Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’ve received my vin, once I fill up the insurance part and payment will I be able to schedule an actual pickup day? Or will they let me know when I’ll be able to schedule a day. Because rn my dates after receiving vin is June 20-june 24.
They'll contact you for scheduling the delivery.

First post here. Glad to have found this community! I ordered a Blue LR AWD Model 3 on May 20th and currently the EDD is July 6 - Aug 3, so starting to get excited.

Question about home charging. The previous owner of my house had a NEMA 6-50R installed in the garage, which I'm hoping to use rather than purchasing the wall connector. I'm going to have an electrician in soon to check if it works as I have never tried to use it. Assuming it works properly, I think I would just need to have a mobile connector and the correct adapter. However, with the mobile connector being sold out, I'm not sure what I should do as I'm not confident it will be in stock anytime soon. Any suggestions or tips?
You will have to wait until you can get the mobile connector and the adapter. Obviously you can charge at other locations like a supercharger for now.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
First post here. Glad to have found this community! I ordered a Blue LR AWD Model 3 on May 20th and currently the EDD is July 6 - Aug 3, so starting to get excited.

Question about home charging. The previous owner of my house had a NEMA 6-50R installed in the garage, which I'm hoping to use rather than purchasing the wall connector. I'm going to have an electrician in soon to check if it works as I have never tried to use it. Assuming it works properly, I think I would just need to have a mobile connector and the correct adapter. However, with the mobile connector being sold out, I'm not sure what I should do as I'm not confident it will be in stock anytime soon. Any suggestions or tips?
Welcome to the Tesla family and a fantastic forum of insight, perseverance, and support! Let's deliver those M3's and chargers to Jersey before the summer ends!!😎

NEMA 14-50 outlet installed this morning, it's starting to feel real and hopefully I'll have my Model 3 by this time next week

Attachments

• IMG-3445.jpg
    IMG-3445.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG-3447.jpg
    IMG-3447.jpg
    644.1 KB · Views: 63
  • teslapanel.jpg
    teslapanel.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 60
For all my Arizona people who got VINs recently, did you all receive that JUNE text? I did not receive it and now I am worrying that I didn’t make the cut for Q2. My EDD at the time that text went out was 06/18-06-28. Still have the same EDD currently.

I know this is all speculation and the long wait, but I’m looking at EDDs and everyone talking about 90-100 days being the magic timeframe. So here is the question I have. My OD is May 12, I’m on the east coast (Virginia- NOVA), the push is always the end of quarter deliveries and they try to do east coast earlier in the quarter and west coast the end of quarter… is there a good chance that I will actually get my car in August? I was thinking EOQ was 30 September so they would be really pushing to get east coast done by the end of August. Plus my 100 days is closer to 22 August. Am I looking at this the right way? Current EDD 2 Sept - 14 Oct

For all my Arizona people who got VINs recently, did you all receive that JUNE text? I did not receive it and now I am worrying that I didn’t make the cut for Q2. My EDD at the time that text went out was 06/18-06-28. Still have the same EDD currently.
Some of them already received their vins yesterday and today tho. I had the JUNE text but I’m still waiting for my vin at this point.

I got the JUNE text on Tuesday this week and didn’t see it until yesterday.. i received my vin anyway yesterday then I replied and today I scheduled my delivery for the 23rd

To the first guy welcome. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that EDD likely will not hold. I'm on the east coast late April and my EDD has essentially zeroed in on an August delivery. You will likely be looking at a September- October if you ordered in May. EDDs rarely move forward unless someone cancels and you get that car. As a whole though they don't really move. They are still working on March! orders to the east coast. I don't think anyone has gotten a VIN yet who ordered in April unless the car was a cancelation or in Ohio lol.

The wait time is really 3-3.5 months right now on average so add that to your order date to get an approximation. You can always upgrade to a P but on the north east I'd highly recommend against that