Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your first EDD (the one with actual dates) is your most accurate EDD. Except Ohio. There is a portal from Freemont direct to the Ohio service centers. If you want your car faster, go live in Ohio. AND they throw birthday parties!!
If you ordered in April, in any other state, you’re probably waiting another month or more. They are still delivering mid March orders.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Funny
Reactions: IWRBR and jpaychek
Out of general curiosity I have a question for those who have VIN’s or have taken recent delivery in the 280x-290x range. I know it’s been brought up a few times and it seemed like there was a pattern of the final 10,000 ish around the end of a month getting the Premium lights versus the Global Matrix. Is that happening again this month or did Tesla figure that out? I plan on taking my car whenever I get vin with whatever headlights it comes with, not a big deal for me but I’m just curious if the pattern is continuing. It seems like it has stopped but I could also just be missing it in the flurry of activity lately.

Reactions: QueenSundodger
Out of general curiosity I have a question for those who have VIN’s or have taken recent delivery in the 280x-290x range. I know it’s been brought up a few times and it seemed like there was a pattern of the final 10,000 ish around the end of a month getting the Premium lights versus the Global Matrix. Is that happening again this month or did Tesla figure that out? I plan on taking my car whenever I get vin with whatever headlights it comes with, not a big deal for me but I’m just curious if the pattern is continuing. It seems like it has stopped but I could also just be missing it in the flurry of activity lately.
Mine is 275xxx, has everything

There have been reports of premium lights again in the last couple weeks

Mine is 297xxx and still didn't come with matrix headlights

Mine is 27XXXX and has matrix headlights.

Anyone thinking of buying the Acceleration Boost? I'm tempted. It will make the transition from my performance model to this less painful. lol
Do it! But can I request a ride after? I've only ridden in a Performance, but after driving ours it's more than plenty to get me in trouble - so when i do drive it i have been leaving it on Chill.
My graduation day was yesterday and it's booked for tint for this afternoon. OC Tint Solutions in Anaheim is where I'm getting it done. Doing 3M Nano Ceramic all around. They have availability. Not sure if they do PPF.

I'm definitely considering getting homelink. It's a little pricey but that price includes installation and they usually come to you to install it. I also ended up ordering a key fob since I like having an actual remote key.

Where are you picking up?

I ended up getting non-Matrix headlights. The SA at delivery said all model 3 have Matrix now which I knew was not true.
I thought about homelink too, but it seems pretty $teep for what most cars come with standard today. I've been using smart home integration and have it setup with Hubitat (widget on my android phone). Possibly an option for smart home owners out there already?

Do it! But can I request a ride after? I've only ridden in a Performance, but after driving ours it's more than plenty to get me in trouble - so when i do drive it i have been leaving it on Chill.

I thought about homelink too, but it seems pretty $teep for what most cars come with standard today. I've been using smart home integration and have it setup with Hubitat (widget on my android phone). Possibly an option for smart home owners out there already?
I'd be happy to. Tell me about it, with this having this performance model the past 3 years, I've punched it at every opportunity...being a lease didn't help, since I wasn't worried about wearing anything out by pushing it all the time. lol

Reactions: 72Five10
Brand new here,

Huntersville, NC
Model 3 LR Midnight Silver 18" Aero;
OD: 4/28/2022;
EDD 1; Before clicking purchase: Sept - Dec?
EDD 2; Just after order: Sept 1 - Oct 18
EDD 3: Aug 31 - Oct 11
EDD 4; Aug 27 - Oct
Huntersville, NC
Model 3 LR Midnight Silver 18" Aero;
OD: 4/28/2022;
EDD 1; Before clicking purchase: Sept - Dec?
EDD 2; Just after order: Sept 1 - Oct 18
EDD 3: Aug 31 - Oct 11
EDD 4:. Aug 27 - Oct 1
EDD narrowed a bit today.

Does your home integration open/close automatically with the proximity of the phone? I have MyQ setup with mine but been too lazy to integrate it with my alexa. I have my opener in my cubby and just press the button...seems easier.

My Model S used to have the auto-close/open, but after it mixed things up and opened the door while I left the house once (I parked outside that day), I turned it off and never used that feature - so I won't pay the $350 to have one installed either.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
My graduation day was yesterday and it's booked for tint for this afternoon. OC Tint Solutions in Anaheim is where I'm getting it done. Doing 3M Nano Ceramic all around. They have availability. Not sure if they do PPF.

I'm definitely considering getting homelink. It's a little pricey but that price includes installation and they usually come to you to install it. I also ended up ordering a key fob since I like having an actual remote key.

Where are you picking up?

I ended up getting non-Matrix headlights. The SA at delivery said all model 3 have Matrix now which I knew was not true.
How much was the tint there?

EDD is currently 8/12-9/16 but the app/website isn’t letting me change paint from black to red. Anyone know why? Original EDD was 7/19-8/30. Maybe it’s assigning me a VIN soon?

Tesla could also be tired of me making updates. Haha. I can’t think of a time I’ve ever been more indecisive on a decision.
After a certain amount of time, the option goes away in your profile. Use the link below to edit your design.
https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######

• Informative
Reactions: Maric
Is there anything I need to be aware of with my order that may prevent getting a VIN assigned? I changed the trim on mine from an SR+ grey with sport wheels to an LR blue with sport wheels yesterday. My payment still shows Tesla preferred lender but most likely I'll be going with my credit union. EDD is August 13-Sept 17 which is what it was even before I made changes yesterday.