Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
New to the forum and reading many posts about EDDs.
I'm also in PHX and ordered 3/20/22 M3LR, Silver, Aero wheels, no FSD...my delivery dates have been 6/9-7/25, 6/11-7/18, 7/18-8/29, and now has stayed at 7/2-8/6! Seems like I ordered 2 days before you and am projected later still. Bummer
That’s crazy tho but I originally order the SR and I swapped it to LR within 2 days. Also I received the JUNE text On Tuesday but that’s that’s about it. Text the SA few times but barley heard anything from them…

Delivery day happened for me yesterday! 98 days between order and delivery for me. The car is great and fun to drive.

I had at home delivery (I must have selected that when I ordered, but honestly don't remember). I got a call from the service center person asking me to make sure I was ready to accept delivery on the day of and, when I asked what time they would show up, they indicated they could do during the scheduled 2 hour block or "within 30 minutes." I ended up getting the car about 2 hours earlier than my delivery window (window between 12pm-2pm, got a bit after 10:30am). The person had a few forms for me to sign and they took them; this was a little different than what I expected, given the Tesla at home delivery videos I watched, where I expected to not see anyone and have to mail my paperwork myself. It seemed they had someone who typically works in the service center office doing delivery, so maybe this was atypical and related to the EOQ delivery rush?

There are a couple asymmetric aspects to the trim, but I'm not even sure it's worth it to me to bother trying to get them fixed -- I had to look closely to even identify them. I don't know if I would have even noticed had it not been for everyone posting their inspection checklists.

Driving is a joy. Single pedal takes a bit to get used to, but it's so much better than shifting your foot between pedals. TACC and autosteer help offload cognitive overhead on highways significantly, making the drive way more enjoyable. Instant power of electric motors is great.

Good luck to everyone in the rest of your wait -- the wait definitely turns out worth it!

I've been waiting for months to do this - I'm posting from the car's browser during my pick-up! LOL

The car is amazing and the delivery has been smooth. As everyone says, it's definitely worth the wait. I'm excited to get on the road and see how it drives.

Thank you so much for all of the fun conversation and for helping me get through the wait. I've learned so much and I will definitely be sticking around to help the next group of buyers.

View attachment 818539
if Mine looks half as good as that, Im going to be a happy person :) Congratulations!

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
I’m picking up at Tyson’s as well! Can’t wait! Where is the area that you pick up your car? went there for a test drive but not sure where the pick up area is.
Wish I knew…only been there twice. Both times went straight inside after parking out front. Pick up area could be out front, if there is room, or more likely somewhere on the left side of the building as you face the entrance.

Note: As it’s been 88 days since ordering, hopefully, not too much longer to wait. I did get the MSM color though…so we shall see.

Couple questions:
1. Have a trade in. Should I wait and enter these details only when the VIN is ready? I think trade-in offer is only valid for 30 days or so.
2. Am not sure if I will pay cash or finance. At order stage, I entered full cash payment. The App is asking me whether I will pay cash or finance. Can I ignore this question for now until VIN is ready?

Hello,
New to the forum and reading many posts about EDDs.
I'm also in PHX and ordered 3/20/22 M3LR, Silver, Aero wheels, no FSD...my delivery dates have been 6/9-7/25, 6/11-7/18, 7/18-8/29, and now has stayed at 7/2-8/6! Seems like I ordered 2 days before you and am projected later still. Bummer
You ordered a base configuration, and those are supposed to take about 30 days longer to build. Priority is on pricier vehicles. For example, you can get a Model 3 Performance almost instantly, while a Model 3 SR+ is available... eventually.
The person had a few forms for me to sign and they took them; this was a little different than what I expected, given the Tesla at home delivery videos I watched, where I expected to not see anyone and have to mail my paperwork myself. It seemed they had someone who typically works in the service center office doing delivery, so maybe this was atypical and related to the EOQ delivery rush?
The delivery process varies from state to state according to their laws. In Virginia I had quite a bit of paperwork to go through.
I’m picking up at Tyson’s as well! Can’t wait! Where is the area that you pick up your car? went there for a test drive but not sure where the pick up area is.
The delivery area is on the right side of the building, about halfway down. Look for the red door just beyond some loading bays (with doors closed). It has a sign over it, but I forget what it says. That's where you go in to take delivery.

