Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does everyone recommend picking up at Tesla rather than at home? I think I selected at home for the convenience but it looks like pickup is more common.

Also does anyone else change their mind on the paint color everytime they see a Tesla on the road 😆 I bought white, but I like the red, grey, and that doesnt even include all of the awesome looking wraps! Will changing paint color move my car down the line?
That's the only option they gave me earlier today as well. Then I contacted my SA to manually schedule pick up on site instead.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
Does everyone recommend picking up at Tesla rather than at home? I think I selected at home for the convenience but it looks like pickup is more common.

Also does anyone else change their mind on the paint color everytime they see a Tesla on the road 😆 I bought white, but I like the red, grey, and that doesnt even include all of the awesome looking wraps! Will changing paint color move my car down the line?
We originally had planned to do SC pickup, but we ended up with delivery. Honestly even with the issues we found, we still would have picked it up and drove it home anyways. There would have had to be something obscenely out of place for us to reject pickup - but all in all we are were happy with our delivery.

Things we found: Fender alignment passenger side, dash trim at the front is not fully seated, something new we just discovered is a rattling somewhere on the right side of the cabin, it sounds like loose plastic rattling around. Thought it was specific to highway speed noise, but was sitting in the car yesterday and heard it, maybe from the glove box area?

We originally had planned to do SC pickup, but we ended up with delivery. Honestly even with the issues we found, we still would have picked it up and drove it home anyways. There would have had to be something obscenely out of place for us to reject pickup - but all in all we are were happy with our delivery.

Things we found: Fender alignment passenger side, dash trim at the front is not fully seated, something new we just discovered is a rattling somewhere on the right side of the cabin, it sounds like loose plastic rattling around. Thought it was specific to highway speed noise, but was sitting in the car yesterday and heard it, maybe from the glove box area?
Nice, same car as ours and in San Diego too. Did you get Matrix headlights? I was hoping the SA was wrong and ours had it, but it didn't. Not a big deal enough for me to turn down the delivery or anything though. I picked it up at Carlsbad location.

If you pick up from the factory or a SC, is it the same deal where you can't unlock and inspect the interior before you accept delivery? Can you even reject delivery if you do a home delivery?

I selected pick up from the factory when I ordered, but it seems like they're trying to force a home delivery on me.

Nice, same car as ours and in San Diego too. Did you get Matrix headlights? I was hoping the SA was wrong and ours had it, but it didn't. Not a big deal enough for me to turn down the delivery or anything though. I picked it up at Carlsbad location.
There are so many driving around Mira Mesa right now, but i'm totally fine with that. I look at each one just look at each one to see what they have done with tint so we can finalize our coverage. We did get the Matrix and Michelin, was super happy about that - however would not have turned down the car if it did not. Just would have had a sad face inside. Already scheduled a Service appointment at the Miramar location for the identified issues.

There are so many driving around Mira Mesa right now, but i'm totally fine with that. I look at each one just look at each one to see what they have done with tint so we can finalize our coverage. We did get the Matrix and Michelin, was super happy about that - however would not have turned down the car if it did not. Just would have had a sad face inside. Already scheduled a Service appointment at the Miramar location for the identified issues.
It's the new Civic it feels like. When I got my first Tesla back in 2015, I was hardly one of the first in the area but people would still stop to ask me questions, and SC spots were mostly empty. How much it has changed in that time.

Awesome you got the headlights. I also got Michelin which was nice. Ours will sit in the garage until lat next month except for tint appointment. I'll probably debadge it while it sits in the garage too since I hated how my microfiber towels kept snagging on the emblem when cleaning.

• Funny
Reactions: 72Five10

I changed my mind for that very reason, orignally had blue which I still love but the more I saw of the silver the more I liked it so changed my order and saved a grand! My edd did not change after I switched but who knows with that.

Graduation day! I was supposed to pick her up on Friday but I got a call today to see if I wanted to pick her up early because they saw it was my birthday today! Amazing birthday surprise! They even had balloons ready for me 😂🎉.

ODD: 4/29. Original EDD: August 15-Sept 28. Only one change up to July 8th but it went right back till Aug 15. Until last Monday. Amazing birthday surprise!

VIN 275xxx matrix headlights!

