Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Graduation day! I was supposed to pick her up on Friday but I got a call today to see if I wanted to pick her up early because they saw it was my birthday today! Amazing birthday surprise! They even had balloons ready for me 😂🎉.

ODD: 4/29. Original EDD: August 15-Sept 28. Only one change up to July 8th but it went right back till Aug 15. Until last Monday. Amazing birthday surprise!

VIN 275xxx matrix headlights!
Ohio again! First super fast delivery, now they even celebrate birthdays! I'm jealous, lol. Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

I have had a Model 3 SR+ on order since February. We purchased a preowned 2021 SR+ in March. My wife and I toyed with the idea of purchasing a Model Y but really hated the cost being near $70k. Since my order has yet to get a VIN and I didn’t realize I could make changes as long as it stayed a Model 3, I changed it to an LR and the same color as our ‘21, and I get the price from when I did the order in February, so $51k before the color and wheels upgrade. Also my ear delivery date stayed the same. Looking at August-Sept. Think I can get it sooner if I add FSD and then remove it once I get a VIN?

I just hope the trade in value with Tesla will be good. We love road trips in it!
When did you change to LR? If it was recently changed you should likely see EDD update in a few days based on previous reports.

Reactions: ZZ118
Pretty sure they use the same WiFi password at all locations. That way your car will automatically connect regardless of which SC you're at.
Yep, I just noticed it when I picked up in Charlotte on Sunday.

20220619_133355.jpg

Your first EDD (the one with actual dates) is your most accurate EDD. Except Ohio. There is a portal from Freemont direct to the Ohio service centers. If you want your car faster, go live in Ohio. AND they throw birthday parties!!
If you ordered in April, in any other state, you’re probably waiting another month or more. They are still delivering mid March orders.

Your first EDD (the one with actual dates) is your most accurate EDD. Except Ohio. There is a portal from Freemont direct to the Ohio service centers. If you want your car faster, go live in Ohio. AND they throw birthday parties!!
If you ordered in April, in any other state, you’re probably waiting another month or more. They are still delivering mid March orders.

Obviously, there seems to be a bias for Ohio. LOL.

Well as I was leaving, I saw another delivery of cars coming through on a transporter (for my region in PA)--hang in there. You may be pleasantly surprised like a was receiving a VIN number a full month before your EDD!

Reactions: jpaychek
Graduation day moved to Friday instead Sunday. :) I am scheduled to pickup tomorrow at 2pm. I have seen so many new Teslas in the area in the last couple of weeks. This explains why Socal Tint does not have any appointments for tint or PPF until late August. o_O Anybody from SoCal have any other suggestions for where to go for tint or PPF? Not sure I want to wait that long to get PPF.

Other than using the suggested checklist does anyone have any other advise? Hoping to setup my phone to use as a key immediately. Would also like to schedule an appointment to get Homelink to open my garage. Wondering what else should I be trying to do immediately.

I really appreciate all the advise and commiseration I have gotten from everyone here! For those waiting for VINs hang in there. Once you get your VIN things move in warp speed. So buckle up. :)

Graduation day moved to Friday instead Sunday. :) I am scheduled to pickup tomorrow at 2pm. I have seen so many new Teslas in the area in the last couple of weeks. This explains why Socal Tint does not have any appointments for tint or PPF until late August. o_O Anybody from SoCal have any other suggestions for where to go for tint or PPF? Not sure I want to wait that long to get PPF.

Other than using the suggested checklist does anyone have any other advise? Hoping to setup my phone to use as a key immediately. Would also like to schedule an appointment to get Homelink to open my garage. Wondering what else should I be trying to do immediately.

I really appreciate all the advise and commiseration I have gotten from everyone here! For those waiting for VINs hang in there. Once you get your VIN things move in warp speed. So buckle up. :)
Don’t know their availability but try Xtreme Edge Auto detailing in Garden Grove. Great work. When did you order?

Reactions: Acocpuff
Don’t know their availability but try Xtreme Edge Auto detailing in Garden Grove. Great work. When did you order?
My OD is 3/15.

How are March OD's doing? I'm at 6/7-7/12 EDD but I have a feeling that we may be getting our VINs mid May
It looks like a lot of SoCal and Arizonia March ODs are getting their VINs.
For CA folks, don't forget to start your CVRP process after you get your car (if you ordered prior to the 3/15 price hike)
I ordred on 3/15 and I think I won't qualify. I talked to someone from their office and she said I should qualify. But after reading the price restrictions, I think I missed the cut. I am going to try anyway. I purchased the magnetic carpool holders already too!

My graduation day was yesterday and it's booked for tint for this afternoon. OC Tint Solutions in Anaheim is where I'm getting it done. Doing 3M Nano Ceramic all around. They have availability. Not sure if they do PPF.

I'm definitely considering getting homelink. It's a little pricey but that price includes installation and they usually come to you to install it. I also ended up ordering a key fob since I like having an actual remote key.

Where are you picking up?

I ended up getting non-Matrix headlights. The SA at delivery said all model 3 have Matrix now which I knew was not true.

My graduation day was yesterday and it's booked for tint for this afternoon. OC Tint Solutions in Anaheim is where I'm getting it done. Doing 3M Nano Ceramic all around. They have availability. Not sure if they do PPF.

I'm definitely considering getting homelink. It's a little pricey but that price includes installation and they usually come to you to install it. I also ended up ordering a key fob since I like having an actual remote key.

Where are you picking up?

I ended up getting non-Matrix headlights. The SA at delivery said all model 3 have Matrix now which I knew was not true.

What tint % are you going to go with?

I didn’t try. Maybe you have to go back into the edit configuration page where you select color and wheels and interior?

But it shows for new order configurations and in the app for existing owners.
I have not taken delivery yet and it shows in my app under Full Self-Driving. The button is labeled UPGRADE. Click on that and the next screen shows Modify Selection with Basic Autopilot (Included), Enhanced Autopilot $6,000 and Full Self-Driving $12,000. There is an UPDATE ORDER button.