Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, I have my tax calculated out ot $4460.82 Total sales tax in Chandler is 7,8%
It's criminal what some of you pay in taxes. South Carolina has a $500 cap on the sales tax. My credit union took that already so the only thing I have to do when I get the car is paying the property tax and the lender will handle the registration and plate.

It's criminal what some of you pay in taxes. South Carolina has a $500 cap on the sales tax. My credit union took that already so the only thing I have to do when I get the car is paying the property tax and the lender will handle the registration and plate.
Some could say its criminal to be charged property tax on a car every year as well... lol. But yes, the taxes suck no matter what kind they are!

Some could say its criminal to be charged property tax on a car every year as well... lol. But yes, the taxes suck no matter what kind they are!
Yea I used to live in FL where the vehicle tax is higher but the yearly registration fees were like $35. I’m in South Carolina now and the $500 cap on taxes is nice but they get you with the yearly property taxes. I would guess SC is cheaper than FL over the first 3 years of ownership.

Reactions: Originalando
I feel like I lucked out with my timing. Ordered in march before any of the price increases and got it last month. +$7000 since. Crazy thing is people are still willing to pay the new prices… it’s a great car.
Same boat, it was the first car I’ve ever bought and made $5k on it before ever paying for or receiving it! Now I’m up $7k on it [mind blown emoji]

Got a great surprise today. EDD changed from 8/22-10/2 to 6/26-7/10. The order date was May 9. (Please don't be mad).
No VIN yet. I live in the SF Bay Area.
Perhaps a rejected car, or maybe Tesla is trying to deliver as many by the end of June as they can-and since I live here? That does seem to be a popular theory in this forum.
Will keep you all posted and also see if I can get additional info from SA.

2022 Model 3 LR|Blue|Black int| 19-inch sport wheels|No FSD
OD: May 9-EDD 8/12-9/23, 2 weeks later 8/31-10/2, 1 week later 8/22-10/2, then today 9/15 EDD changed to 6/26-7/10

Perhaps a rejected car, or maybe Tesla is trying to deliver as many by the end of June as they can-and since I live here? That does seem to be a popular theory in this forum.
They don't plan ahead for rejected cars, so you're being pushed up in the queue. You've ordered a higher-margin vehicle, and that is undoubtedly attractive to Tesla's accounting department, but it's difficult to imagine a May order being near completion. The folks who have been taking delivery ordered roughly around mid-March. You may be seeing a reverse Mr. Bean, where your EDD comes in dramatically, then a week later gets pushed out again.

That said, that's the car that I ordered, so I applaud you on your sense of style.

I think the golden days of SR to LR switch are over. The latest round of price increases is an indicator of a rapidly growing LR backlog. Tesla may be trying to clear ancient SR orders that have been pending for 9 months before tackling the LR orders that came in in the last month.
I'd just like to add I think the switch from SR to LR is much less dramatic then the switch to P which explains why it is so much more attractive.

I've said this before on this forum but I'll say it again the LR just seems to be a perfectly balanced model 3. The SR should be discontinued. The P should only be for people willing to pay a premiumum price to take a car to the track. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Delaware has no sales tax…yay!…but they have a “document” fee for registration of a new car at 4.25%.
Bend over 😬🤣

They don't plan ahead for rejected cars, so you're being pushed up in the queue. You've ordered a higher-margin vehicle, and that is undoubtedly attractive to Tesla's accounting department, but it's difficult to imagine a May order being near completion. The folks who have been taking delivery ordered roughly around mid-March. You may be seeing a reverse Mr. Bean, where your EDD comes in dramatically, then a week later gets pushed out again.

That said, that's the car that I ordered, so I applaud you on your sense of style.
Let’s hope I’m not a reverse Mr. Bean! I do hope that they may be trying to deliver more in Q3 and they definitely can closer to Fremont…Congrats in your excellent taste and configuration, hopefully you get yours soon.

Reactions: JB47394
I'd just like to add I think the switch from SR to LR is much less dramatic then the switch to P which explains why it is so much more attractive.

I've said this before on this forum but I'll say it again the LR just seems to be a perfectly balanced model 3. The SR should be discontinued. The P should only be for people willing to pay a premiumum price to take a car to the track. Just my 2 cents.

There are multiple reasons the SR should stick around:

1. You need an entry model for price-sensitive customers
2. Having 3 options usually pushes customers towards the middle option, and as we have observed, this has indeed been the case
3. The SR version using a different battery gives Tesla the ability to use more battery suppliers to keep churning out units

Got a great surprise today. EDD changed from 8/22-10/2 to 6/26-7/10. The order date was May 9. (Please don't be mad).
No VIN yet. I live in the SF Bay Area.
Will keep you all posted and also see if I can get additional info from SA.

2022 Model 3 LR|Blue|Black int| 19-inch sport wheels|No FSD
OD: May 9-EDD 8/12-9/23, 2 weeks later 8/31-10/2, 1 week later 8/22-10/2, then today 9/15 EDD changed to 6/26-7/10
That’s awesome. Keep us posted on whether your delivery is on time/as promised or if it gets kicked out again.