Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Thanks for the screenshot! Below is mine🤪

1655925435135.png

Reactions: windjammer99
Well, the day finally came. Got the VIN text this morning at 7:00am. It didn't look like the VIN ever showed up in the source code before this morning, but I'll be honest, I didn't check last night. Delivery is currently scheduled for tomorrow afternoon! VIN series is 299XXX. I'll report back on all the various configurations after delivery! It's been a fun ride everyone, and I wish those of you still waiting the best of luck!!

I wouldn't worry about the gap as other than a cosmetic issue. Every Tesla is going to have a gap there, and rain will absolutely get in. Even if the tail light was hanging off the car you wouldn't have any problems with it (apart from the banging sound as you drive around). The unit is sealed, all wiring is insulated, and all metal surfaces are treated.

That said, there's no harm in going to Tesla to ask them if they can reseat the tail light, even if it's for cosmetic reasons. It's an expensive car. It should have a certain level of fit and finish to it.

Thanks I appreciate the reply. If it's not going to affect anything I'll most likely leave it alone.

Reactions: JB47394
Update:

Scheduled delivery for this Saturday via the App. Then they called, I asked if I can pickup earlier, she said yes I can come by Thursday. Now I got a notification saying I can pick it up today at 1pm. Super excited, but I have weary thoughts of them rushing through inspection/detail. I'll keep you guys posted. Today's the day!
Alright so I picked it up. Everything looked perfect. To be honest, I'm not the type to go through every millimeter of the car. Nothing looked out of place, drives like a champ, and I love the lifesize cutout of Elon at the service desk.

Super happy to have purchased this, can't wait for all of you to feel the same way.

Please pardon cross-posting.

For anyone interested I have updated a statistical analysis I originally carried several months ago using Troy Teslike's spreadsheet documenting orders and deliveries for the various Model 3 subtypes. I employed "R Notebook" to carry out the statistical analysis which I have output in a handy pdf format.

I believe this document will be of interest to many current and prospective Model 3 Owners. In particular, I have analyzed model 3 wait times by Region of the USA stratified by Year. Naturally, I would appreciate any feedback you would care to provide me as well. Thank you.

Attachments

• tesla-pdf-document1.pdf
    54.5 KB · Views: 83
I dont think I have ever seen this talked about but I was just at the Tesla SC and asked if there was an estimated build date along with my EDD. They were able to provide me a "build date" which I found interesting. I'm sure it changes along with EDD but it could be a bit insightful to some.

For those who are getting VIN#s recently, when was your OD?
You can look at a poster's signature, which is where we're putting the order progression information so it's available to everyone at a glance. It should appear below their post. If you're on a mobile, try viewing in landscape mode to see them. If you could put your own order details into your signature, I'm sure everyone would love to see your story to date.

Ok guys, I picked up my car today as expected. No issues. No Matrix headlights just as SA stated. Not a deal breaker for me as I would probably not notice it much when driving and could care less about a light show. Lol

I have 27 days left on lease with my stealth performance. Just finished stripping all the chrome delete. For now I’ll keep the new LR parked and try to put as many miles on the Stealth Performance until I return it.

OD was 3/11 for an SR and switched to LR on 6/16.

C827C7A1-8E7F-4811-B5DA-15DC2886813A.jpeg

Got my VIN today. Scottsdale Tesla called to tell me. OOD April 3rd. Model 3 LR, MSM, black int, 19’s, no FSD. Original window was:
7/15 to 8/1, then a month ago moved to
6/18 to 7/5, then on the 18th it bumped back to
6/28 to 7/12. With VIN 297xxx window is now showing
6/25 to 7/2.
83 days to get a VIN, should be about 90 to delivery. Or a little longer depending on so many different things.

Am I the only one who got Hankook Kinergy GTs on their M3LR? I don't think I've seen anyone else with these tires! Are Hankook decent quality?
Quite a few people have stated they got Hankooks. I hear the Michelin’s are better. I think it’s name brand vs off brand but I don’t know anything about tires other than how to change a flat one.

• Informative
Reactions: Maric and JB47394
Well, guys, it's been fun, 90 days of fun to be exact. But I graduated this morning. A wise man once said, "She's a beaut, Clark!" And boy is she.

Everyone I present "Summer".

We realized today was the first day of summer, so it seemed fitting.

After having the P for the last two days and now getting the LR, I can confirm we made the right decision. Color's wheels, model, everything. Perfect.

There wasn't a scratch, blemish, panel gap, or anything wrong with it. Also got all the goodies, charger, dual pane windows, ryzen chip, and matrix lights.

It's a bit surreal but I am glad to have the wait over with. Like everyone says it's worth it, but I still truly believe the wait before the VIN is way easier than the wait after getting the VIN.
Now to go buy the Homelink garage opener because carrying around a manual opener isn't going to be fun lol.

View attachment 819334View attachment 819335

My daughter acting like a race car driver:
View attachment 819336

Wow this color looks way better than it does on the website. I'm actually tempted to switch to red.

Decisions, decisions...