Reactions: HeatherW22
Couple questions:
1. Have a trade in. Should I wait and enter these details only when the VIN is ready? I think trade-in offer is only valid for 30 days or so.
2. Am not sure if I will pay cash or finance. At order stage, I entered full cash payment. The App is asking me whether I will pay cash or finance. Can I ignore this question for now until VIN is ready?
1) you should wait
2) you can select cash and change later when you get a VIN if you want to finance. Make sure though the app says your complete. Then in about a day you will get a real edd with real dates that's how you know you are in the queue

1) you should wait
2) you can select cash and change later when you get a VIN if you want to finance. Make sure though the app says your complete. Then in about a day you will get a real edd with real dates that's how you know you are in the queue
thanks for the info. I assumed I was already in the queue even though I have not completed all the steps through the app. I will now complete all the steps with the assumption that I can make the changes (trade in and payment preference) later on.

I've been waiting for months to do this - I'm posting from the car's browser during my pick-up! LOL

The car is amazing and the delivery has been smooth. As everyone says, it's definitely worth the wait. I'm excited to get on the road and see how it drives.

Thank you so much for all of the fun conversation and for helping me get through the wait. I've learned so much and I will definitely be sticking around to help the next group of buyers.

View attachment 818539
🎉🥳🎉 So happy you finally got your beautiful M3 and all went well! Best wishes

thanks for the info. I assumed I was already in the queue even though I have not completed all the steps through the app. I will now complete all the steps with the assumption that I can make the changes (trade in and payment preference) later on.
Np happy to help. The app should say we will notify you when it's time to continue. To get to that you must add your license, decline ( for now ) a trade and select cash. Do not select finance as you will then need to apply for finance which only lasts 60 days. I made that mistake when I first started. Once that is ready you should see dates for you edd and you are good to go. Best of luck

Delivery day happened for me yesterday! 98 days between order and delivery for me. The car is great and fun to drive.

I had at home delivery (I must have selected that when I ordered, but honestly don't remember). I got a call from the service center person asking me to make sure I was ready to accept delivery on the day of and, when I asked what time they would show up, they indicated they could do during the scheduled 2 hour block or "within 30 minutes." I ended up getting the car about 2 hours earlier than my delivery window (window between 12pm-2pm, got a bit after 10:30am). The person had a few forms for me to sign and they took them; this was a little different than what I expected, given the Tesla at home delivery videos I watched, where I expected to not see anyone and have to mail my paperwork myself. It seemed they had someone who typically works in the service center office doing delivery, so maybe this was atypical and related to the EOQ delivery rush?

There are a couple asymmetric aspects to the trim, but I'm not even sure it's worth it to me to bother trying to get them fixed -- I had to look closely to even identify them. I don't know if I would have even noticed had it not been for everyone posting their inspection checklists.

Driving is a joy. Single pedal takes a bit to get used to, but it's so much better than shifting your foot between pedals. TACC and autosteer help offload cognitive overhead on highways significantly, making the drive way more enjoyable. Instant power of electric motors is great.

Good luck to everyone in the rest of your wait -- the wait definitely turns out worth it!
🥳🎉🎉 Awesome! Happy you won't have to keep checking thoses EDD's anymore! Enjoy

Reactions: ms512
Np happy to help. The app should say we will notify you when it's time to continue. To get to that you must add your license, decline ( for now ) a trade and select cash. Do not select finance as you will then need to apply for finance which only lasts 60 days. I made that mistake when I first started. Once that is ready you should see dates for you edd and you are good to go. Best of luck
Perfect - this really helps; thanks again. I was under the false impression that I was good to go since the app does give a EDD range of Nov 2022 - Jan 2023. But I will complete all the pending items as you mention.

Reactions: ZZ118