Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't recall seeing many checks being mailed to Tesla from a lender but it does happen and you can even find the instructions on their site. The vast majority of orders are paid for with either ACH or a check at the actual delivery. Are you sure the credit union isn't planning to give you a physical check?
I think they will mail a check to Tesla directly.

Reactions: Nfletcher
Are you dealing with a credit union that isn't local to you? That's when it's happened in the past, at least on this forum. Regardless you should be fine considering that it's not likely that you'll be asked to accept the car before Tuesday.
It is a local credit union, but seems no matter they pay via check or ACH, I won't be able to take delivery on Monday or Tuesday...

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Hello LR Folks,

After a loong internal debate, I decided to switch to LR on Tuesday and got a VIN assigned today. Here's my updated timeline:

Configuration: Model 3 SR+ Switched to LR, MSM, Black Interior, No FSD
Ordered: 9/30/2021

EDD as of 5/27: July 14 - August 18
June 14 at 11:52AM - Upgraded to LR
EDD as of 6/15: June 17 - June 29
June 18 - VIN Assigned
EDD as of 6/18: June 20 - 24
Pending Delivery Scheduling

Been a long journey!

Edit: VIN 294xxx
Your situation is really interesting because it demonstrates that Tesla does consider “your place in line” when assigning the VIN and setting a delivery date. Because you ordered September 2021 and upgraded to an LR in June 2022, they bumped you to a late-June delivery date. Anyone else who may have upgraded to an LR, but had a more recent order date, probably wouldn’t get such an immediate delivery date

Reactions: MisterPo
Got a pushback this morning of almost a month. Puts it back in alignment more with my original EDD of over 120 days from OD. It’s a bummer but it will get here one day.
What? 120 days? I thought 94 was bad and then @T-J was worst. I guess if you look at the M3 RWD waiting room, they are even worse and 1 yr and waiting. Such patience. But now if you order the same car today it's looking like Feb 2023! We're all very fortunate to have ordered and miss these last few price hikes.
You'll get it soon and love it!

So while you all are patiently waiting and for a VIN get ready for some post-delivery things to-do. I feel its a good idea to have a CCS1 adapter so you can use other networks like EVgo, Electrify America and other EV stations especiallyif you are traveling where there are no Tesla chargers. This CCS1 is not available in US yet but Tesla Korea has them first so here's a code from Harumio in Korea a forwarding service in Korea that sells the CCS1 adapter. I purchased it and they said to share it. I hope it works multiple times. Harumio is a forwarding service for Korean products. It took only 10 days to receive it by DHL.
I highly recommend having one as you'll have other options if you are traveling and are not near a Tesla network and a peace of mind being able to charge elsewhere.
Secondly, while you're waiting this out, check out some videos on PPF as we know our cars don't have the best rating when it comes to paint and I just had it put on but should have done it right after delivery. If you can, get it done as soon as possible. Most come with 10 year product warranty and life time repair by your shop for defects. I never realized this car would be so consuming but here I go with parking far away to learning about how to wash the car. Not what I expected in owning a Tesla. I recommend watching these two guys on Lockett Tech with Menard Premium Detailing [Shine On!] washing the car and pro tips on PPF and products to use on your Tesla. Who knew this money pit doesn't stop.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220618-221141_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220618-221141_Gmail.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 96
For anyone else concerned, once you update your signature, it will apply retroactively to all your posts. So if you delete your signature, it is deleted from all your posts.

Thanks for getting that signature information in there.

I hope you're not claustrophobic because Tyson's is very tight on space in its delivery area.
I really wanted Richmond because my wife picked up her MY there and said they were great. I was only offered TC and Rockville as choices.

I already paid my down payment with ACH. But according to the credit union, they will issue a check to Tesla. I guess Tesla won't allow me to take delivery without seeing proof of the bank payment?
This happened with me the credit union mailed the check to Fremont, I just provided the tracking # to my SA he was able to confirm that it was delivered and processed the next day . No issues.

Reactions: HektikBob
so after placing our order in the beginning of March, and only getting one out of the three price increases so far, Stardust is here. I've watched a lot of Monroe Live videos on their teardown's of Teslas and I must say our car was pretty much perfect. I must admit it was nice to have a place like this to commiserate with people in the same boat as myself!

It feels like it takes forever to get the car, but man it is so much sweeter when you finally take delivery. Staff at the Tesla dealership was awesome!!!!!

So yes Virginia, there is a Tesla delivery date :)

Attachments

• IMG_7004a.jpg
    IMG_7004a.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 82
Just a got a text that my car came in early and is ready if I wanted an earlier pickup! I was scheduled for Thursday but just confirmed Monday afternoon instead! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
so after placing our order in the beginning of March, and only getting one out of the three price increases so far, Stardust is here. I've watched a lot of Monroe Live videos on their teardown's of Teslas and I must say our car was pretty much perfect. I must admit it was nice to have a place like this to commiserate with people in the same boat as myself!

It feels like it takes forever to get the car, but man it is so much sweeter when you finally take delivery. Staff at the Tesla dealership was awesome!!!!!

So yes Virginia, there is a Tesla delivery date :)
Congrats!! 🎉🥳🎉So glad all went well with the delivery of Stardust!

Reactions: markc2
ugh new EDD pushed back slightly but now it's a 10 day window, they are really going to take this until the very end of the quarter
No change for my EDD. Your EDD chage worries me. I ordered 3 days after you with the exact same configuration. I noticed the MSM color we choice has not had a lot of orders filled. I was really hoping we would get our orders filled this quarter. I still have hope but it is slowly fading.

Reactions: markc2
No change for my EDD. Your EDD chage worries me. I ordered 3 days after you with the exact same configuration. I noticed the MSM color we choice has not had a lot of orders filled. I was really hoping we would get our orders filled this quarter. I still have hope but it is slowly fading.

I have to travel for work from July 5th - 8th and it'll be just my luck that will be the delivery window

It is a local credit union, but seems no matter they pay via check or ACH, I won't be able to take delivery on Monday or Tuesday...
I picked up my check from my credit union and all tesla required that I send a picture of the check front and back 24 hours prior I pick up the car so they can verify the check !! The next day i handed them the same check day of delivery … paperwork was less than 10 minutes …

I have to travel for work from July 5th - 8th and it'll be just my luck that will be the delivery window
I'll keep my fingers crossed you will get the call before your work trip. Since your work trip is only 3 days, hopefully they will be able to work something out with the delivery date if it falls within your work trip. I swear this is making me so anxious. I am constantly checking my phone for text messages or a missed call from Tesla. I am not going to even try to guess how many times I check the app daily. :rolleyes: My delivery date can't get here fast enough.:)