Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my M3LR this morning. At 8:20am, I moved one car out of the garage to make room and went back inside to get the dogs ready for a walk. At 8:24am, I walked out, and the M3 was sitting in my driveway. Aside from a small black mark near the driver's door (easily fixed), everything looks great – matrix headlights, mobile charger (I ordered 03/12), and Michelin tires. I didn't notice any issues with paint, glass, panel gaps, etc.

I swapped out the floor mats, put a screen protector on (probably the first time I've successfully attached any screen protector), and took it on a drive. For those in the OC/SB County area, I took it on a drive through Carbon Canyon and had a blast. I was worried I would feel cramped or simply uncomfortable since I was going from an Explorer to a very different (and smaller) car, but it wasn't an issue, and no longer paying $90+ to fill up my tank every week shouldn't be an issue either. It took a few miles to get used to the one-pedal driving, and I'm still not the greatest at it, but I can tell I'm going to prefer it over traditional "two-pedal driving."

The hardest part will be figuring out what to do with the additional 15 hours in my day since I no longer have to refresh the app and account page waiting for any sign of delivery.

Anyway, I guess I graduated, but as someone said, this group made the time fly by, so thank you. Someone else said the wait is worth it, and they're 100% right.
Congrats! Enjoy your new ride.

Reactions: at714 and tigerlui
Just got another unfortunate EDD update. Now July 19-August 23. Not only was it delayed, went back to a 5 week window. And just to add insult to injury, the months were lowercase letters. They are now mocking me.
Ended up changing my order to a P this afternoon after being discouraged by EDD changes and not knowing if I would get a car in 1,2,or 3 months. Got a VIN within 2 hours with pickup between June 25-July 1.

I admire all of you who have been able to wait it out. I have enjoyed learning from the group and wish you all the best in your Tesla journey.

Now I need to look into starting an Only Fans to afford the upgrade. What's the market for an average build mid 30 year old male?
Good luck bud. I've been following you in lock step. I still show the July 4 - Aug 1. Your post about a EDD push out is not very hopeful. Guessing my EDD will be pushed out shortly. Good luck on getting your M3P soon.

Reactions: dgoodlan
fun fact with the "steering wheel wiggle" when on autopilot... i found out that instead of wiggling the steering wheel, you can just move the left or right scroll button up or down once and it will do the same thing. Made it WAY easier (at least for me) to get that annoying alert to go away when it didn't feel my hand on the wheel lol
Hey All, hang in there. Picked up my car in FLL after 5 1/2 months of waiting.

Had to stick to my guns and insist on looking at the inside of the car since there was some kind of stain on the back seat.

It's their "policy" not to open ANY car until the car is accepted. Funny since the car already had my Florida registration on the seat and the license plate attached to it. Was told "We don't open any car for anyone. If you want you can reject the car, we'll re-assign it and you can wait 4 weeks for another car." several times from the guy who was assigned to us for pickup. So I said "fine, I'll reject". Then he got the manager who proceeded to tell us the same exact thing. I said "that's not a policy, that's this location's procedure, and I'd like to see that "policy" in writing." Finally, after going back and forth for about 20 minutes, he said he would open the car for us to look at it. The stain turned out to be body sweat/oil from what looked like someone's palm or elbow. We checked everything else, signed everything, handed over the check and the car is HOME. It will need minor adjustments to the headlights, one is low and the other is high against the hood and also there a minor split on the rubber surrounding the driver door (that will need replacing).

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE and don't take any CRAP. It's YOUR hard earned money and don't forget it.
Tapau, Such great advice! Glad you held your ground and everything worked out ok!;)
Remember, not many people can afford a $60k car. the people on this board is living the American dream
Not so sure about that...How many buyers are financing for 6 years? That's a long stretch of payments.

Just got a call from a Tesla advisor (Nevada) on the trade-in side. He wanted to provide me with a new trade-in quote and answer any order related questions I had. I told him I just got a crazy high quote from Carvana but would still be curious to see what their latest offer is. They'll send me a quote in 1-2 days and I can accept or reject as to what's best for me. He said I can call him back at his direct number anytime before delivery with any additional questions I may have. He was very polite and friendly.

