Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got asked if I want to pick up sooner so I am picking up my car tomorrow now. Here is run-down:
OD: 3/11/22 - Placed order for SR/White/Black/No-FSD/18"
EDD: 7/24-8/15
4/18 EDD: 8/17-10/12
5/24 EDD: 9/29-11/24
6/16 Switched to LR
6/17 EDD: 6/19-6/29
6/19: VIN assigned
6/21: Scheduled pickup for 6/22

I asked about matrix headlights and was told it will not come with it. I wonder how many are getting their cars with matrix headlights. Not a huge deal for me anyway but I was just curious and asked.

She can make her own Tesla account and you can allow access to your car through your account.

But sharing the login works too and she would get access to all the features. I believe secondary users of the car with their own account don’t have as much access to the car with the app.
That's good to know, didn't find anything about that in the user's manual. I'll have to do a little more research and see if I can get that to work. I don't mind her having all the same access as me though.

Edit: Found it. You go to Security and Add Driver.

Last edited:
Got asked if I want to pick up sooner so I am picking up my car tomorrow now. Here is run-down:
OD: 3/11/22 - Placed order for SR/White/Black/No-FSD/18"
EDD: 7/24-8/15
4/18 EDD: 8/17-10/12
5/24 EDD: 9/29-11/24
6/16 Switched to LR
6/17 EDD: 6/19-6/29
6/19: VIN assigned
6/21: Scheduled pickup for 6/22

I asked about matrix headlights and was told it will not come with it. I wonder how many are getting their cars with matrix headlights. Not a huge deal for me anyway but I was just curious and asked.
What’s your VIN range?

That's because ICE cars need time for the oil to sink into the parts of the engine etc no need on an EV. As someone said the breaks might need a little breaking in but overall you can punch it right off the lot
That's good because I have punched it many times in just one day of ownership 😆

My kids are a terrible influence, they shout "Go fast, go fast!" over and over and scream like they're on a rollercoaster when you floor it.

Have any of the Bay Area folks who ordered in early to mid march started getting VINs/taken delivery of their cars yet? I am closing in on 100 days since my OD and I still haven’t received my VIN. Got the JUNE text a couple weeks back but haven’t had any updates since.

OD 3/15
M3LR Blue/Black, Aero, No FSD
Had a bunch of EDD changes with the most recent one being 6/23 - 7/3.

Have any of the Bay Area folks who ordered in early to mid march started getting VINs/taken delivery of their cars yet? I am closing in on 100 days since my OD and I still haven’t received my VIN. Got the JUNE text a couple weeks back but haven’t had any updates since.

OD 3/15
M3LR Blue/Black, Aero, No FSD
Had a bunch of EDD changes with the most recent one being 6/23 - 7/3.
I'm literally on the same boat as you. Exact same car. I ordered 7 days earlier than you though. MY EDD is 6/22 - 7/2 no VIN

I'm literally on the same boat as you. Exact same car. I ordered 7 days earlier than you though. MY EDD is 6/22 - 7/2 no VIN
Nice choice on the config! I was confident I would get the car this month but starting to get anxious now. Already sold my car a couple months ago as I had gone on a vacation last month. Not sure how much longer I can manage without a car given the state of public transportation in the Bay Area :/

Nice choice on the config! I was confident I would get the car this month but starting to get anxious now. Already sold my car a couple months ago as I had gone on a vacation last month. Not sure how much longer I can manage without a car given the state of public transportation in the Bay Area :/
haha you too my friend! Yup I understand. The lack of public transportation in the Bay Area sucks. But, if you can WFH it's amazing :). We will probably get ours at the very end of the qtr.. :C

Well, guys, it's been fun, 90 days of fun to be exact. But I graduated this morning. A wise man once said, "She's a beaut, Clark!" And boy is she.

Everyone I present "Summer".

We realized today was the first day of summer, so it seemed fitting.

After having the P for the last two days and now getting the LR, I can confirm we made the right decision. Color's wheels, model, everything. Perfect.

There wasn't a scratch, blemish, panel gap, or anything wrong with it. Also got all the goodies, charger, dual pane windows, ryzen chip, and matrix lights.

It's a bit surreal but I am glad to have the wait over with. Like everyone says it's worth it, but I still truly believe the wait before the VIN is way easier than the wait after getting the VIN.
Now to go buy the Homelink garage opener because carrying around a manual opener isn't going to be fun lol.

hahagas.jpg
IMG_7877.JPG

My daughter acting like a race car driver:
IMG_7886.JPG

Well, guys, it's been fun, 90 days of fun to be exact. But I graduated this morning. A wise man once said, "She's a beaut, Clark!" And boy is she.

After having the P for the last two days and now getting the LR, I can confirm we made the right decision. Color's wheels, model, everything. Perfect.

There wasn't a scratch, blemish, panel gap, or anything wrong with it. Also got all the goodies, charger, dual pane windows, ryzen chip, and matrix lights.

It's a bit surreal but I am glad to have the wait over with. Like everyone says it's worth it, but I still truly believe the wait before the VIN is way easier than the wait after getting the VIN.
Now to go buy the Homelink garage opener because carrying around a manual opener isn't going to be fun lol.

View attachment 819334View attachment 819335

View attachment 819336

looks like we got the same config! shes beautiful!! congrats!!

Reactions: 7BaconTacos

View attachment 819334View attachment 819335

View attachment 819336

Doesn't the red look so much better in person than it does on the app/website? It's better than I ever imagined. Worth the money in my opinion.

Reactions: jpaychek