Attachments

• B7D6F0D9-FBDC-49C6-8524-322C19FE9757.jpeg
    B7D6F0D9-FBDC-49C6-8524-322C19FE9757.jpeg
    892.8 KB · Views: 84
I have had a Model 3 SR+ on order since February. We purchased a preowned 2021 SR+ in March. My wife and I toyed with the idea of purchasing a Model Y but really hated the cost being near $70k. Since my order has yet to get a VIN and I didn’t realize I could make changes as long as it stayed a Model 3, I changed it to an LR and the same color as our ‘21, and I get the price from when I did the order in February, so $51k before the color and wheels upgrade. Also my ear delivery date stayed the same. Looking at August-Sept. Think I can get it sooner if I add FSD and then remove it once I get a VIN?

I just hope the trade in value with Tesla will be good. We love road trips in it!

Reactions: Maric
Success! It was about a half day ordeal (driving to/from was about 2+ hours) and it was a busy day at Tesla Devon. We needed to wait about 30 minutes before the SA was able to review our paperwork. I was ragging on the SA about their password choice for Service Center's Wi-Fi. :cool:

In the meantime, we walked around the car--no major issues noted. We couldn't carefully examine the paint since it had just rained and was a bit overcast. One thing I noted was a plastic trim which was loose and located by the frunk and driver's side windshield. The interior was generally fine; the middle back seat had some minor stain--figured I'd wipe it down later.

The car had a thumb drive in the glove box [for Sentry], UMC (15A), J1772 Adapter and a Model 3 License plate frame.

It took us a while to go through the menu and select our preferences, pair up our phones and set-up our profiles. By the time we were finished, it was charged up to 90% and we were ready to add some miles to the current odometer reading (3 miles)! ;)

Now I need to find a nearby authorized garage to provide the safety inspection sticker for PA; I guess Tesla Service Centers are not authorized to provide that?

PickupDay-2022-06-23.jpg
20220623_160543.jpg
20220623_170120.jpg

I have had a Model 3 SR+ on order since February. We purchased a preowned 2021 SR+ in March. My wife and I toyed with the idea of purchasing a Model Y but really hated the cost being near $70k. Since my order has yet to get a VIN and I didn’t realize I could make changes as long as it stayed a Model 3, I changed it to an LR and the same color as our ‘21, and I get the price from when I did the order in February, so $51k before the color and wheels upgrade. Also my ear delivery date stayed the same. Looking at August-Sept. Think I can get it sooner if I add FSD and then remove it once I get a VIN?

I just hope the trade in value with Tesla will be good. We love road trips in it!
I’m pretty sure you can’t make any changes after you are assigned a VIN. FSD has really not made a delivery difference. If you could do that, we all would have done it too.

Success! It was about a half day ordeal (driving to/from was about 2+ hours) and it was a busy day at Tesla Devon. We needed to wait about 30 minutes before the SA was able to review our paperwork. I was ragging on the SA about their password choice for Service Center's Wi-Fi. :cool:

In the meantime, we walked around the car--no major issues noted. We couldn't carefully examine the paint since it had just rained and was a bit overcast. One thing I noted was a plastic trim which was loose and located by the frunk and driver's side windshield. The interior was generally fine; the middle back seat had some minor stain--figured I'd wipe it down later.

The car had a thumb drive in the glove box [for Sentry], UMC (15A), J1772 Adapter and a Model 3 License plate frame.

It took us a while to go through the menu and select our preferences, pair up our phones and set-up our profiles. By the time we were finished, it was charged up to 90% and we were ready to add some miles to the current odometer reading (3 miles)! ;)

Now I need to find a nearby authorized garage to provide the safety inspection sticker for PA; I guess Tesla Service Centers are not authorized to provide that?

View attachment 820270View attachment 820272View attachment 820273
Pretty sure they use the same WiFi password at all locations. That way your car will automatically connect regardless of which SC you're at.

man i really thought i was gonna get my vin today since i was so close to my previous edd which was june 24-july 8 but woke up to new edd of more than a month ..its still not too late yet hopefully i get a pull back and get my vin soon
I haven't even seen any California april VINS in this end of quarter push yet, unfortunately I wouldn't hold my breath for a Q2 delivery if I was you :(

Reactions: Nfletcher