I switched from SR and do not see how I have jumped to front of line? I see myself right in line where someone with my original OD would be for a LR... Do you mean those with really outstanding SR dates from like last year jumping to front of line? Maybe a slower first month of qtr build would not be a bad thing with some of the horror stories I am seeing on YouTube with the end of qtr push deliveries on the Y's? Either way performance is an awesome ride, enjoy it.
That is the point he trying to make. When you originally place your order it was for the SR. We pick the LR and your able to just jump over and not skip a beat yet the people the people behind are now getting moved back even further from delivery. You aren’t the first and won’t be the last.

That is the point he trying to make. When you originally place your order it was for the SR. We pick the LR and your able to just jump over and not skip a beat yet the people the people behind are now getting moved back even further from delivery. You aren’t the first and won’t be the last.
I think the golden days of SR to LR switch are over. The latest round of price increases is an indicator of a rapidly growing LR backlog. Tesla may be trying to clear ancient SR orders that have been pending for 9 months before tackling the LR orders that came in in the last month.

Why cancel? You cannot get the 250 back, may as well have let it play out, might have been worthwhile in the end to have had the option at least.
Yeah this is probably the best point of all. Cancel for whatever reason but you ain't getting that 250 back. Might as well stick it out until you have to cancel. No harm in that. Maybe there'll be another tax credit that'll pop up while you're waiting? Who knows, but canceling this early makes no sense. Heck if sales tax is an issue, maybe work something out to buy it in another state, there's at least enough time to figure it out.

Edit to add, I still have a reservation in for an ID.4, and the deposit on that is actually refundable, and I haven't canceled yet. I plan on canceling it as soon as I actually have the Model 3 in my driveway, but there's no point in canceling now.

Troy's latest delivery estimates.

FVaOZGgWUAcDmwG

@Hiline, I just saw your timeline in sig. I just switched over from SR to LR right now and have an order date of 3/11/22. So this gives me hope!

Quick question since you're also in CA. With an order date prior to 3/15 price hike, CVRP is supposed to apply to all model 3 trims. Did you by any chance switch to LR after your original order date? Or were you always waiting for an LR?

I noticed my purchase agreement that got updated, now shows a purchase date of 6/16, which isn't good. Or maybe it doesn't matter as long as the MRSP shows the $35k price in the breakdown?

I took delivery of my M3LR this morning. At 8:20am, I moved one car out of the garage to make room and went back inside to get the dogs ready for a walk. At 8:24am, I walked out, and the M3 was sitting in my driveway. Aside from a small black mark near the driver's door (easily fixed), everything looks great – matrix headlights, mobile charger (I ordered 03/12), and Michelin tires. I didn't notice any issues with paint, glass, panel gaps, etc.

I swapped out the floor mats, put a screen protector on (probably the first time I've successfully attached any screen protector), and took it on a drive. For those in the OC/SB County area, I took it on a drive through Carbon Canyon and had a blast. I was worried I would feel cramped or simply uncomfortable since I was going from an Explorer to a very different (and smaller) car, but it wasn't an issue, and no longer paying $90+ to fill up my tank every week shouldn't be an issue either. It took a few miles to get used to the one-pedal driving, and I'm still not the greatest at it, but I can tell I'm going to prefer it over traditional "two-pedal driving."

The hardest part will be figuring out what to do with the additional 15 hours in my day since I no longer have to refresh the app and account page waiting for any sign of delivery.

Anyway, I guess I graduated, but as someone said, this group made the time fly by, so thank you. Someone else said the wait is worth it, and they're 100% right.
Congrats !!! That’s the first thing I did too, screen protector and floor mats .. Enjoy the ride ………

Reactions: at714
Ok well contrary to previous posters in here saying DCU told them rates are not locked, they told me today that rates are locked for the 45 days. But then right after that is the disclaimer saying information is subject to change until loan is finalized. 🤷🏻‍♂️

We shall see I guess if my loan gets finalized after they up their published rates…

Attachments

• 444C164F-1EAD-4758-BAA8-B1BBD9FE6E8C.png
    444C164F-1EAD-4758-BAA8-B1BBD9FE6E8C.png
    603 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Ok well contrary to previous posters in here saying DCU told them rates are not locked, they told me today that rates are locked for the 45 days. But then right after that is the disclaimer saying information is subject to change until loan is finalized. 🤷🏻‍♂️

We shall see I guess if my loan gets finalized after they up their published rates…
It used to be the forum believed they did have locked rates and then soon after I joined it was often reported that they didn't lock you. Your explanation is probably why there was so much confusion. On the surface, they suggest the rate is locked but they can change that policy at any time.

Reactions: E90alex