Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 Model 3 Long Range AWD white on white.
Ordered: 10/20
Estimated Delivery: November 25 - December 23
Delivery Location: Bay Area, CA

Question to folks here:
When I entered delivery location it didn't ask me which delivery option I want (Home,SC etc.). It only asked for my address and I cannot change it anymore.
It now simply says:

Did anyone get the same odd behaviour?
I was hoping to get SC delivery in Palo Alto instead of home delivery.
When we took delivery in 10/18 we were asked at the time of delivery if we wished home delivery or at the facility. We chose the facility here in San Diego. Make a list of your questions! Might be something on Youtube to help you? You'll need to decide on "settings', etc.

I am in Raleigh and recently had a push of 06/24-07/08 to 07/09-08/06 with an OD of 4/2
In Raleigh
Just got a text to schedule delivery
Delivery scheduled for June 26 at the Raleigh SC
EDD was June 21 - June 27
Got the VIN text onJune 6
Text that it left factory came on June 8
EDD was then June 24 - June 28

M3 LR
MSM paint
18” Aero wheels
All black interior
Autopilot
No FSD

After watching a video from Sarahjawesome - about the 18 inch hubcaps -standard on M3 - I decided to upgrade to 19” wheels and paid the $1500 even though I’m leasing …- they look so much better then hubcaps
My deliver estimate changed from
10-4-22. To 12-15-22

And is now to 11-15-22 - so maybe 4 weeks sooner w new wheels or whatever sounds good - ag
May take 4 year lease instead of 3 year I applied for - comments ? It will be low mileage as our 2nd car

Most likely this will be moved to the delivery forum, but here is my experience:

I changed colors in between and my delivery was not affected at all. In your case, 19" wheels are earlier delivery based on the order page right now and that is most likely the reason why you will get yours sooner.

With the current market values, if your budget allows, purchasing is a better option than leasing but of course, it depends on your budget.

Reactions: alangold
So serious question wondering opinions. I locked in a loan with Tesla at 2.99 but that will expire next week. Was a little presumptuous but live and learn. However since then rates are up to 3.74 and the feds just raised it again 75 base points. My car edd has essentially been looking at August since the start. Soooo do I take the gamble and reapply in June and lock in a rate hoping the car comes or go cash to finance and take see where the rates go. FYI I'm not doing a credit union just to much hassell

So serious question wondering opinions. I locked in a loan with Tesla at 2.99 but that will expire next week. Was a little presumptuous but live and learn. However since then rates are up to 3.74 and the feds just raised it again 75 base points. My car edd has essentially been looking at August since the start. Soooo do I take the gamble and reapply in June and lock in a rate hoping the car comes or go cash to finance and take see where the rates go. FYI I'm not doing a credit union just to much hassell
The recommendation is generally to wait to reapply after your get a two-week window or even wait until the VIN. And I know some credit unions can be slow but others are quick and simple.

Hello,

I ordered my M3LR on March 25th and I've been visiting this site pretty much every day since. Finally decided to actually sign up and contribute to the conversation.
Just a quick introduction: I've been a fan of Tesla since I was in the seventh grade and I am finally fortunate enough to be in a position where I can afford one (I just completed my first year of college).
With that being said, you've all been incredibly helpful and informative, thank you for that!

Anyway, my current EDD is June 16 - June 30. Surprisingly, it hasn't changed too much since the start. At least no drastic changes. Usually stayed between June and early July. I also got the "JUNE" text yesterday... if that means anything haha.
Also, does anyone know what's up with the app and the lowercase EDD? Probably doesn't mean anything, I just think its annoying LOL.

OD: 03/25/2022
M3LR/Black/Black/18"/No FSD

Hello,

I ordered my M3LR on March 25th and I've been visiting this site pretty much every day since. Finally decided to actually sign up and contribute to the conversation.
Just a quick introduction: I've been a fan of Tesla since I was in the seventh grade and I am finally fortunate enough to be in a position where I can afford one (I just completed my first year of college).
With that being said, you've all been incredibly helpful and informative, thank you for that!

Anyway, my current EDD is June 16 - June 30. Surprisingly, it hasn't changed too much since the start. At least no drastic changes. Usually stayed between June and early July. I also got the "JUNE" text yesterday... if that means anything haha.
Also, does anyone know what's up with the app and the lowercase EDD? Probably doesn't mean anything, I just think its annoying LOL.

OD: 03/25/2022
M3LR/Black/Black/18"/No FSD
Welcome friend.. It's back to uppercase as of 11:25 AM !

If legacy had tried to go with one pedal, various groups would come forward to complain about how it was unsafe or disorienting for drivers, and then there would be years of discussion in congress about whether or not to allow the new contraption.
Nissan did it with the Leaf and BMW with the i3 back in 2012 and 2013 or so. But they were considered weird oddball cars anyway so it wasn't a big deal.

Back in the analog era it wasn't even possible: the two pedals are connected to physically distinct and independent mechanisms.