Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realized that I haven't posted any pics of the Black Pearl recently. Here's some of her, now that she has her tint all done. I also added matte black wraps to the Tesla logos on the hood, trunk and steering wheel. Finally got my plate today as well. We call them the "Cloud Plate" here in Arizona. It's what lets me use the HOV lane anytime.
She also did her first software update today. I'm now on 2022.16.2
Looking at the garage...I take it you are a former cheesehead.

Reactions: T-J-
Yesterday I got a call from Tesla asking about a trade-in quote. I woke up today with no change in EDD. At 3:52, I had a missed call while at work. A few minutes later I get a text stating congrats, I have been assigned VIN 295 and to check the app and complete the trade in tasks. YAY!!! 😀 My new EDD is June 24 - July 1. I am actually suprised, Tesla's quote was only a couple hundred dollars lower than Carmax or Caravana. I accepted their quote, as it will be much easier to trade it with them and have a car to drive until delivery day.

It seems so surreal. I can't wait for delivery day. I paid $51 at Costco today, to fill up my car that was half full. :rolleyes: Can't wait until I never have to wait in line at Costco for gas again. :) FYI, for those waiting for your VIN, make sure you know where your pink slip is if you are trading in a car. I moved recently and had a mini panic attack because my pink slip was not with my other important paperwork. Luckily, I found it and the spare key fob.
I got my VIN and phone call today as well. We have the same EDD as well and they said if I used Tesla financing, they would give me home delivery. First time I have heard home delivery was available if I used their financing instead of another 3rd party.

Yesterday I got a call from Tesla asking about a trade-in quote. I woke up today with no change in EDD. At 3:52, I had a missed call while at work. A few minutes later I get a text stating congrats, I have been assigned VIN 295 and to check the app and complete the trade in tasks. YAY!!! 😀 My new EDD is June 24 - July 1. I am actually suprised, Tesla's quote was only a couple hundred dollars lower than Carmax or Caravana. I accepted their quote, as it will be much easier to trade it with them and have a car to drive until delivery day.

It seems so surreal. I can't wait for delivery day. I paid $51 at Costco today, to fill up my car that was half full. :rolleyes: Can't wait until I never have to wait in line at Costco for gas again. :) FYI, for those waiting for your VIN, make sure you know where your pink slip is if you are trading in a car. I moved recently and had a mini panic attack because my pink slip was not with my other important paperwork. Luckily, I found it and the spare key fob.
Hopefully that will be a good sign for me since i also got a call today from Tesla about trading my vehicle.

Reactions: Acocpuff
I got my VIN and phone call today as well. We have the same EDD as well and they said if I used Tesla financing, they would give me home delivery. First time I have heard home delivery was available if I used their financing instead of another 3rd party.
Congrats! Its been a long time coming for a lot of us. :) When I ordered online, home delivery was the only option available. I live in a townhome with no private driveway to access my garage. So street parking would be the only option with home delivery. I didn't want them to just park my new baby on the street. 😂🤣 I recently went to the mall and changed it to pickup at a SC. Plus, I wanted the option of looking over the car before I accept it. It seems like home delivery for everyone on here has been pretty seamless. So, maybe I should have kept it. I do recall someone on here saying Tesla prefers to do home deliveries as the lots at the SC gets full quickly during the end of quarter push. I asked if I could swith to a different SC today. I was told I would need to reject the VIN and delay delivery. Of course I said no. I live pretty much equal distance between the two Tesla service centers. I am just happy to have a VIN. I'll be even happier when I get to make my appoitment for delivery.

Based on the good advise from here, I had my SA switch me from cash payment to financing with my credit union today. My credit union is only open Monday - Friday (9-5). I think I need to provide them a copy of the service agreement for them to cut the check. I want to have the check before the weekend, in hopes Tesla will give me the option to pick up my car on the weekend or early next week. Wishful thinking, as I don't have a link to make an appointment yet. :)

That's good because I have punched it many times in just one day of ownership 😆

My kids are a terrible influence, they shout "Go fast, go fast!" over and over and scream like they're on a rollercoaster when you floor it.
I graduated today. A day early! I texted my SA this am and said if by any chance the car is ready today I can pick it up (my scheduled pickup was Wed. at 3pm). Sure enough, there was a 3pm opening and I grabbed it.

