Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a Vin of 276xxx this morning with updated EDD of 6/26-6/30. 😁 They are really trying to deliver before the end of Q2.

I was checking flights into JFK from Buffalo and the 29th is the best day for price. Can I request a specific date/time if it falls within the EDD, or do I have to wait until the car is actually delivered before I should book a flight?

Last edited:
Yeah, this seems to be the current theory and got confirmed by recent Elon's emails. My OD is 03/24 and living in SF, I'd except to have DD by the end of this month. My current EDD is 06/13-06/27. Will confirm when I get it. :)

We have the same EDD (mine was pulled in yesterday). I'm curious what will happen on Tuesday update.
Bay area, OD 03/09 but has much later EDD than you two. Maybe tesla is prioritizing orders after their price hike?

Reactions: Maric and trillianx
I got EDD #9 this morning shifting me to this coming week, now 6/13 to 6/19, but I'm still not able to select a delivery window yet.
I got the delivery appointment text today. In my excitement and brunch induced cocktail haze, based on the EDD push yesterday to this week for me, I assumed it was for this week so I scheduled Wednesday to give me time to get the cashiers check and insurance tomorrow. It turns out It was Wednesday 6/22... Sent the SA a message to try and get Monday 6/20 now (the first of the three days) but this is going to be a very long week :)

I've done a lot of research. Everything I've read indicates white interior holds up and is not difficult to maintain.
I have a white interior. It looks soooooo good!
I cleaned all of the leather first, then I applied several treatments of leather ceramic coat. I'm using the Chemical Guys brand.
Had to wipe some black off the other day and it came right off with some cleaner and a microfiber towel.

Since this is the waiting room, I thought I would throw out a question about Ceramic and PPF. I plan to PPF the front cap only but wanted to get an opinion about ceramic coating the whole car then have the PPF installed. Or do people only ceramic the part not covered by PPF?
How about it? Just killing time since my pickup date cannot be moved up (they were insistent). My goal was to tint the all the glass with ceramic Ir first (heat issues in Florida) then have the outside done. So I have a little time before I make a decision on what order to do the ceramic/ppf.

I don’t want to burst anybody’s bubble but check out this thread of mine, especially the last two pages.

So incredibly frustrated.

Everything was perfect until it wasn’t. :-/

Since this is the waiting room, I thought I would throw out a question about Ceramic and PPF. I plan to PPF the front cap only but wanted to get an opinion about ceramic coating the whole car then have the PPF installed. Or do people only ceramic the part not covered by PPF?
How about it? Just killing time since my pickup date cannot be moved up (they were insistent). My goal was to tint the all the glass with ceramic Ir first (heat issues in Florida) then have the outside done. So I have a little time before I make a decision on what order to do the ceramic/ppf.
I believe you should PPF then ceramic otherwise it’ll affect the ppf staying. Double check with the installer though.

Reactions: Mwhusa
Just got a Vin of 276xxx this morning with updated EDD of 6/26-6/30. 😁 They are really trying to deliver before the end of Q2.

I was checking flights into JFK from Buffalo and the 29th is the best day for price. Can I request a specific date/time if it falls within the EDD, or do I have to wait until the car is actually delivered before I should book a flight?
i would reach out to tesla ASAP to confirm that date. i had a 4 day window of June 18th - 22nd but i will be in Jamaica those exact dates so the SA at Tesla put me for the 23rd for delivery. You should be fine since its within your EDD. Best of luck!!!

That's what I've been seeing as well. One thing to mention is that it does show dirt easily, so be prepared to wipe it down with a cleaner on a regular basis.

Here's Bjorn Nyland taking a 2,420km Model 3 SR+ to be detailed. The driver's seat is noticeably dirty, apparently from Bjorn's black jeans. Closeups by Bjorn and advice from a detailer.

TBH I'm probably going to ceramic coat them.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I ordered my MSM on black M3, aero, no FSD on 3/18/22. As most everyone else, I had a number of date changes over the past several weeks. About a month ago, I called the local store as my
delivery window kept closing in on a vacation we had planned and I wanted to try and get ahead of the game when it came to the delivery date (June 23-July 7). After some time on the phone with the local customer experience manager, I made my way on a “short list” of customers who were willing to take delivery earlier for a car that was not the exact specs of what was ordered. Fast forward another 3-4 weeks and I followed up with a phone call to check in on the status of my order and if there was any potential for acceptance of previously rejected cars, etc but was not able to speak with anyone at that time. I received a call back from the same manager I spoke with about a month earlier, within 12 hours of my phone call. We rehashed the same details from a month earlier with no headway made at that time.

Fast forward about 5 days, I received a phone call from the local branch that there was a car available, but not quite what we ordered. It was a LR white on white with the 19” sport wheels. After talking with my wife, we decided to go up the next day (today, 6/12/22) to look at the car (vin # 232XXX). Everything was perfect on it from a body panel/fitment perspective. It came with the matrix lights, double pane windows, and the amd ryzen chipset. After some discussion, we ended up accepting delivery of this M3 and let our reservation go. Most everything was smooth with the exception of the car was missing key cards. The customer service agent helping us out quickly swooped up a new set of key cards and sent the car to service to be reprogrammed. It was at this point that things went a little awry. Apparently, the diagnostic port on the car was damaged in production or at the facility, and required some sort of repair/replacement before new keys could be programmed. After more than an hour, it was discovered that the key cards weren’t actually lost, but just mislabeled, however, the damage was already done. It took them quite awhile to repair the vehicle diagnostic port and ensure the cards were paired before we could officially take delivery of the vehicle. Not the experience we were hoping for, but at least we got our car a few weeks early.

No idea why the car was rejected initially, or why it took so long for it to be offered up to the next customer in line.

Overall, our delivery experience wasn’t the best, but we love the car so far