trunk, but presume mobile charger there. I have to say, overall, my experience with Tesla was very good. It will be 94 days from order till pickup. Exactly what was projected when I bought the car. Had to change a couple of things along the way and Tesla was very responsive and adjusted my order, no problem. I wish you all similar experiences.

From what seems to happen this month being end of quarter tesla focuses heavily on local delivery. Like really local like home delivery local. He may have missed the cusp for June shipping. Then July is kinda a crap shoot as they gear up for east coast again. So likely end of July into August which is what his edd is showing. But who knows they may call you today lol
Yeah, this seems to be the current theory and got confirmed by recent Elon's emails. My OD is 03/24 and living in SF, I'd except to have DD by the end of this month. My current EDD is 06/13-06/27. Will confirm when I get it. :)

Reactions: ZZ118 and jpaychek
I've done a lot of research. Everything I've read indicates white interior holds up and is not difficult to maintain.
That's what I've been seeing as well. One thing to mention is that it does show dirt easily, so be prepared to wipe it down with a cleaner on a regular basis.

Here's Bjorn Nyland taking a 2,420km Model 3 SR+ to be detailed. The driver's seat is noticeably dirty, apparently from Bjorn's black jeans. Closeups by Bjorn and advice from a detailer.

Graduation Day !!
Matrix lights, Ryzen chip and Continental tires 🤔.. named her EVE
Thank you to everyone that made the wait a lot of fun !!! I will be around to help others if needed..
Peace and Love
View attachment 815914
Congrats!! 🎉EVE is a beauty! Same config I ordered.😍 Best of luck with her!
Happy you got the Matrix. In scoping out the forum, I have noticed a few other M3's delivered with Continentals. Are the Hankook's in short supply now? Geez, Michelin, Hankook, Continentals...I wonder what tires I'll get in a few months!🤣

Seriously considering changing the interior from black to white. Just wondering people opinions and if anyone has white how it holds up
Hey ZZ, Before ordering the white I read and watched lots of videos too. No worries and went with it. I've never had a car with black interior.
But IMO...Love the white with every color except black exterior. Black/black looks real Nice!!😍

Reactions: Maric and ZZ118
Seriously considering changing the interior from black to white. Just wondering people opinions and if anyone has white how it holds up
After 5000km so far so good.
I do have a rule that no one eats in my car though.
Any stains I wipe with a damp paper towel or whatever then rub in some coconut oil.
I think something oil-based drooped once on the passenger seat and the coconut oil got rid of it.

Hey ZZ, Before ordering the white I read and watched lots of videos too. No worries and went with it. I've never had a car with black interior.
But IMO...Love the white with every color except black exterior. Black/black looks real Nice!!😍
Lol funny thing about that 🤣
yeah I think the black on black looks very clean was just worried about the car being "too black"