Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It did it again! Managed to think to grab a screen shot this time.
Same issue, this is the first time it’s happened to me. Does that mean a VIN assignment is impending??? /s

Attachments

• 7DD844D3-8926-493E-B3CE-D7C21D37080D.jpeg
    7DD844D3-8926-493E-B3CE-D7C21D37080D.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 83
After 1 week of ownership, I thought I'd pop in here and post an update.
My experience overall has been over the moon. I love driving this car. I love owning this car. To me, there are no downsides to going EV.
First, I'll start with my short list of gripes.
I've had to put in my first service request. The airbag warning light shows up every now and then. Doing some research it appears that it's a known issue. I also have very noticeable creaking noises coming from the wheels at very slow speeds. Another known issue that looks like it's coming from the Aero covers. Regardless, service is coming out next week to take a look.
My only other complaint is that the air conditioning isn't the greatest when temps are over 110. I posted earlier about it, but I don't think it can keep up with cooling the interior of the vehicle as well as the batteries. While 110 seems crazy hot for most of you, here in Arizona that's just another summer day.
The good: everything else!
Ok, the amount I'm saving on gas alone makes me grin like an idiot.
Then there's the speed and acceleration.
Oh, and the maneuverability. I had to do two emergency steering maneuvers today on the freeway to avoid obstacles on the road. I used to teach driving in the police academy, and this car handled the steering like a champ.
She's do for her first wash, so I'm trying to figure out how to handle that since I can't hand-wash her in 110 desert sun.
I ceramic coated the white interior. One of the kids put her shoes on the seat which left a black mark. Since it was coated, I just sprayed some cleaner and wiped it right off with a microfiber cloth. Nothing left behind!
Windows get ceramic tinted this Friday.
Did I miss anything??

Did you ceramic coat the interior yourself? If so, which product did you use? I'm doing PPF and ceramic on outside (and paying for it) but I'm probably going to do the white seats myself using GYEON Quartz LeatherShield 50ml - Advanced Sio2 Ceramic Coating for Leather. Looks very easy to apply.

Reactions: jpaychek and T-J-
Graduation Day, picked up an hour early in Devon. Matrix headlights, Michelin tires, no major issues. A little bowing on a interior thing on door, very minor. Got with 62% charge.

Absolutely love the car. Best car buying experience I have had. Instantly installed the upgraded floor mats and trunk mat.

Took a little figuring out to set up the wheel etc, but I got it all perfect.
D3A40583-CF89-4261-A46D-2BBCA5BE7B58.jpeg

Graduation Day, picked up an hour early in Devon. Matrix headlights, Michelin tires, no major issues. A little bowing on a interior thing on door, very minor. Got with 62% charge.

Absolutely love the car. Best car buying experience I have had. Instantly installed the upgraded floor mats and trunk mat.

Took a little figuring out to set up the wheel etc, but I got it all perfect.
Which floor mats/trunk mat? Share pics if you can. Congrats on the delivery!

Reactions: vegetaban
delete "have" 🤣
Note that you can go back to your posts and edit them (or delete them) for a limited time, probably something like 10 minutes. The buttons will appear under your post.
Same here. Wish it was something but thinking its not
Elon has mandated a new direction for the delivery estimation system, and Mr. Bean is implementing it in stages. The end goal, of course, is dates like

sEpt4mbEr 7 - 0c7ob3r 19

Last edited: