Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered mid April and just recently had my delivery date shift for the first time, to August 4-September 8. After ordering I left the next steps as pending, and didn't select the "Cash" option until like a few weeks ago which was when I got the first delivery date range. Not sure if that delayed it or not.
Yeah I’m kinda worried about mine too. I left my trade in part incomplete and I did switch to cash within a couple of weeks but not right away. Hoping I did not delay my delivery day. But what can you do? My stuff is all done now. No Change win my EDD yet

I was thinking about something we could all do as you wait for the cars to be delivered and that would be to reach out to local businesses and as well city governments and inquire about their current EV charging options and their future plans. There are forms online that can you forward but personally what I chose to do was write a short more personal email script and I'm blasting that off to everyone I can think of. I'm coming at them with the approach that we prefer to use retail businesses and restaurants that can offer us both their services as well as the opportunity to charge our EV.

We have to let the right people know just how much demand there is. Let's do it! :)

I took delivery yesterday in Kansas City. The car has Michelin tires and matrix headlights, and mobile charger was included. The SA was very helpful, the car was unlocked and we were told to look it over as long as we wanted before accepting it. There was one minor paint scratch on the rear pillar between the rear window and the right side rear passenger door that they were able to fix to my satisfaction with touchup paint (you would have to really look to find it now), but they also noted it in their system and gave me the name of their preferred body shop in Omaha and stated it would be covered at Tesla's cost if I choose to take it there. Decent service there as far as I'm concerned.

Knowing I had a 212 mile drive back to Omaha with 209 of those miles at interstate speeds, and that I had never driven a Tesla at all prior to delivery, I had run ABRP calculations beforehand. Based on what ABRP said, anything less than 90% charge on delivery at the speed limit looked like a sub 10 minute supercharger stop in St. Joseph Missouri. My 3 had 82% state of charge at delivery. With that in mind, I KNEW I would be stopping in St Joe's and the plan to observe the speed limit went out the window. Plugging in home in the navigation confirmed the supercharging stop in St. Joe's and I was on my way.

I drove 5 miles over the speed limit (75 in Missouri's 70 mph) and about 10 miles South of St. Joe's as the car as pre-conditioning the battery for supercharging, I noticed despite driving over the speed limit I wasn't that far off of what ABRP had recommended charging to in St. Joe's I think I was at 61% and ABRP had been recommending leaving the supercharger at around 67%. At this point I wasn't confident that I would make it home especially driving over the speed limit, but there is a Supercharger about 20 miles from my in Council Bluffs Iowa that I wondered if I could make it to. I initiated a voice command to navigate my to my house again and sure enough the car now suggested a 5 minute charge in Council Bluffs skipping St Joe's.

About 30 minutes later I started studying the energy screen more intently and it's range estimates indicated I should actually be able to make it without charging with a 30-40 mile cushion or roughly 10%. Another 30 to 50 miles later I did the voice search again and sure enough it indicated I'd make it with 14%. I ended up arriving at home with 12%, so 70% of the battery used on a 212 mile drive. I was impressed. The car fully charged last night in about 8 hours on my 14-50 outlet with the mobile adapter. I'll practice more one pedal city driving today as I didn't really get a chance to do much of that yesterday.

Been a few days but finally received my VIN the day I was heading to the airport to Hawaii. Vin 297XXX. I called the SA at the airport while waiting for my flight and asked if they would hold onto the car until I get back. Not shocked they said no, so I called Tesla and spoke to someone there and they confirmed that service centers can not hold onto them after the dates they give you because they don’t want them to have any issues at their service centers and be liable for any damages that may occur during those days sitting waiting. I explained to the person that it’s not okay that I had them add info to my file that several weeks ago that I would be on vacation during the 20th-29th. The person then said if I pass on the car I have to wait another possible 100+ days for me to get assigned a VIN. I explained to him that was not good customer service for someone spending close to $60k for a vehicle and waiting for as long as it’s taking now. Luckily the person offered home delivery and it would be there waiting from when I return from vacation. Got everything done with financing and insurance while in Hawaii and it is expected to be delivered on the 24th at 10:00. I’ll post after I return to from beautiful Hawaii. Has anyone had any issues with home delivery? Hoping everything is good to go and nothing major that would cause me to call them back and get fixed. Thanks everyone for keeping me some what insane during this frustrating process.
This has been said over and over: Tesla doesn't care about your problems. They'll give you a car when THEY are ready. Having said that, I'm glad you were able to arrange for home delivery.

My only concern about home delivery with you being out of town is that the 24hrs to report any problems after delivery will have expired by the time you see your car for the first time. So if you see any paint scratches or other cosmetic issues, Tesla could deny to fix it. And, Tesla being Tesla, they put more effort into denying a service claim than fixing it.

Just my 2 pennies.

This has been said over and over: Tesla doesn't care about your problems. They'll give you a car when THEY are ready. Having said that, I'm glad you were able to arrange for home delivery.

My only concern about home delivery with you being out of town is that the 24hrs to report any problems after delivery will have expired by the time you see your car for the first time. So if you see any paint scratches or other cosmetic issues, Tesla could deny to fix it. And, Tesla being Tesla, they put more effort into denying a service claim than fixing it.

Just my 2 pennies.
Hopefully he can have a family member or friend go over and give it a good look. Not the same as the owner doing it but it's better than waiting until he gets back. And no, they don't care about his situation.

hmmm I thought this was included in standard auto pilot? you just have to enable lane changes with signals ? Unless I am completely remembering this incorrectly, you do not need FSD to do this if you're outside of EU.
definitely not part of standard AP. It used to be a feature on Enhanced AP but things changed in 2019 I believe when AP became standard and the lane change feature moved to the FSD platform. I use AP alot and I find it very easy to use the blinker and the disengagement/engagement procedure.

definitely not part of standard AP. It used to be a feature on Enhanced AP but things changed in 2019 I believe when AP became standard and the lane change feature moved to the FSD platform. I use AP alot and I find it very easy to use the blinker and the disengagement/engagement procedure.
No one is saying it's difficult to re-engage it, but would be nice if it just change the lane with turn signal

So I was a bit surprised with the LR we picked up yesterday. I was transferring items off our current Model 3 over, and was going to set up the dashcam. In the glovebox, there is already a Tesla thumb drive connected for Sentry/Dashcam. Is this standard? I will probably still replace it with mine, but that was a pleasant surprise amid Tesla removing any accessories being included these days...

Reactions: Maric
No one is saying it's difficult to re-engage it, but would be nice if it just change the lane with turn signal
Or even if it just automatically re-enables lane centering after a manual lane change like every other car with lane centering assist.
yeah, to re-engage it is simple, but shouldn't have to be that way. I feel like there are many higher end cars that this come standard on. All I'm saying is that it would be nice if this was a feature included on standard autopilot. I mean....it's not asking much, right? lol.

Let's just start a revolution and all tweet Elon to get this added for free haha.

PPF (Xpel Ultimate Plus, hood, front facia, lights, mirrors, fenders) and full body ceramic today! Removed some badging as well. Next up, window tinting.
image000000.JPG
image000001.JPG

When did everyone get the final amount owed to tesla? I'm trying to figure out the final amount so I can complete my 3rd party loan application.

Also on a side note, Tesla's trade in offer was a joke....Carmax offer 12k (because the transmission is having hard downshifts), trade in BB is ~14k and tesla offers 9.5k?!?! 2014 BMW 335i M-sport FWIW?