VIN#293xxx Matrix (shocked really) Charging cable. Full charge and nicely detailed. Best of all, the car is immaculate. I am super picky. So picky that I honestly held off buying a Tesla for years because I've seen in person the build issues and even the smallest issues would drive me nuts (I'm a freak). Panel gaps look fine, no scratches, interior is perfect. I drove from the Tesla lot directly to a detailer I know to have him look over the car. He could find nothing and was impressed with the build quality. So as everyone has said, as painful as the journey can be, the car is worth the wait.

EDIT: I did not get Michelins. I got Hankook Kinergy GTs. I don't know if they are any good or not!

Here are some photos of 'SOLARIS'.
View attachment 819418

View attachment 819419View attachment 819420View attachment 819421
🎉🥳🎉 Woo-Hoo! Long wait is finally over! Love that color combo on Solaris! Best wishes!!

For you new owners, make sure (if you have pets) to check out dog mode. It's a very underrated feature of these cars that and ICE car cannot do. It's almost 100 degrees here in Chicago and turning on dog mode, I can keep my cabin at 67 degrees while I run into the store.

Very overlooked great feature.
I picked up my car on Sunday, drove to one of the newest superchargers in this region and found myself looking at a piece of trash leaving her dogs in the car in 96 degree weather as she was inside Buc-ee's. I'm the type that keeps to myself but I did report her. Even when she came out she sat in the car for 4-5 minutes without starting it as she played with her phone. It would be nice if every car had that feature, although I still have concerns about people not seeing the screen and freaking out about the dogs being inside. BTW, if I didn't make it clear this woman was in an ICE car.

I hear you. The last time I paid for fuel was bittersweet. On one hand, I paid an arm and a leg for half a tank. On the other hand, that was going to be the last time I paid for any fuel for a while, after sinking a car’s worth into the pumps in all those years.

Once I got the car, not paying for gas after a long commute felt almost as good as flooring the car in Standard acceleration mode. ;)

Reactions: Acocpuff and cmy4x4
Graduation Day! I picked up my M3-LR on Tuesday in Indianapolis. Pickup was fairly smooth, signed the hand off and title documents while handing off my check from DCU (I didn't finance the total cost and also paid the down payment through the tesla app the night before). The SA then pulled it in front, plugged it into the charger and handed me the key cards. He then left me with the car to link my phone and check everything out. I was surprised by how relaxed everything felt but also underwhelmed by the service center (decor, quality of the building etc.) and now understand what people say about Tesla needing to improve their customer experience.

Checked the car over thoroughly and was very happy that there were no panel gaps, light misalignments or trim/glass issues. The only flaw was a small deep scratch on the driver side pillar of which the SA took pics and told me to schedule service (he said they could just replace the whole piece). I still haven't done a first hand wash but after wiping down the trunk i did notice what looks like a small clear coat splash (or maybe a drop of sweat in the clear??) but need to investigate it further.

Features:
Lights- Matrix (already did the light show against my garage door last night, warning it also blasts the Sub and opens the trunk! :))
Tires- Michelin
Mobile Charger- included

Things that surprised me:
- How comfortable and smooth the 18" wheels are while still feeling planted
- How smooth and stupid fast it is at all speeds. Effortless acceleration! I didn't go past 1/4 throttle for a while but when I did...:)!!!!!
- Roof seemed to block sun and heat well (90 degrees and no clouds on drive home) but sun def beat in through windshield and windows.

