Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checked the app this AM and bummed to see the date reset to a later time frame. 😞

20220619_093346.jpg

Reactions: Maric
Good eyes from everyone else that noticed MSM is being pushed back. I guess that is why I got pushed back a month. I would upgrade to red or blue (don’t like black or white cars) for the extra money in hopes of getting it sooner but I manage rental properties and I can’t have a red Tesla (or any eye catching colored car) as a bright beacon to be stolen or carjacked while I’m in some high crime areas. Hopefully they’ll run a big batch of MSM paint soon. Or maybe others will upgrade to another color. I have to resist the red upgrade!

I think they will mail a check to Tesla directly.
I have the same problem. Is it common to be rushed for delivery? With the banks closed due to the long weekend, I'll get my check from a credit union on Tuesday. My delivery is Monday at 6 p.m. but I am told that one has 24 hours to pick up the car. I am also told to scan the checks and email them prior to coming over for delivery. Is the email address factorydelivery at Tesla a legit address?

I have the same problem. Is it common to be rushed for delivery? With the banks closed due to the long weekend, I'll get my check from a credit union on Tuesday. My delivery is Monday at 6 p.m. but I am told that one has 24 hours to pick up the car. I am also told to scan the checks and email them prior to coming over for delivery. Is the email address factorydelivery at Tesla a legit address?
May I know how long did it take for the delivery appointment to appear after VIN is out? Mine is still showing a date range.

So after the longest 1.8-mile walk from the Chicago train station with a wife and two kids under 14 with a check for 54K in my hand yesterday. The paperwork is signed, the loaner is delivered, and just waiting for Tuesday at 10 now.

We did end up parking at WaterTower place and having a fun family night in the city and got home at almost midnight. So we took a kinda crappy day and made it the best possible. I would have loved to hear "we made some magic happen and your car is now available" but I get logistics are hard and they are only doing what they can. No reason to be crappy about it when it's only a couple extra days in the grand scheme of things. Plus if there is another delay, hey I have their loaner until it's ready. So basically free miles for me :).

I do want to say kudos to everyone at Tesla's service center, they all were very apologetic about the issue and in my eyes went above and beyond by letting me get a loaner. They could have easily said, "sorry - see ya Tuesday" and left me without a car for three days.

They did loan me a 22 MSM M3P, I scared the crap out of my wife when I hit it leaving the toll booth. She said "that made my stomach go weird" lol. Then the question was "well how much is the P vs the LR", and I told her it was about 6/7K and she was like, that was fun but not sure it's worth the extra for that when you don't use it that much. She is right, I would rather have the better range and better ride than the speed.

O and my daughter is going to name this one "Pre-Tesla" when we get into it later and go somewhere lol.

So after the longest 1.8-mile walk from the Chicago train station with a wife and two kids under 14 with a check for 54K in my hand yesterday. The paperwork is signed, the loaner is delivered, and just waiting for Tuesday at 10 now.

We did end up parking at WaterTower place and having a fun family night in the city and got home at almost midnight. So we took a kinda crappy day and made it the best possible. I would have loved to hear "we made some magic happen and your car is now available" but I get logistics are hard and they are only doing what they can. No reason to be crappy about it when it's only a couple extra days in the grand scheme of things. Plus if there is another delay, hey I have their loaner until it's ready. So basically free miles for me :).

I do want to say kudos to everyone at Tesla's service center, they all were very apologetic about the issue and in my eyes went above and beyond by letting me get a loaner. They could have easily said, "sorry - see ya Tuesday" and left me without a car for three days.

They did loan me a 22 MSM M3P, I scared the crap out of my wife when I hit it leaving the toll booth. She said "that made my stomach go weird" lol. Then the question was "well how much is the P vs the LR", and I told her it was about 6/7K and she was like, that was fun but not sure it's worth the extra for that when you don't use it that much. She is right, I would rather have the better range and better ride than the speed.

O and my daughter is going to name this one "Pre-Tesla" when we get into it later and go somewhere lol.
Fun family read! 🥰 Smart wife too!! When I started seeing the super quick EDD when upgrading to the P it was soooo tempting. I almost did it, but then the logic side of the brain kicked in...better range and less $

so after placing our order in the beginning of March, and only getting one out of the three price increases so far, Stardust is here. I've watched a lot of Monroe Live videos on their teardown's of Teslas and I must say our car was pretty much perfect. I must admit it was nice to have a place like this to commiserate with people in the same boat as myself!

It feels like it takes forever to get the car, but man it is so much sweeter when you finally take delivery. Staff at the Tesla dealership was awesome!!!!!

So yes Virginia, there is a Tesla delivery date :)
The white interior with the blue exterior looks amazing! Enjoy your new car 🚙💨

Fun family read! 🥰 Smart wife too!! When I started seeing the super quick EDD when upgrading to the P it was soooo tempting. I almost did it, but then the logic side of the brain kicked in...better range and less $
Not gonna lie, my finger was on the change order button prob 3 times after seeing people talk about getting their VIN sooner when switching to P. Then a few days later I got my VIN. So I think after Tuesday I will be glad I didnt do the P model. Not that I wouldnt like it or want it, just its extra $$, less range, and here in NWIN I would need a winter set of rims/tires, so not only is it another 6/7K its another 3/4K in rims/tires.

Well just got a bitter sweet call from Tesla in Chicago. Looks like my car is still at the rail yard :( they are trying their best to offload and have to the center by 4, but its not looking likely.

They do however have a loaner for me to use until Tuesday so. Either way I am getting some sort of Telsa today :).
I wonder if my car is there too lol. mine will be picked up Saturday in Lisle

Nice! Hope everything goes well. The LR does have an accelerated boost, right?