Other things:
- Regen braking/single pedal is amazing. Accidently brake checked a few people while getting used to it... Got used to it on the freeway but for right turns etc. it took a bit longer to judge speed/perception.
- Self installed wall charger worked great (pulled full 48amp and 12 Kw/Hr)
- Wall charger pulled about 2 kw/hr

Next:
- Ceramic tint (windshield 80%, doors/back window 30%) next week
- Clean/treat interior
- Clean outside and ceramic coat (myself, bought Adams UV ceramic)
- Determine if roof shades are necessary or only for extended outside parking?

Note- I installed Tesmanian floor liners and happy with them so far, great fit and no logo.

This forum has kept me sane and taught me a lot! Thanks to everyone for their posts and input.

STAY STRONG. IT IS 100% WORTH THE WAIT!!!!!

1_edit.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Graduation Day! I picked up my M3-LR on Tuesday in Indianapolis. Pickup was fairly smooth, signed the hand off and title documents while handing off my check from DCU (I didn't finance the total cost and also paid the down payment through the tesla app the night before). The SA then pulled it in front, plugged it into the charger and handed me the key cards. He then left me with the car to link my phone and check everything out. I was surprised by how relaxed everything felt but also underwhelmed by the service center (decor, quality of the building etc.) and now understand what people say about Tesla needing to improve their customer experience.

Checked the car over thoroughly and was very happy that there were no panel gaps, light misalignments or trim/glass issues. The only flaw was a small deep scratch on the driver side pillar of which the SA took pics and told me to schedule service (he said they could just replace the whole piece). I still haven't done a first hand wash but after wiping down the trunk i did notice what looks like a small clear coat splash (or maybe a drop of sweat in the clear??) but need to investigate it further.

Features:
Lights- Matrix (already did the light show against my garage door last night, warning it also blasts the Sub and opens the trunk! :))
Tires- Michelin
Mobile Charger- included

Things that surprised me:
- How comfortable and smooth the 18" wheels are while still feeling planted
- How smooth and stupid fast it is at all speeds. Effortless acceleration! I didn't go past 1/4 throttle for a while but when I did...:)!!!!!
- Roof seemed to block sun and heat well (90 degrees and no clouds on drive home) but sun def beat in through windshield and windows.

Other things:
- Regen braking/single pedal is amazing. Accidently brake checked a few people while getting used to it... Got used to it on the freeway but for right turns etc. it took a bit longer to judge speed/perception.
- Self installed wall charger worked great (pulled full 48amp and 12 Kw/Hr)
- Wall charger pulled about 2 kw/hr

Next:
- Ceramic tint (windshield 80%, doors/back window 30%) next week
- Clean/treat interior
- Clean outside and ceramic coat (myself, bought Adams UV ceramic)
- Determine if roof shades are necessary or only for extended outside parking?

Note- I installed Tesmanian floor liners and happy with them so far, great fit and no logo.

This forum has kept me sane and taught me a lot! Thanks to everyone for their posts and input.

STAY STRONG. IT IS 100% WORTH THE WAIT!!!!!

View attachment 819559View attachment 819560View attachment 819561View attachment 819562View attachment 819563
Congrats man! I’m picking mine up from Indy today…. Hope its a smooth process

In Raleigh
Just got the text today to schedule delivery. Pick it up June 26 - earliest date available
Latest EDD was June 21 - June 27.
VIN text came on June 6 (272zxx)
Text from SA on June 8 that car had left factory and was in transit
EDD then changed to June 24 to June 28
OD 3/13
M3 LR
MSM paint
18” Aero Wheels
Autopilot - no FSD
I am in Raleigh and recently had a push of 06/24-07/08 to 07/09-08/06 with an OD of 4/2

In Raleigh
Just got the text today to schedule delivery. Pick it up June 26 - earliest date available
Latest EDD was June 21 - June 27.
VIN text came on June 6 (272zxx)
Text from SA on June 8 that car had left factory and was in transit
EDD then changed to June 24 to June 28
OD 3/13
M3 LR
MSM paint
18” Aero Wheels
Autopilot - no FSD
Got a text from the SA on 6/23 that the car hadn’t arrived at the lot and they were rescheduling my appointment to 6/28. Haven’t heard anything else but app and website still show delivery for 6/28.